Stags Stay Up🔵⚪️🔴 A Kessock Bridge Too Far For Jags 🔴🟡

1 hour ago, bunglebonce said:

Brophy and Gwion Edwards only had 12 starts between them. Had they been available it would improve the outlook so much. 

That Gwion Edwards looked a cracking player down our right side.

I take it that as he was with County on loan, he's no longer here & gone back to his parent club, Brophy too? It's a shame if so as both would be handy for Thursday, or just even Sunday.

7 hours ago, Comrie said:

Our physios/treatment room is like the Bermuda Triangle- players pick up a knock, they're then out for two months, then they get released.

The club is notorious for it.  Not sure if it’s being in the Highlands or just appointing shitty medical staff, but it’s yet another aspect that the club appears to be failing in.   

17 hours ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I understand some folk want Malky to fail, but I really want County to stay up.

I was going to make some pithy reply about both things being possible, but that got me thinking. Does play-off survival represent success or failure for Ross County?

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

The club is notorious for it.  Not sure if it’s being in the Highlands or just appointing shitty medical staff, but it’s yet another aspect that the club appears to be failing in.   

Get excuses in early ? That old chestnut 

50 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

I was going to make some pithy reply about both things being possible, but that got me thinking. Does play-off survival represent success or failure for Ross County?

Will hugely depend on who you ask but I'd say it's been a significant failure. Gone from a top 6 finish last year to finishing in the play-offs, the quality of football has fallen so far as to be maybe the worst anyone can remember, strengths of the few technically competent players available in the squad (Dhanda, Sims, etc) ignored as the ball flies over their heads time and again, and there doesn't seem to have been any development of youth players - either internally or bringing players in - to build towards the future. For me, that all points to a failed season, relegation or not.

However, I'm sure if August comes round and County are still in the premier, Roy will have considered it a success, and that fat, useless sack of shit Malcy will still be in the dugout making supporting County less and less bearable with every day that goes by.

1 hour ago, Forfinn said:

I've written and deleted three replies to this question as I cant quite figure it out in my mind.  I think what's best for the Club is that we stay up, and Malky goes.  That would be deemed a failure of a season but a success as an overall outcome.   

7 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

I've written and deleted three replies to this question as I cant quite figure it out in my mind.  I think what's best for the Club is that we stay up, and Malky goes.  That would be deemed a failure of a season but a success as an overall outcome.   

And we keep Dhanda for another year. :angel

I'm so conflicted on all of it, I'd essentially accepted our relegation after the Hearts debacle. It would be nice to not get relegated, but at the end of the day the most important thing is that racist sack of shit is given his jotters.

1 hour ago, J_Stewart said:

Will hugely depend on who you ask but I'd say it's been a significant failure. Gone from a top 6 finish last year to finishing in the play-offs, the quality of football has fallen so far as to be maybe the worst anyone can remember, strengths of the few technically competent players available in the squad (Dhanda, Sims, etc) ignored as the ball flies over their heads time and again, and there doesn't seem to have been any development of youth players - either internally or bringing players in - to build towards the future. For me, that all points to a failed season, relegation or not.

However, I'm sure if August comes round and County are still in the premier, Roy will have considered it a success, and that fat, useless sack of shit Malcy will still be in the dugout making supporting County less and less bearable with every day that goes by.

Top 6 to playoffs(and relegation) isn’t unheard of. Probably shouldn’t happen, but in such a small league it can’t be unexpected.

1 minute ago, jagsfan57 said:

Top 6 to playoffs(and relegation) isn’t unheard of. Probably shouldn’t happen, but in such a small league it can’t be unexpected.

Motherwell went from 2nd place to playoffs in one season (anniversary of the 2nd leg vs Rangers today in fact) which will be the most extreme one I'd imagine.

I think for any of County, Killie, Saints x 2, Livi and 'Well - avoiding relegation is a successful season at the most basic level. All of these teams have the type of budgets that mean that stability in the top league is a really hard thing achieve (and ironically it becomes less likely after a "good" season, as successful players will be off for more money as soon as they can).

So - if McKay keeps County up, their BoD will see that as job done.

I think it’s simply the case that our league, outside the top 2, is one where there’s incredibly small margins. I might be misremembering but from what I recall the only major difference between the squad that finished 6th for us and the one that lost to Livi was that Liam Lindsay left, and Abdul Osman was replaced by an imposter who didn’t seem to know how to play football. Other than that, it was much of a muchness in terms of the standard of individual players. And yet, it was enough to tip us from being a quite good premiership side into a really poor one.

9 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

I think it’s simply the case that our league, outside the top 2, is one where there’s incredibly small margins. I might be misremembering but from what I recall the only major difference between the squad that finished 6th for us and the one that lost to Livi was that Liam Lindsay left, and Abdul Osman was replaced by an imposter who didn’t seem to know how to play football. Other than that, it was much of a muchness in terms of the standard of individual players. And yet, it was enough to tip us from being a quite good premiership side into a really poor one.

Which brings us to the (footballing) reason why we all want Mackay to get his jotters. 

Last season, we finished 6th due to 2-3 players creating/scoring goals between them. We were still a defensive mess, conceding the 2nd most goals in the league IIRC. The football wasn’t great, but RCC, Spittal and Hungbo (who was often benched!) all had a bit of quality and a spark to create something out of nothing. That got us through.

This season, we’ve conceded roughly the same amount of goals as last season despite reverting to a more defensive shape. It was always going to be tough to replace the players we’d lost, but only two of the players we’ve signed this season have been a success. We create far less chances, and our underlying metrics are the worst in the league. We have no style of play, no creativity and ultimately are a very boring side to watch.

You will see all of these factors come to the fore tomorrow evening…

14 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Don't laugh, but we also lost Azeez, replaced with Storey. While Azeez's finishing was terrible and frustrating as f*ck, he did really put defences on the back foot and held the ball up well when defending a narrow lead. Storey did neither really.

2 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Don't laugh, but we also lost Azeez, replaced with Storey. While Azeez's finishing was terrible and frustrating as f*ck, he did really put defences on the back foot and held the ball up well when defending a narrow lead. Storey did neither really.

Also Spittal came in too, I think? Technically good, but seemed to lack a bit mentality-wise.

Amoo rode the wave, he may have struggled when the chips were down but there's no actual evidence of that.

The regression of Niall Keown was another factor in our slither out of the league.

4 hours ago, Spain said:

I'm so conflicted on all of it, I'd essentially accepted our relegation after the Hearts debacle. It would be nice to not get relegated, but at the end of the day the most important thing is that racist sack of shit is given his jotters.

I tend to think Ferguson needs his jotters too.