St Mirren v The Rangers 2012 27/05/23 1230ko

16 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Would have had young Fraser Taylor in the starting 11, but happy with that line up for what is a glorified friendly.

Hopefully he gets a good run out. Aberdeen might've taken their foot off the gas a bit the other night, but Taylor didn't look out of place at all. He looks a really exciting prospect. 

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

St Mirren fans rightly booing McCrorie after he had the audacity to get clattered by Main 😂

Nah, we're booing his Barnet. I've give it about 2 seasons before he's got a smashing Steve McClaren hair island. He's doing his best to hide it with a Gareth Keenan style trim, but we can all see it.

Just now, elvis said:

Are you fucking stupid he has to go for that the booking is a joke.

I never said he shouldn’t go for it though. Im wondering why St Mirren fans are booing McCrorie after the incident.

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

Nah, we're booing his Barnet. I've give it about 2 seasons before he's got a smashing Steve McClaren hair island. He's doing his best to hide it with a Gareth Keenan style trim, but we can all see it.

Banter

Guy next to me is giving Hagi abuse for being a "gypo c**t". 

I've not had the heart to point out to him that being part of the Roma community and being Romanian are two different things.

Edited by Hendo

Just now, AJF said:

I never said he shouldn’t go for it though. Im wondering why St Mirren fans are booing McCrorie after the incident.

They’re booing him for running up to the referee to try to get him a second yellow after Main himself  was fouled.  

May be a meaningless end of season fixture but that doesn’t change the fact that Rangers are a bunch of classless cheats, and the officials still do what they can to help them out.  

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

Guy next to me is giving Hagi abuse for being a "gypo c**t". 

I've not had the heart to point out to him that being part of the Roma community and being Romanian are two different things.

Either way he shouldn’t be pulling that crap!

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

They’re booing him for running up to the referee to try to get him a second yellow after Main himself  was fouled.  

May be a meaningless end of season fixture but that doesn’t change the fact that Rangers are a bunch of classless cheats, and the officials still do what they can to help them out.  

Main was fouled 😂 he backed into Souttar making no attempt for the ball. If you can’t see that you’re blinkered 

9 minutes ago, AJF said:

It's what they do.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

Main was fouled 😂 he backed into Souttar making no attempt for the ball. If you can’t see that you’re blinkered 

With your better eyesight was McRorie right to run 30 yards to demand he was sent off for it?

Edited by Bobby_F

I can see why the referee booked Main, although I don't think it was warranted. Why does it take him so long make the decision though? Looks like he didn't have a clue.

Same with the Main one a few minutes later. I thought the foul was the other way, maybe Main backed in - I'll need to see it again, but the ref played on. Then stopped and pulled it back.

Fraser's booking was another. It wasn't a bad one and it's his first foul.

Then the Cantwell incident. It's a blatant foul and the ref has ignored it.

A meaningless, fairly even game has threatened to boil over because the referee has has a nightmare.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

So just for clarity, if an opponent is climbing over you, you have to stand still and let him crack on? Main literally moved backwards and turned round. 

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

So just for clarity, if an opponent is climbing over you, you have to stand still and let him crack on? Main literally moved backwards and turned round. 

Against a Rangers player though.  

1 minute ago, houston_bud said:

I can see why the referee booked Main, although I don't think it was warranted. Why does it take him so long make the decision though? Looks like he didn't have a clue.

Same with the Main one a few minutes later. I thought the foul was the other way, maybe Main backed in - I'll need to see it again, but the ref played on. Then stopped and pulled it back.

Fraser's booking was another. It wasn't a bad one and it's his first foul.

Then the Cantwell incident. It's a blatant foul and the ref has ignored it.

A meaningless, fairly even game has threatened to boil over because the referee has has a nightmare.

He seemed to be speaking with VAR.