Stags Stay Up🔵⚪️🔴 A Kessock Bridge Too Far For Jags 🔴🟡

3 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Don't laugh, but we also lost Azeez, replaced with Storey. While Azeez's finishing was terrible and frustrating as f*ck, he did really put defences on the back foot and held the ball up well when defending a narrow lead. Storey did neither really.

Azeez was so much like Jordan Slew when the latter was at County 2013-14. Both are of a similar age, playing style, the worst finishers and have near identical CVs. Finishing mid-table in the SPFL Premiership appears to be the high point of their respective careers by a distance.

I'd have either in County's team tomorrow if they still had the ability they had from 13-14 and 16-17 respectively.

4 hours ago, jagsfan57 said:

Top 6 to playoffs(and relegation) isn’t unheard of. Probably shouldn’t happen, but in such a small league it can’t be unexpected.

4 hours ago, Swello said:

Motherwell went from 2nd place to playoffs in one season (anniversary of the 2nd leg vs Rangers today in fact) which will be the most extreme one I'd imagine.

4 hours ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Dundee United just went from 4th to 12th.

Utd's last two top six finishes have been followed up with automatic relegation.

Thistle themselves did it the last time they were up, which I was assuming was jagsfan57's point.

Two clubs going from top six one season to relegation the next will be new. So that's exciting.

I'm now at the point where I think this won't be close. Either we'll run amok in the first leg and see it out relatively comfortably, or the gap between top half championship and bottom half Premiership will be too much and County will win by 2 goals in each leg with cigars out. 

8 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Azeez was so much like Jordan Slew when the latter was at County 2013-14. Both are of a similar age, playing style, the worst finishers and have near identical CVs. Finishing mid-table in the SPFL Premiership appears to be the high point of their respective careers by a distance.

I'd have either in County's team tomorrow if they still had the ability they had from 13-14 and 16-17 respectively.

Did score down at Firhill in a win, iirc.

On 30/05/2023 at 11:31, Pie Of The Month said:

Inverness last year had the 6 playoff games in 21 days.

And we had 6 in 24 days.

The "benefit" came at the end of March/start of April.

From the first week in April onwards we played more games in a shorter span of time than ICT building up to the play off meeting.

8 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

I'm now at the point where I think this won't be close. Either we'll run amok in the first leg and see it out relatively comfortably, or the gap between top half championship and bottom half Premiership will be too much and County will win by 2 goals in each leg with cigars out. 

Nah. Attritional zero goals over 210 minutes followed by a 2-1 victory on penalties. It's what the neutrals want.

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

Upto this point I haven’t been feeling nervous about this tie, unlike the other two. Nothing to lose for us, maybe ? 
Probably be a nervous wreck by 8.

Yeah I'm OK so far as I don't know what to expect, we could easily have our bubble burst. If we're winning going into Sunday I'll be in shambles especially as I'm at a wedding Saturday and likely to have a crippling hangover on Sunday to add to the nerves. 

Edited by Fuctifano

My heart says Thistle as I have a mate who supports them, my head says County as I think they will always be strugglers and my focus as a Saints fan is always to avoid the bottom two spots.

Edited by btb

1 hour ago, jagsfan57 said:

Upto this point I haven’t been feeling nervous about this tie, unlike the other two. Nothing to lose for us, maybe ? 
Probably be a nervous wreck by 8.

I know Countys defence is bad, but i doubt you'll score 8 for the third tie in a row.

16 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think it’s simply the case that our league, outside the top 2, is one where there’s incredibly small margins. I might be misremembering but from what I recall the only major difference between the squad that finished 6th for us and the one that lost to Livi was that Liam Lindsay left, and Abdul Osman was replaced by an imposter who didn’t seem to know how to play football. Other than that, it was much of a muchness in terms of the standard of individual players. And yet, it was enough to tip us from being a quite good premiership side into a really poor one.

Adam Barton as well, went from strolling it comfortably, to literally just strolling around not giving a f**k. 

10 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

This for me as well. We'll either be in dreamland or crashing back to earth. Unbelievably I think County might actually sit back in the first leg, which might actually be a good shout if we can't break them down, I'd feel more confident if they came at us.

Edited by thistledo

59 minutes ago, thistledo said:

Unbelievably I think County might actually sit back in the first leg, which might actually be a good shout if we can't break them down, I'd feel more confident if they came at us.

For all Mackay's attempts at mind games this week, I think County will be delighted to leave Glasgow with a draw, tbh.

Part of me is hoping big Jordan is not fit for tonight. Nothing against the guy - he’s probably up there for player of the year in my eyes. However, it might force us to actually utilise Dhanda instead of horsing it in JW’s direction.

5 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

And we had 6 in 24 days.

The "benefit" came at the end of March/start of April.

From the first week in April onwards we played more games in a shorter span of time than ICT building up to the play off meeting.

FWIW, the 3rd and 4th placed teams should be disadvantaged. We need to remember that the regular championship season only has 36 games compared to 38 in the Premiership. If the 3rd/4th placed team gets through to the final they will only be playing 2 more games than the premiership team and if those extra two games are squeezed into a shorter timeframe, that’s the cost of not finishing 2nd.

28 minutes ago, Matty-RCFC said:

Part of me is hoping big Jordan is not fit for tonight. Nothing against the guy - he’s probably up there for player of the year in my eyes. However, it might force us to actually utilise Dhanda instead of horsing it in JW’s direction.

When he came off on Sunday, they just carried on horsing it up as though he was still there 😕

I wouldn't be too fussed with being relegated. It would be nice to see us win some games for once and get rid of 9/10th's of the shite we've got on the books.

It would obviously be even nicer to get rid of Mackay, however, unfortunately I don't see it happening. 😥

3 minutes ago, StoneThrowAway said:

I wouldn't be too fussed with being relegated. It would be nice to see us win some games for once

I remember consoling myself with the same when we went down last- we proceeded to spend another couple of seasons getting horsed by everyone till we ended up in the seaside league