Killie vs County, 28/05/23

50 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Anyway, I’m sure the SPFL and central belt media will love County going down.  So the only thing I have left to root for is a slight sense of get-it-up-youse-ism. 

There might just be one or two others 

8 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:

Would take Dhanda at Killie

That was far more comfortable than any of us expected 

He’s got a year left but if he leaves I imagine he’ll be going higher, no disrespect to killie but he really is quality

As for the result well done you simply deserved it far more than us 

6 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

Mackay saying post-match "I thought we did okay over the piece", which doesn't seem to tally with the experience of those who watched the game.

I read that too and thought what planet is he on. We had one shot on target! 

3 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

What is it with Danda.?

He walked off the pitch sharpish while the rest of his team mates were saluting their fans.

Looked like a strop.

I'd have gone off in a strip after how utterly he's been wasted in a team that seems incapable of playing anything but Route 1 hoofball.

3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

I heard today that at the POTY dance he introduced Fraser Murray as “Celtics player of the season” and to be honest if that’s true then I’m slightly annoyed by that.

Yeah that would be bang out of order, but also wouldn't surprise me at all. Has started to go quite Brexit da recently.

Ross county, hard lines. But your fans made more noise than most. St Johnsone fans I am thinking about., maybe Livi but that’s understandable.

Good luck getting back up…..

Edited by NFL12

Dhanda was first over to the fans after the game and applauded us. 
Fair enough if he didnt hang around, he must be hating it just now. With the ball continually hoofed over his head, he was barely in the game.
Also played with an injury so was likely in bits (subbed off injured midweek, was still hobbling on Saturday, very surprised he played the 90mins Sunday)

Regarding the game: impotent hoofball to outnumbered strikers; no attacking width till Edwards thrown on at end but wasnt enough; killie outnumbering us 2-1 on both flanks when they attacked and Armstrong having a field day (again); our best player (Dhanda) not accommodated at all; did nothing to fix any of it.
Think everyone there, including the Kilmarnock fans we spoke to in the pub and on the train, and the match reports we've read, all agree on that.
Yet Malky comes out with that shite after the game.

All Malky's baggage, his high wages, the bloated imbalanced squad, and the dreadful dreadul football.
Tough ask going to games like.

Edited by dingdong1929

1 hour ago, dingdong1929 said:

Yet Malky comes out with that shite after the game.

I listened to the Sportsound podcast last night and the pundits were pretty sure all his post-match comments were intended to try and protect the confidence of the players ahead of Thursday. They agreed the performance was abject. Will it work? Well, he's been talking nonsense all season and we've ended up 11th, so probably not.

4 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

I listened to the Sportsound podcast last night and the pundits were pretty sure all his post-match comments were intended to try and protect the confidence of the players ahead of Thursday. They agreed the performance was abject. Will it work? Well, he's been talking nonsense all season and we've ended up 11th, so probably not.

I hope thats what it is. The alternatives are he's actually deluded, or he's covering his arse to make his team/him sound unfortunate.

Even if it is, its maddening to watch him fail to address those issues all game, and to then hear no recognition of the issues post-match.
Might protect the confidence of the players, but does nothing for the fans confidence in the team (fair enough the former is more important than the latter).

2 hours ago, dingdong1929 said:

killie outnumbering us 2-1 on both flanks when they attacked and Armstrong having a field day (again); 

Yes, I thought this odd. I noticed fairly early on that every time Mayo got the ball in our half, he had acres of space to drive it in to. Armstrong was enjoying so much freedom over there. Always think it weird when I notice something as a fan in the stand and the manager doesn't do anything about it - how could Mackay not notice?

25 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Yes, I thought this odd. I noticed fairly early on that every time Mayo got the ball in our half, he had acres of space to drive it in to. Armstrong was enjoying so much freedom over there. Always think it weird when I notice something as a fan in the stand and the manager doesn't do anything about it - how could Mackay not notice?

My only guess is that he persevered thinking County's centre would mop up whatever Killie's flanks did, and maybe allow County to counter given Killie's fullbacks were so far forward.

But our centre conceded 3 goals.
And the counter just involved punting it at two outnumbered and overworked strikers, who'd lose it, so we had 1 shot on target all game (a penalty)

So aye, totally agreed, how could he not notice it wasnt working??