Petty/crap thievery

I used to have a great aunt who made jam. We nicked sugar sachets from cafes, McDonalds and the like to pass to her.

One night after a few beers a few mates and I picked up a Mini and carried it over to the next street, leaving it outside someone else's house. Surprisingly light.

Haven't bought a roll of sellotape in about 2 decades, do offices not notice the only time the stationery cupboard uses sellotape is December.

Have a collection of pub glasses from far a wide, the furthest away being Vilnuis, and they not technically nicked, the hotel bar was 3 euros a pint, or 4 euros if taking the pint to your room. When leaving it was take two glasses to the bar to get 2 euros or, well in the bag and look very good on my shelf.

Doing trips with my brothers they were unbelievable for stripping rooms for pens, paper, shampoo, toilet roll and anything. Best was the time after finding they could take no more one of them thought of the batteries from the remote. Laugh was ten minutes later him being annoyed as he couldn't change the TV channel.

Every hotel, bnb, air bnb and the like gets stripped of all tea, coffee, sugar, biscuits, toilet roll, pens, pads etc. It's the rules. I then pour each individual sachet into the home coffee, tea and sugar jars. I do work for several chains of air bnb types, so routinely help myself to soaps and the like. And all bin bags go in the van as it saves on buying rubble sacks.

I must have about 40 screwfix pencils in the van. Used to just take them by the fistful. They've now switched to touch pad ordering screens. Toolstation pens are shite, they always leak red ink into my workwear pockets.

28 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Every hotel, bnb, air bnb and the like gets stripped of all tea, coffee, sugar, biscuits, toilet roll, pens, pads etc. It's the rules. I then pour each individual sachet into the home coffee, tea and sugar jars. I do work for several chains of air bnb types, so routinely help myself to soaps and the like. And all bin bags go in the van as it saves on buying rubble sacks.

friends-ross.gif

1 hour ago, Sweet Pete said:

I used to save all the stuff out hotels and give it to my wife at birthday and Christmas. That joke never got old. You should have seen her wee face.

It got the same reaction as the Kercher window washer I got her.

My old room key (Yale) in student halls (not Yale), allowed me to enter a small Morris Minor car which used to be parked near Taymills in Dundee. I used to periodically borrow the car and go for a run around Dundee.

Technically I wasnt stealing it as I put it back.

51 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I used to save all the stuff out hotels and give it to my wife at birthday and Christmas. That joke never got old. You should have seen her wee face.

It got the same reaction as the Kercher window washer I got her.

I got my wife a new fridge for her Christmas. Her face lit up when she opened it.

21 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Just booked the Dunblane Hilton for this weekend. It'll be getting rinsed. Going to see if I can fit a whole mattress in the motor.

The Nick Nairn joint in there’s got plenty fancy plates and cutlery 

16 minutes ago, Kamenitza said:

An hotel in Norn Iron foolishly left the linen cupboard next to our room unlocked. Wife managed to cram 6 nice fluffy bath towels into our luggage.

There is pilfering what is already in your room and then there is theft...

not me (honest officer) but mates nicked a big plastic mobile phone from outside a mobile phone shop back in the 90s..  It was metre high prop the shop left out on the street to entice folk in.

Was funny at the time but they shat themselves when a report of the theft appeared in the local paper stating police were investigating and appealing for witnesses.   This was around 1997.

Walked into same mates flat in Cathcart for a few beers before the Cup Semi final last month. He lives in a very swanky penthouse type flat....however in the hallway theres the big f8cking plastic phone sitting there. 

Got lifted while high as a kite after being spotted on cctv helping myself to a publication that had been delivered to John Menzies outside their door. It was some teenybopper magazine with a free boyzone cd on the front (ask your gran, kids) which I thought would be hilarious to arrive home with. The police actually let me go after about an hour in their car. I’d like to think it was because of my eloquent legal arguments on the impossibility of stealing something which was free but I suspect they just got bored and thought I was subnormal.