Just now, Cptn Hooch said:

The only reason the foul has the chance to take place is because the lino doesn't flag for an obvious offside

But that's the rule now isnt itm. They don't flag until after the attack has been completed.

4 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

For close offsides....that wasn't close

I didn't see it from my view but the fact that it took so long i can only assume they had some though against the offside? 

Who's the VAR team tonight anyway?

2 minutes ago, Phillips455 said:

I didn't see it from my view but the fact that it took so long i can only assume they had some though against the offside? 

Who's the VAR team tonight anyway?

James McFadden and Keith Lasley

The only thing that I can think of is that VAR thought it was a red but spent a long time checking for the offside. 

Only when the confirmed the "onside" is when they asked the ref to come to the monitor. And you know what happens when they do that.

A shame really because a yellow would suffice. Then again  this is the second game in a row that VAR has decided to step up for us.

16 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Didn't realise VAR could overturn offsides?

If it's a missed red card as a result of one then they can, just like they can for a goal if it's wrongly flagged offside after it goes in (see Shankland earlier tonight).

8 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Aye so the offside is the first infraction so it should be a livi ball regardless of the red card? 

If Motherwell got a free-kick that suggests they found that he was actually onside.

Also, speaking about the flares, seems someone from the Motherwell team has went over to take pictures of the damage.

Cam only assume that this will result in repayments for the damage caus3d behind closed doors (like situations like this are usually resolved).

20230524_204221.thumb.jpg.6a863fad9b279fbec3120ecaec94c130.jpg

VAR working exactly as it should, if you're not sure - give Motherwell the benefit of the doubt. 

Nah, it's actually a shitshow and utterly ruins the flow of games with the length of time the incompetent fkrs take to make a decision. Ref's never have the courage of their own convictions to stick with their original decision when they're called to the monitor and you know whats coming as soon as they mime their wee square and trot over, absolute shitebags every one of them. Idiotic challenge, but I doubt many would have argued too much with the yellow.

Edited by 'WellDel