Stags Stay Up🔵⚪️🔴 A Kessock Bridge Too Far For Jags 🔴🟡

1 hour ago, Jacky1990 said:

I honestly dont think Ive ever seen a positive Thistle post from you.

Most of the negative ones reference McCall.

The guys been gone for months mate, move on.

You are a proper doom monger without any comment to back up your negativity. Then use "McCall lover" to deflect it when called out on it. 

Odd individual who seemingly cant stand any sort of success for the team they claim to support.

Hope youre okay in the real world. Always remember its good to talk to someone if not.

Called out? Because I was negative over McCall? Justified in the end.  Claim to support? Oh my! A very Rangers type comment. I have supported( suffered) Thistle since 1969, so I suppose I know which football team I actually support.

And to hint at someone's mental state really is reprehensible. 

Oh dear!  Anyway, onwards and upwards. Here is to locking horns in the future

I thought that was panning out to be the same as the previous playoff matches. We had to withstand some early pressure, then take the lead and gradually take control. And it looked like that until the sending off, but then it was a bit harder to get many moves going in the 1st half until Graham’s blinder just before half time and I guess we could had a third before the break. How we didn’t score in the  first 15 mins of the 2nd half I just don’t know and I had a horrible feeling County were going to sneak a goal. Pity Mullen’s effort crashed off the bar.

Anyway, we scored 4 vs QP at Firhill - and 4 away; 3 vs Ayr at Firhill and 5 away. We know what to expect on Sunday.

The fact we are only 2-0 down is wild, should have been 4 or 5.

Fully expect another battering in Dingwall.

Had to settle for a seat in the Jackie Husband last night as I was too slow buying my ticket.

Reason I moved to the JL was the moaners in the JH who are never happy. Still in evidence last night even as we surged forward in wave after wave of attacks. County did well to keep it at 2, they could easily have folded 2nd half but didn't. 

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

Anyway, we scored 4 vs QP at Firhill - and 4 away; 3 vs Ayr at Firhill and 5 away. We know what to expect on Sunday.

This probably suggests youre due a shite day in front of goal where nothing comes off, FWIW. Last night was maybe a warning of that.

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

This probably suggests youre due a shite day in front of goal where nothing comes off, FWIW. Last night was maybe a warning of that.

Last night was our shite day in front of goal - now we've got that out our system...

I said before the tie we'd need to be more clinical as we wouldn't get as many chances vs County as we had vs QP and Ayr and we were actually somehow less clinical especially in the second half. Holt has been scoring those rebound type goals for fun this season and that was a huge miss. Think the save at the end was a bit overrated though, it was straight at the keeper and he nearly flapped it in.

Feels like almost everything has broken for us so far from avoiding ICT and Morton who were ending the season as the form teams but fell just short of top 4, to playing a QP team who were the opposite of a form team, to Ayr missing Akinyemi in the first leg and then him being sent off in second leg (albeit game was done by then), to the red card last night, so I have an ever increasing feeling that the other shoe is going to drop on Sunday, but maybe this time it is different.

Speaking of the red card, I do feel it's being ignored quite a bit in the analysis, County were well in the game up to the 2nd goal at 10 vs 11, pretty sure Sky showed a graphic just before the 2nd goal that had them with more of the attacking play. We'll definitely get chances up there but 11 vs 11 will be a different story and while Mitchell didn't have to make a save, every cross into the box or corner seemed to ricochet about the penalty area for ten seconds which did not do my heart rate any favours.

10 hours ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Can Dross score 3 goals at home without conceding................. I doubt it

9 hours ago, tintax said:

Doolan coming across very well. How I miss that in a manager. Partick will be fine on Sunday. Can’t see us scoring 3 without you lot getting atleast 1. 

Ross County don't need 3 to stay up though...

All the people on here saying county can’t score , we’ve scored 3 twice in our last 5 matches but the utter rubbish we’ve served up last night and Sunday past has been pathetic and performance levels need to be upped big time, in saying that if we show the determination we did as recently as 9 days ago against st johnstone from 2-0 down to 3-2 up then I am confident, it’s all about which version of county turn up

As relieved as I was to see Watson benched, playing a 16 year old when there were two experienced defenders on the bench was bad management. Smith had a bit of a 'mare at Tynecastle when the pressure was on and I thought at that time that he would've been protected for the rest of the season. Purrington's best position IMO is left of a back three, he should have deputised for Iacovitti.

