Stags Stay Up🔵⚪️🔴 A Kessock Bridge Too Far For Jags 🔴🟡

If we can get the win at Firhill again I think that will be pivotal to us being able to win this tie. As others have said, despite 3 clean sheets in a row I still have reservations about our defence meeting a Premiership side, however if County are notorious for the long ball up to a big target man (Jordan White), I think that would be the preferred attack to defend against from Brownlie and Muirhead’s perspective, both capable of howlers but usually relatively solid when it comes to aerial defending particularly Brownlie in recent weeks. 

I expect Graham will be dominated by County’s back line but such should create the space for the attacking trio of Lawless, Tiffoney and Fitzpatrick.

Seems Bannigan is back training as per today’s pictures but I would keep him on the bench to start with on Thursday go with the 4-4-2 that’s been successful of late.

Edited by JagsCG

Remember the story about our players contracts expiring on 31 May as we didn't know the playoff final was 1st / 4th June? 

Would it be peak Thistle to find out this week that some players didn't actually sign the extensions? 

This all depends on what County decide to turn up. Seen County be really streetwise and efficient this season, which Thistle would struggle to deal with, but also seen County look really poor, which if Thistle get it right, would give them a really good shot.

2 up wouls really freshen the top flight, so would be quite happy to see Thistle come up. 

7 hours ago, JagsCG said:

I expect Graham will be dominated by County’s back line but such should create the space for the attacking trio of Lawless, Tiffoney and Fitzpatrick.

If we go with Watson/Iacovitti/Baldwin there's numerous errors per game waiting for any streetwise striker to punish. Brian Graham is definitely that.

Disappointing lack of "Dro$$ Bounty" type wordplay in the thread title.

Our opposition in the last two ties has been laughably bad, so I don't know that it gives any great indication of how we'll do against the county bumpkins tbh.

f**k it, 7-6 to someone on aggregate with Simon Murray and BBG sharing the goals.

2 hours ago, velo army said:

Disappointing lack of "Dro$$ Bounty" type wordplay in the thread title.

"Loss Downty" is more appropriate IMO.

Come on Partick Thistle. Get County down with Inverness and both Highland clubs can wave at the SMiSA DinkyDome on their way to and from Greenock and Ayr, while not troubling Paisley with their three men and a dug’ act for a while. We can instead, welcome over 1200 Jolly Jags into our away stand, and skip over the River Clyde in jig time to the Costa Del Maryhill. Next season, stay up, get Livingston and their plastic shagpile rug* to fcuk, get Dundee United back…. Happy days.

Yes, I am a completely selfish West of Scotland central belt bawbag, and make no apology, or give zero fcuks for that.

😎

*I’ll cut Killie some slack because their fans are a decent bunch who spurn the ‘delights’ of Ibrox or Celtic Park…. Like us.

Edited by pozbaird

Definitely want Thistle winning this, for all the reasons outlined above.

But also, I feel County will be more likely to extend United's spell in the Championship like they (and we) did in 2019. 

When all else fails, root for the outcome that delivers the most LOLs.

11 hours ago, forkboy said:

It's criminal how poorly Malky has utilised Dhanda considering he's clearly the best player in the squad.

He was immense against Livi recently. Absolutely everything positive County did went through him

My son is going to Glasgow Uni in September, so I cant help but hope for a bit of Maryhill magic in the playoff (and hence an excuse to visit the laddie while taking in away games with Hibs).