Killie vs County, 28/05/23

A 3pm KO on a Sunday, is a bit brutal for County fans going to Killie.

It's the only game with much riding on it this weekend but the only result that'll keep County safe is a victory. A defeat (depending on what DU do) could even see County relegated.

I'll be driving down for my first visit to Rugby Park so any advice on where to park near the ground would be appreciated too👍

1 hour ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

It's the only game with much riding on it this weekend but the only result that'll keep County safe is a victory. A defeat (depending on what DU do) could even see County relegated.

I'll be driving down for my first visit to Rugby Park so any advice on where to park near the ground would be appreciated too👍

Tescos, 5 minute walk to the ground from there.

Where is good for a pint and away fan friendly near the ground? Definitely going to need something to calm the nerves! Our biggest game in a while! Can’t say I fancy us on the plastic pitch but anything can happen on the day, just hoping mackay finally leaves this 5 at the back nonsense as we looked a man short last night up the field. 

1 hour ago, Pete the Jakey said:

How do Killie fans feel about the prospect of a play off? I think either  County or Killie have enough quality to see it through over two legs, but the fact Partick have scored 13 in 4 games is a worry. 

Having experienced the farce of the Dundee play off two years ago, I'd be terrified. 

Both sides capable of turfing the other over, or absolutely capitulating with a whimper.

Smart money must be on Daniel Armstrong scoring a screamer.

Head says 1-1 and we go into the playoffs. Heart says 2-1, a late Jordan White goal saving us, while Killie beat Thistle in the play off final.

Whatever the outcome, I hope Malky finally gets his long overdue P45.

Edited by Comrie

45 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

Lots of cards and niggling injuries would be appreciated.

It can't be often that the championship side is favourite to win the play-off but Thistle must be.   

12 hours ago, Sensible Soccer🏴 said:

Probably doesn't matter what the KO time is as the two clubs are so far apart geographically.  I'd have though 3pm Sunday is as good a time as any and far better than 8pm on a Wednesday, for example.  

30 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Is it? Not sure how it's any worse than either set of fans normally having to make the journey.

You're ignoring our Presbyterian upbringing which states we cannot leave the Highlands on the Sabbath. 

3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Probably doesn't matter what the KO time is as the two clubs are so far apart geographically.  I'd have though 3pm Sunday is as good a time as any and far better than 8pm on a Wednesday, for example.  

It really isn't.

I don't live in the Highlands but a quick search online shows you can get a train that gets into Kilmarnock from Inverness on Sunday 10 mins before kick off, but there is no train that gets back into Inverness until Monday morning. 

Sunday games are shite.

1 hour ago, central staggie said:

It really isn't.

I don't live in the Highlands but a quick search online shows you can get a train that gets into Kilmarnock from Inverness on Sunday 10 mins before kick off, but there is no train that gets back into Inverness until Monday morning. 

Sunday games are shite.

To be fair, it's the same situation on Saturday. But at least traveling back on Sunday isn't a work day for most people. 

And Monday's a Bank Holiday, by coincidence this year...

Why are they on Sunday anyway when none of them are televised?