Not the only piece of bad management though. Among many others were

• leaving Jordan White up front and taking off the mobile striker. White was the worst player on the park last night, but those weren't the match conditions for him. There is no comparison with what Brian Graham offers to his team. Not replacing him until 70+ mins as well, jeez.
  • Having Connor Randall mark Graham at set-pieces. WTF. I'm surprised Graham didn't score a hat-trick.
  • Picking Tillson out of nowhere. Same old anonymous performance, there's a reason why he hasn't been picked since January.

I thought County were well in the game 11v11. Loturi and Dhanda saw lots of the ball early on and County were playing higher up the pitch than we've seen recently. They probably still would have lost but would have landed some punches too. I don't see County recovering now though, with an even more depleted squad on Sunday. Edwards's suspension will hurt them.

Edited by bunglebonce

Aye, I was shouting at the TV with Randall on Graham. He gets absolutely rinsed by physical, streetwise strikers and it showed again. Compared him to Marcus Fraser at CB in a back four, but he's much, much worse than that.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

You know it was just a tongue in cheek comment. We played last night the same way we have in each of the previous 4 playoff games. We still scored 2 great goals.  Only desperate defending and a couple of good saves kept the score down. And a fourth shut out in a row for us. The tie isn’t over, but I think we will definitely score on Sunday.

28 minutes ago, Comrie said:

Aye, I was shouting at the TV with Randall on Graham. He gets absolutely rinsed by physical, streetwise strikers and it showed again. 

That might explain why White starts every week, if he's being marked by Randall in training.

24 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

As relieved as I was to see Watson benched, playing a 16 year old when there were two experienced defenders on the bench was bad management. Smith had a bit of a 'mare at Tynecastle when the pressure was on and I thought at that time that he would've been protected for the rest of the season. Purrington's best position IMO is left of a back three, he should have deputised for Iacovitti.

Not the only piece of bad management though. Among many others were

• leaving Jordan White up front and taking off the mobile striker. White was the worst player on the park last night, but those weren't the match conditions for him. There is no comparison with what Brian Graham offers to his team. Not replacing him until 70+ mins as well, jeez.
  • Having Connor Randall mark Graham at set-pieces. WTF. I'm surprised Graham didn't score a hat-trick.
  • Picking Tillson out of nowhere. Same old anonymous performance, there's a reason why he hasn't been picked since January.

I thought County were well in the game 11v11. Loturi and Dhanda saw lots of the ball early on and County were playing higher up the pitch than we've seen recently. They probably still would have lost but would have landed some punches too. I don't see County recovering now though, with an even more depleted squad on Sunday. Edwards's suspension will hurt them.

Your analysis is spot on here.  I thought the post red substitution was a rushed decision, for someone who's play revolves around use of his head, to leave White on carrying 7 stitches was madness.  He must have been touch and go as to whether he was fit to start.

As for Dylan Smith, couldn't agree more.  This sending off and the Hearts game has set him back massively, really felt for the lad but he shouldn't have been in that situation.

Our best hope is an early goal on Sunday which would hopefully rattle Partick.  Cant see it happening though.

11 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its interesting how the next generation of managers coming through seem relatively exciting in what they want to do (bar Barry Robson who seems to be on the pathway to the "win your battles, dont concede" mindset boring the life out of everyone).

Doolan seems happy to play high risk, high reward, football with a plan. Steven MacLean similar with us and i think Naismith is on the same path.

I really like what I've seen of Doolan so far. McCall wasn't terrible, imo, but Doolan's just taken it up another level. 'Progressive' lower league managers are ten-a-penny, however they pretty much never translate that into being effective which results in 80% possession with 1 shot, but he looks like he's implemented fun football that also suits Thistle's players. 

The concerns will be about what he does when things start going wrong - especially if it's in the Premiership - as it's been plain sailing for him to date.

53 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Edwards's suspension will hurt them.

Just picking up this. Is this confirmed, Edwards is suspended. 

I thought he offered a threat last night with his pace. That woud be a boost for Thistle if he is missing. 

@John MacLean the commentator referred to Edwards's latest suspension kicking in after last night's match.

ETA: going by previous matches, Malky will put Randall at wing-back instead, which means his sliced 40 yard balls will be from further up the pitch than last night.

Edited by bunglebonce

White for all County fans weren't impressed with him gave me utter fear anytime the ball bounced around in the box. Based on nothing much I feel we struggle more with that type of striker than your small trickier types.

I thought Murray might have started considering the grief he gave us earlier in the season at Queen's Park but based on Graham getting 2 volleys away from crosses after scoring one earlier in the playoffs I'm not sure Malky has watched a single minute of us to prepare for these games.