St Johnstone vs Livingston - 28/05

16 hours ago, Durnford said:

At the moment I think hes a better choice than George

I don't get the hate for George. Yes he makes mistakes but he's young and it's his first season but when people are saying Jack Hamilton is a better option it's ridiculous. Hamilton was signed in the same way Marley was all those years ago. We needed a backup keeper and had very little money. There were folk losing their collective shit when Shamal was seen smiling in Asda after a game....Jesus Christ. If there's no real improvements next season then there might be an issue but he's played behind a disjointed defence and was rushed back from multiple injuries because the alternative is Jack Hamilton. Keep in mind, he still has 7 clean sheets this season, which for a young keeper, in a new league, in a new team that is realistically going to be bottom half of the table isn't a horrible return

Edited by Cptn Hooch

Up until January then Shamal George was the best keeper in the league. He's fallen off at the same time as the rest of the team, but he's a rough keeper away from home so I'm not too surprised. Calling it now, we'll sell him for 500k+ in Summer 24.

2 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

There were folk losing their collective shit when Shamal was seen smiling in Asda after a game....Jesus Christ.

The Facebook bitches?

2 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

The Facebook bitches?

the very same. I'm often tempted to just remove myself from that group but Callum Carson tends to post stuff in there that's worthy of reading. He's also not long in telling the fuds that they are being ridiculous

Not sure why McLennan & Rudden are on the bench, does give me the fear they might be here next season 😬

Why not fill those spaces with the youngsters and give them some minutes?

Other than that, in Macca we trust!

COYS!

6 hours ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I don't get the hate for George. Yes he makes mistakes but he's young and it's his first season but when people are saying Jack Hamilton is a better option it's ridiculous. Hamilton was signed in the same way Marley was all those years ago. We needed a backup keeper and had very little money. There were folk losing their collective shit when Shamal was seen smiling in Asda after a game....Jesus Christ. If there's no real improvements next season then there might be an issue but he's played behind a disjointed defence and was rushed back from multiple injuries because the alternative is Jack Hamilton. Keep in mind, he still has 7 clean sheets this season, which for a young keeper, in a new league, in a new team that is realistically going to be bottom half of the table isn't a horrible return

Not sure where you got the notion that I hate George.

I am totally baffled though where the hate for Hamilton comes from. He's a competent experienced keeper; behind a competent defense he'll be adequate. 

19 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Not sure where you got the notion that I hate George.

I am totally baffled though where the hate for Hamilton comes from. He's a competent experienced keeper; behind a competent defense he'll be adequate. 

I wasn't saying you "hate" Shamal, I was talking more about the collective hate that he seems to get. As for your comments on Hamilton, I agree to an extent. He's experienced and a fairly decent option at backup. Hopefully Shamal can benefit from working with an experienced keeper....Jack's kicking certainly seems to be better. You never know though....things might just "click" for Jack at Livi and he might prove to be a fantastic bit of business like Sean Kelly or Jon Guthrie who weren't rated at all by their previous clubs

Edited by Cptn Hooch

7 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I wasn't saying you "hate" Shamal, I was talking more about the collective hate that he seems to get. As for your comments on Hamilton, I agree to an extent. He's experienced and a fairly decent option at backup. Hopefully Shamal can benefit from working with an experienced keeper....Jack's kicking certainly seems to be better. You never know though....things might just "click" for Jack at Livi and he might prove to be a fantastic bit of business like Sean Kelly or Jon Guthrie who weren't rated at all by their previous clubs

but then there's that goal there where Jack does a bit of the hokey cokey rather than just commit to coming for the ball