Glasses

Not enough Ralston on here in recent years. MozzaMozza would be turning in his grave.

Would be a wee shame if this thread turned into Lovely Ladies of SpecSavers, and I for one refuse to have any part of it.

Spoiler

22f0d21d63e0c92d4dee9663d6aaf896cb4e5e1f

Dorothy Parker’s line ‘Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses” should be outlawed. It’s been the cause of generations of women believing they look better without specs than with them. Pah!

When I get elected God, women will be required to wear glasses whether they need them or not. 

11 hours ago, alta-pete said:

But it’d be worth it, I reckon. 

You'd know in advance that your life would be in ruins, everything lost, house, car, family...but still...

53 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Anyone have photochromic lenses? Just so we can mark you down as a nonce for future reference. 

I have for my holidays. So the wife doesn't know I'm ogling women. It's absolutely foolproof. No-one can tell.

18 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

I wore glasses from the age of 5 up until 29. Got laser eye surgery at the start of last year though. 

By coincidence I got laser surgery when I was 30.  

3 hours ago, Oystercatcher said:

Started wearing reading glasses about 6 years ago, always thought I had excellent vision until I went for an eye test,  got my first pair and didn't need to have my book at arms length to read it.

Your eyesight changes so slowly that it can be hard to notice. I got my first pair of reading glasses when I was 7, but I never bothered my arse with them as I could still read just fine without. Completely forgot about them until I was 13 or so and was prescribed another pair but, again, didn't bother with them because I could read just fine. Didn't think about it again until I was 19 and was prescribed another pair, and it was like night and day - I'd no idea that my eyesight had degenerated so much, and that I'd been struggling to read text. I'd get headaches after looking at screens for long periods too, and they disappeared when I started wearing the glasses.

2 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

He was a right pervert that one. 

There's been worse. Tedi, for example.

23 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

I once tried contact lenses but I'm well squeamish about my eyes. Spent over an hour in Specsavers trying to put them in myself, dropping them on the floor and everything. The young fella helping me was trying to be nice but I was a shaking mess before I had to give up. Sure I must be talked about in Specsavers Byres Road to this day.

Now worn glasses every day for the best part of 4 decades, just a part of life.

Twice tried contacts, first time after about an hour and two opticians having a go I managed to get one lens in and that was it, gave up.

Tried again a few years later  and when it got to the point that two people were holding me down, a third was holding my eyelids open as the optician tried to place a lens in my eye I felt I had given it a decent shot and gave up. Apparently I have an unbelievable blink reaction. That 2nd attempt was about 25 years ago, and have never considered them again.

8 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Now worn glasses every day for the best part of 4 decades, just a part of life.

Twice tried contacts, first time after about an hour and two opticians having a go I managed to get one lens in and that was it, gave up.

Tried again a few years later  and when it got to the point that two people were holding me down, a third was holding my eyelids open as the optician tried to place a lens in my eye I felt I had given it a decent shot and gave up. Apparently I have an unbelievable blink reaction. That 2nd attempt was about 25 years ago, and have never considered them again.

Hahaha. I'm sure that would have been me if I hadn't given up after an hour. It was so frustrating but reckon it was my blink reaction too. The boy gave me the trial set home to keep trying and Mrs JB was, shall we say, not quite as patient as the lad in the shop or more precisely she wanted to knock me out. "JUST KEEP YOUR EYE OPEN!!!!"

Did manage to get one in and it was great. Hate wearing specs and so wish I could have done it.

I've worn glasses constantly since about fifth year in school. It used to bother me but I'm used to it now and now you get glasses which don't make you look like a Schofield. I have astigmatism* so my eyes are shaped like Hey Arnold's head, which I believe makes my vision worse, but my lenses get thinned down.

I've tried contact lenses before and I wore them to fives once but couldn't get them out afterwards. I stayed up all night before going to the opticians in the morning for them to take them out. What a time.

2023-05-25.png.785fa6fe881178b19549f17c535234ce.png

On 24/05/2023 at 21:33, BTFD said:

Not enough Ralston on here in recent years. MozzaMozza would be turning in his grave.

Would be a wee shame if this thread turned into Lovely Ladies of SpecSavers, and I for one refuse to have any part of it.

Hide contents

22f0d21d63e0c92d4dee9663d6aaf896cb4e5e1f

Unpopular Opinions for the following pish, but I'd rather shag one of those apples than that horsey faced mare.

Even if she is sporting a lovely pair of Gregories.