Motherwell V Dundee Utd

I wonder what Utd's squad is going to look like next year.

It either all falls apart and almost all the players leave or they double down and sell everyone that they will skoosh the Championship and everyone will have a great time hammering teams every week.

There is no way Goodwin has the job for next season right? So is Robbie Neilson welcome back at Tannadice?

11 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

It either all falls apart and almost all the players leave or they double down and sell everyone that they will skoosh the Championship and everyone will have a great time hammering teams every week.

There is no way Goodwin has the job for next season right? So is Robbie Neilson welcome back at Tannadice?

If rumours are correct seems it will be mostly up to the players as there is no massive Relegation clauses to curb the wage spend.  Doubt many are gonna find clubs willing to pay what they're on now.  

16 minutes ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

I remain unconvinced about Goodwin but suspect that a fresh start is required either way, whatever the mitigating circumstances. Neilson can fuck right off. 

3 hours ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

It's a tall order but is it completely out of the question that United score 4 or 5 and make it interesting? If you'd signed somebody like Tony Watt- who was the league's top scorer at the time- paying a fee to a league rival when he was free to leave in the summer, on top of his 5k a week wages, you'd expect them to be able to drag you through a game like this singlehandedly.

We could score 4 or 5, but the 12 we’d likely concede in the process would probably hamper us.

They'd all be fucking hilarious defending/goalkeeping though, so it would still be interesting in one way…

I presume Utd to have to at least try to get a couple of early goals and go all out attack for the entire 90 minutes - keeping it tight for a typical Premiership away win isn't really an option - so I also assume we'll be set up for hitting them on the break all day. It could actually be a ridiculously open game, which would be a nice thing to end the season with. 

Butcher, Casey and Lamie crocked means that we'll be seeing Bevis, McGinn and Blaney again I guess - so anything could happen.

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Lol.

You think THAT squad hammers teams every week in the Championship?

You’re as deluded as that fuckwit Goodwin 

34 minutes ago, Pull My Strings said:

Will United go for it? Hardly seems worthwhile. I reckon we'll see a load of kids getting some minutes and all the guys who Goodwin has given up on allowed to fuck off early. Might struggle to fill the bench.

That's what I was wondering tbh. 

I get that United had just effectively been relegated but I thought that Goodwin's vibes seemed well off. He seemed pretty much flat out resigned to the fact that they're down.

I get what is being said but I'd be fucking raging if I thought Motherwell didn't try while it was technically still possible to survive. 

What is it 8 or 9 goals? as unlikely as it is...

But still.

If Dundee Utd were to beat us 4-0 and Kilmarnock beat Ross County 4-0, Utd would finish 11th on goals scored.

Wasn't there a 7 goal swing in England for a playoff place a couple of seasons ago? My memory is telling me it was maybe Nottingham Forest who lost their spot as a result.

1 hour ago, Swello said:

Butcher, Casey and Lamie crocked means that we'll be seeing Bevis, McGinn and Blaney again I guess - so anything could happen.

If this is the case they should just blast the Benny Hill theme tune over the tannoy for the full game. Will suit both defences. 

1 hour ago, Pull My Strings said:

Will United go for it? Hardly seems worthwhile. I reckon we'll see a load of kids getting some minutes and all the guys who Goodwin has given up on allowed to fuck off early. Might struggle to fill the bench.

United have absolutely nothing to lose, why wouldn't they go for it?

Did United make any sort of effort to claw the Killie game back to 3-1 or 3-2? Even a 6 goal swing would be a bit less of an uphill task. The fact they seem to have chucked it on the night suggests they'll do the same on Sunday.

Edited by YassinMoutaouakil

7 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

Did United make any sort of effort to claw the Killie game back to 3-1 or 3-2? Even a 6 goal swing would be a bit less of an uphill task. The fact they seem to have chucked it on the night suggests they'll do the same on Sunday.

Once the youngsters were on, it was Roy McLeod, Miller Thomson, Kai Fotheringham, plus Middleton 4 "attack" minded players we hit the post. Although I suspect we could have played all night and not scored.

The problem with us is no-one will take a shot, they'd rether abdicate responsibility and pass to someone else continually. No idea why the team is so scared to shoot unless 3 yards from goal!

26 minutes ago, YassinMoutaouakil said:

No, they didn't chuck it.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

United have absolutely nothing to lose, why wouldn't they go for it?

This is surely the sane man's thinking. 

I mean sure they might chuck it if they go 2-0 down. Or Ross County are 5nil up. 

I think we're in for a decent game. 2 KVV goals and a heeds gone moment.