Glasses

Literally everyone on the internet wears glasses, especially those who lie about it.

I've arrived at the bifocal stage of life. Things they don't tell you about getting old - the librarian looking down her nose at you doesn't think you're beneath her; she just has bifocals and needs to tip her head at an angle to keep you in focus.

Also, bending down to look at someone else's computer screen sometimes involves breaking your neck if you want to read it.

43 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Literally everyone on the internet wears glasses, especially those who lie about it.

I've arrived at the bifocal stage of life. Things they don't tell you about getting old - the librarian looking down her nose at you doesn't think you're beneath her; she just has bifocals and needs to tip her head at an angle to keep you in focus.

Also, bending down to look at someone else's computer screen sometimes involves breaking your neck if you want to read it.

Have also just enetered the bi-focal (sorry, vari-focal) stage of my life. Hate the damn things. Seriously considering going back to ask for the distance vision prescription and keeping pairs of Poundland +1.0 readers stashed in various strategic locations.

I once tried contact lenses but I'm well squeamish about my eyes. Spent over an hour in Specsavers trying to put them in myself, dropping them on the floor and everything. The young fella helping me was trying to be nice but I was a shaking mess before I had to give up. Sure I must be talked about in Specsavers Byres Road to this day.