Hearts v Hibs - The Battle for 4th

19 minutes ago, 10menwent2mow said:

What, hearts didn't finish 3rd. I thought after they cleared the Europa group stages and the injuries they were nailed on. 

You thought wrong.

Both teams coasting into Europe* should lead to a thoroughly dramatic 0-0 draw.

* ICT win aside.

15 minutes ago, Darren said:

You thought wrong.

Both teams coasting into Europe* should lead to a thoroughly dramatic 0-0 draw.

* ICT win aside.

But hearts fans assured us all that being miles behind a shite Aberdeen early in the season was because of the Europa conference league, then once they were miles ahead, it was because they were out of said conference league and they had all their players back fit. Then they sacked neilson and it would all be well. 

5 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

An Edinburgh Derby with actual stakes? Sorry Hibs fans... 😬

Hope you prove me wrong!

An Edinburgh derby where the ‘actual stakes’ are finishing above one another, while Aberdeen take the actual prize. 

Natural order and all that….

After seeing Hibs dominate (deserved to win) at Pittodrie a few weeks ago and their latest performance against Celtic, I'm going with a Hibs win. The momentum is definitely on their side. Youan will be a nightmare for Atkinson.

To think you'll have Boyle back next season alongside Youan and potentially Nisbett. Hibs are putting together a really good side.

5 hours ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

An Edinburgh Derby with actual stakes? Sorry Hibs fans... 😬

Hope you prove me wrong!

Don't apologise, we agree!

If you had told me going before the split that we would be going into last game at Tynecastle with 4th to play for I would have been happy to be honest! 

It'll be a good watch for the neutrals on Sky...

25 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

After seeing Hibs dominate (deserved to win) at Pittodrie a few weeks ago and their latest performance against Celtic, I'm going with a Hibs win. The momentum is definitely on their side. Youan will be a nightmare for Atkinson.

To think you'll have Boyle back next season alongside Youan and potentially Nisbett. Hibs are putting together a really good side.

Would be nice, but just to temper this for Saturday - Egan Reilly went off with a hamstring injury, Newell hobbled off barely walking, and Nisbet was limping at the end.

I think the latter two might make it, but we are probably down to the bones (we had to bring on Bushiri at the end for Egan Reilly, and hes nowhere near match ready after his injury) and this might just be a match too far.

1 minute ago, Leith Green said:

Would be nice, but just to temper this for Saturday - Egan Reilly went off with a hamstring injury, Newell hobbled off barely walking, and Nisbet was limping at the end.

I think the latter two might make it, but we are probably down to the bones (we had to bring on Bushiri at the end for Egan Reilly, and hes nowhere near match ready after his injury) and this might just be a match too far.

Egan Riley will be a huge miss, was brilliant last time against Hearts. Gutted for him could see how much he was hurting.

1 minute ago, GreenGray said:

Egan Riley will be a huge miss, was brilliant last time against Hearts. Gutted for him could see how much he was hurting.

Yep, hes got no chance of making it*, a bit more hopeful of the other two.

*Not in a "zander clarke is out for the season" way, but really injured and will actually be out.

If Naismith wants the job we need to win, which means we'll go for it. We'll create chances at home, probably a lot but need to be a bit more clinical.

On the flip side, the way we play will give Hibs chances. Think it'll be a good open game 

This is an absolute free hit, win and it’s utterly hilarious considering how good Hearts have been telling us all that they are, draw or lose and we probably get europe anyway.

Pressure is all on Hearts as like is said above there is no chance in hell he gets the job if he loses against us twice.