Hearts v Hibs - The Battle for 4th

6 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

There was 100% stuff thrown from the Hibs end at the goal and at another point in the first half, think Ginnelly was taken a corner.

Happens every Derby. I'm not really bothered about the comparison stuff as its daft, would like to see that shite stop though.

No idea what the boy was doing with Cabraja. Stupid as f**k, and though I only seen it at the game, if he's hit him he should be banned and could even be looking at worse. Absolutely brainless.

Aye, f**k banned. If he's hit Cabraja - and it looked he did from where I was sitting, admittedly across the pitch in the main stand - then get the police involved. 

8 hours ago, Les Cabbage said:

However 5th place means we’ll go into Europe seeded a round before Hearts do assuming Celtic win the cup, this likely means we’ll get 1 more European tie than they do which is superb.

This fact is one of several reasons that I will be hoping and praying for a Caley cup win.

2 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

Aye, f**k banned. If he's hit Cabraja - and it looked he did from where I was sitting, admittedly across the pitch in the main stand - then get the police involved. 

Yes. I'm absolutely fine with the wee scrote getting banned from Tynecastle and answering to police charges.

I would say similar about Wee Lee attacking Naismith but if Lee were to go, it might actually benefit our city rivals.

2 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Hearts fans are dicks

Hallelujah, something we can agree on.

I just watched the highlights, and there is a coin bouncing toward Oda.

Disgusting behaviour - I mean, how is the laddie going to spend that when everywhere demands contactless these days?

We are only the 2nd team to finish a game against Hibs with less than 11 men yet still take a point after a 9 man Rangers escaped with a draw

Coming into that match they'd taken  took 28  points from the 10 fixtures  against depleted sides this season. 28 from a possible 30 is championship winning form 

Quite why Hibs are so good at forcing that advantage home is unclear but they are ruthless at it

Hearts on the other hand have only had the opportunity three times and only took 4 points. Hearts were statistically slightly worse against 10 men than against 11. I'm not quite sure why that is either

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Disgusting behaviour - I mean, how is the laddie going to spend that when everywhere demands contactless these days?

This was what your morally superior club said after Cochrane was hit by a coin and a bottle launched at Shankland. I guess Wee Lee getting passionate with Naismith was just deflection from the fact that you couldn't beat us with a man advantage and thus didn't beat us to 4th, such is the glory to which we aspired...

Sky spoke to Hibs chief executive Ben Kensell after the game, who addressed both situations.

He said: "We can't condone it but sometimes the passions of what happens dictates that.

1 minute ago, Crùbag said:

This was what your morally superior club said after Cochrane was hit by a coin and a bottle launched at Shankland. I guess Wee Lee getting passionate with Naismith was just deflection from the fact that you couldn't beat us with a man advantage and thus didn't beat us to 4th, such is the glory to which we aspired...

You need to learn to relax mate, it's only a game..........

9 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

We are only the 2nd team to finish a game against Hibs with less than 11 men yet still take a point after a 9 man Rangers escaped with a draw

Coming into that match they'd taken  took 28  points from the 10 fixtures  against depleted sides this season. 28 from a possible 30 is championship winning form 

Quite why Hibs are so good at forcing that advantage home is unclear but they are ruthless at it

Hearts on the other hand have only had the opportunity three times and only took 4 points. Hearts were statistically slightly worse against 10 men than against 11. I'm not quite sure why that is either

Helicopter changing direction as we speak

17 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

So I did see things getting thrown? Glad I'm not losing my marbles.

12 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Sky spoke to Hibs chief executive Ben Kensell after the game, who addressed both situations.

He said: "We can't condone it but sometimes the passions of what happens dictates that.

Odd wording that (if it was accurately reported, which is always a bit of a bagatelle with Sky).

Not 'we don't condone' it, but 'we can't' - which has an actually quite funny feel of Kensell really wanting to condone it, but not being allowed to.

On 28/05/2023 at 07:48, Tony Wonder said:

10 men for 80 minutes of play at 1-1 and we are getting stick for enjoying getting the result we needed. And Hearts fans are the ones labelled joyless.

We'd have won that at an absolute canter with 11 points lead over Aberdeen.

Oh, are you talking about something else...