Hearts v Hibs - The Battle for 4th

8 minutes ago, The Other Foot said:

I’m honestly baffled as to Hearts fans’ hatred for Neilson and warmth towards Naismith. The latter is a ned, and will - over the course of a season - be found out. We all know this.

Neilson, for all the stick he receives from Hibs fans, was a legitimately good manager who had a bad spell and was hounded out (on more than one occasion). He also seemed to be a reasonable chap. I’d have a pint with him. Would I have a pint with Naismith? No, because a pint of Blue WKD would be vile.

Hearts fans split on SN's potential appointment though maybe a slight majority for. I'm in two minds. Neilson was a good servant of the club and did some good things - the stats back that up - however the past season or two has seen some eyebleeding negative football, despite results going our way mostly.

As to yesterday, I see Wee Lee got a red card. Perhaps more action to follow after his daft wee punch at Naismith's back.

Some fans of both clubs acted like dafties. Ours with that ball incident. Just throw it back FFS... and the numbskulls throwing flares on their own pitch. Hibs too - saw coins being thrown at Oda after his goal.

15 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

He's gone from putting the cones out to having managed eight games in his career (winning 2), and now he's the answer? What happens when you go through a rough patch? How will he deal with difficult players?

Car crash IMO.

image.png.cd3acccc56de08d9322a46fc857e373f.png

He inherited an absolute shambles, correctly identified Snodgrass was the heart of it and acted immediately despite them being good mates.  

Will he be good, maybe, maybe no.  But unlike Robbie when we've been pish he's said we've been pish, correctly identified the reasons why and made changes to rectify it.

To me he's no more a risk than Barry Robson at Aberdeen

20 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Watching the game highlights now and the only thing suggesting Mckirdy is a 'professional' footballer is that he looks like an absolute weapon. Even at the end of the season he still looks off the pace and technically pretty bad.

I listened to the first half on sportsound. 

Nearly drove off the road when John Hughes said this was the perfect game for mckirdie and that he’s ‘technically very, very good’. 

Absolutely mental stuff :lol:

1 hour ago, Crùbag said:

saw coins being thrown at Oda after his goal.

Hmmmm, I assume you have footage for us?

I was at the match and didnt see that - they would have had to be (a) fucking fast, and (b) pretty fucking accurate with those coin throws, as Oda ran straight for the remedial section after he scored from the edge of the box.

On the other hand, the evidence on the Cabraja one is pretty straightforward..............I am a bit surprised that Hearts have not come out with a statement yet.

But, I suppose when you have Hearts reserve keeper throwing a hot water bottle (wtf??) at our staff, its unlikley that those in charge of Hearts actually give a f**k about the neanderthals who pay to get in the stadium actually attacking our players. 

13 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I was at the match and didnt see that - they would have had to be (a) fucking fast, and (b) pretty fucking accurate with those coin throws, as Oda ran straight for the remedial section after he scored from the edge of the box.

On the other hand, the evidence on the Cabraja one is pretty straightforward..............I am a bit surprised that Hearts have not come out with a statement yet.

But, I suppose when you have Hearts reserve keeper throwing a hot water bottle (wtf??) at our staff, its unlikley that those in charge of Hearts actually give a f**k about the neanderthals who pay to get in the stadium actually attacking our players. 

There was 100% stuff thrown from the Hibs end at the goal and at another point in the first half, think Ginnelly was taken a corner.

Happens every Derby. I'm not really bothered about the comparison stuff as its daft, would like to see that shite stop though.

No idea what the boy was doing with Cabraja. Stupid as f**k, and though I only seen it at the game, if he's hit him he should be banned and could even be looking at worse. Absolutely brainless.

2 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

There was 100% stuff thrown from the Hibs end at the goal and at another point in the first half, think Ginnelly was taken a corner.

Happens every Derby. I'm not really bothered about the comparison stuff as its daft, would like to see that shite stop though.

No idea what the boy was doing with Cabraja. Stupid as f**k, and though I only seen it at the game, if he's hit him he should be banned and could even be looking at worse. Absolutely brainless.

It's pure Hibs for them to issue a "statement" over some handbags wrestling for the ball. Dear Mr Gustas vibes, utter cringe attempt at deflection.

As always, from the league's snidest club. 😅

IMG_8283.thumb.jpeg.0a7cccaa2b68859ff94993f2298c6d33.jpeg

The absolute state of the Jambo pair. Desperate measures to sneak a point against the wee team. Lifetime ban incoming for the rat that hits him though which is nice, wee visit from the police too if he’s lucky.

Edited by Zing.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

This is Old Firm as f**k.

100% things thrown by Hibs fans at the goal. The fact I didn't whip my phone out to video it does not mean it didn't happen. I can't think of a derby in recent years when Hibs fans didn't throw things on the pitch at Tynecastle, to be honest. It happens all the time.

Hearts should, and I'm pretty sure will, be banning the lads who are obviously wronguns, but this 'WELL YOU'LL HAVE A VIDEO OF THAT THEN' stuff is pure Old Firm Twitter and needs punted.

6 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

100% things thrown by Hibs fans at the goal. The fact I didn't whip my phone out to video it does not mean it didn't happen. I can't think of a derby in recent years when Hibs fans didn't throw things on the pitch at Tynecastle, to be honest. It happens all the time.

I'm not even taking the piss here, it's fine when Hibs do it and it's not okay when Hearts do it.

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

There was 100% stuff thrown from the Hibs end at the goal

46 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

100% things thrown by Hibs fans at the goal. The fact I didn't whip my phone out to video it does not mean it didn't happen.

So you both stopped celebrating the goal in time to spot Hibs fans throwing things at him?

giphy.gif

So you both stopped celebrating the goal in time to spot Hibs fans throwing things at him?

giphy.gif

I make it my business to get it right up the away fans when Hearts score, thank you.

You have a very weird state of denial over this. It happens all the time and happened again yesterday.

giphy.gif

It was about 45 seconds after the goal, and I sit in N upper. It was right in my eye line as I was watching Oda walking back from the celebrations. 

How do you celebrate a goal? Keep your eyes shut for a minute?

Also, I'm not really fussed if you believe me, I know what I saw. And I'm hardly up in arms about it, needs cut out but happens every game.

6 hours ago, Leith Green said:

It was clear on the coverage yesterday. You can see it on Sportscene highlights. Maybe you also missed your manager trying to punch another professional in the back? So what if Naismith said something to him, how old is he FFS?

Hibs fans also have form on this front - throwing objects and attacking other teams' players., not that you're alone there though. But why not just condemn it?

Some Hearts fans are dicks too and I wish they'd just eff off - they only bring us grief like having to pay to patch holes in the Hamilton pitch and Tynecastle because of some wee neds with pyros not to mention the morons with their outdated songs and irrelevant flags.