Stags Stay Up🔵⚪️🔴 A Kessock Bridge Too Far For Jags 🔴🟡

Super Sunday in the Premiership.

Who gets the chance to disappoint an expectant Thistle support next week?

Good luck. May the second worst team see plenty of short-term injuries and a few red cards.

Edited by jagfox

• jagfox changed the title to Partick Thistle 🔴🟡Vs Ross County🔵⚪️🔴

Ross county doesn't deserve to be in the top flight and belongs in a league with Glasgow Gretna.

Conversely watching a team that absolutely fought to get here fall at the final hurdle has a certain je nais se quois.

Do want thistle to win though.

25 minutes ago, forkboy said:

Excited to see how badly County f**k this one up

Quite badly. It will be predictable crap.

Five at the back, playing the ball over Dhanda’s head

Three centre backs marking Brian Graham, while any two of three Thistle attacking midfielders will double up and overload in spaces behind the defence.

Hardish work from middle to front with no quality. Maybe the odd sprinkle of magic from Dhanda, probably from dead balls because he doesn’t have anyone to combine with in open play. The best attacking moments in the final third will end with the ball landing to either Keith Watson or Connor Randall to waste possession.

Baldwin launching barely average-quality long throws for the rest of the time.

Thistle have many more game-changing players. County’s best hope is keeping the score to a minimum and grinding a home win. Not going to happen.

I would advocate a change of system to reclaim any kind of impetus, but for whatever reason County have no attacking midfielders anymore to make that work. 

Edited by bunglebonce

5 minutes ago, bunglebonce said:

Quite badly. It will be predictable crap.

Five at the back, playing the ball over Dhanda’s head

Three centre backs marking Brian Graham, while any two of three Thistle attacking midfielders will double up and overload in spaces behind the defence.

Hardish work from middle to front with no quality. Maybe the odd sprinkle of magic from Dhanda, probably from dead balls because he doesn’t have anyone to combine with in open play. The best attacking moments in the final third will end with the ball landing to either Keith Watson or Connor Randall to waste possession.

Baldwin launching barely average-quality long throws for the rest of the time.

Thistle have many more game-changing players. County’s best hope is keeping the score to a minimum and grinding a home win. Not going to happen.

I would advocate a change of system to reclaim any kind of impetus, but for whatever reason County have no attacking midfielders anymore to make that work. 

You're telling me,Thistle have a chance? 

23 minutes ago, jagfox said:

You're telling me,Thistle have a chance? 

County don’t create chances, so I would say so!

They’ve scored four goals in their last three matches… which seems reasonable on the face of it. However, two of those came from penalties (completely) against the run of play. One was a lucky mis-hit shot falling to White 1v1 with the keeper, then the other was a once-in-a-careeer screamer from a centre-back. Alex Samuel created a couple of chances for himself vs St Johnstone by scrapping with centre-backs to get goal-side with the odds against him… he’s genuinely my best hope for County scraping by, and he has one goal since signing two summers ago! 

There is nothing in recent  performances which suggests County have enough to out-score Thistle, given how confident Thistle are going forward. 

Edited by bunglebonce

Thistle if you win and Malky gets the punt, I'll take it.

The football played right now makes the stuff we played under Jimmy Calderwood look like 1982 Brazil.

Edited by Comrie