I have turf from...

Wembley 77

Murrayfield 78

Dens 84

Hampden 94

Tannadice 96

Caledonian Stadium 05

Goodison 08

Makes for an interesting couple of lawns.

Stole some turf from Hampden in 2016. 

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

I semi remember pulling a diesel generator, much like this...

Arc-Gen-15kva-towable-diesel-generator.webp.4c9ec67e7f07f9b4f1ab3b528d5d8435.webp

all the way home from a night out.

It was outside my house in the street the next day, until in disappeared that afternoon.

I have no idea where I picked it up, or where it went.

I see your generator and raise you a small road roller.

image.png.76c04f67d34e0cb7ef1bc07dcf53a6de.png

Mentally, a road crew in St Andrews left one parked up with the keys in overnight. 2 bottles of Merrydown and a few cans in, it would've been inappropriate of us not to take it for a spin.

We bottled it further along the same street, as even we realised a bunch of pissed teenagers with a steamroller was asking for trouble.

I liberated some of the penalty spot from our win against Dundee Utd in the 2019 play-off final - now in the back garden near to the drying pole.

Edited by btb

2 hours ago, BTFD said:

Remember the days when everybody's gran would pilfer sachets of sugar, sauce, and anything else that cafeterias would put out as complimentary?

I think it must have been a hangover from rationing.

My gran would take “cuttings” from exotic plants etc in botanic gardens. 

47 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

My gran would take “cuttings” from exotic plants etc in botanic gardens. 

Did she have big greenhouses to grow them in or did they die in the Scottish climate?

This was before anyone had a mobile phone so a car crashes in to a field in the middle of no where 2 mechanics decide that they are going to go out and strip some parts off of it late in the night So they start to strip it down when they see car lights away in the distance so they turn off their spot light and wait for it to pass but the passing car stops and 4 guys  jump out all tooled up to strip the same car The first 2 are now hiding behind a tree just beyond the car when 1 of them decides to do his party piece - the sound of a house phone ringing which he was superb at One of the 4 thieves shouts to his 3 mates "Their is a phone ringing!" His mates are shouting at him not to be so f-ing stupid "Where are you going to get a phone out here"? After a lot of shouting the guy that is sure that he heard the phone ringing walks over to the tree and the big man that did the sound of the phone ringing jumps out in front of him and switches the spot light on in his face and shouts "Hello there" !!! The guy just stood there paralized with fear unable to move and his 3 mates took off and left him! Not sure how it ended as i was crying my eyes out with laughter!

4 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I semi remember pulling a diesel generator, much like this...

Arc-Gen-15kva-towable-diesel-generator.webp.4c9ec67e7f07f9b4f1ab3b528d5d8435.webp

all the way home from a night out.

It was outside my house in the street the next day, until in disappeared that afternoon.

I have no idea where I picked it up, or where it went.

At least you pulled something that night!

My own drunken student one was that a group of us, midway twixt the union and the halls, stole a window box. A few weeks later, having not properly looked after it - although it had been regularly "watered" - all the flowers were dead, and so we, on this occasion perfectly sober, returned under cover of darkness and swapped it for the perfectly healthy one on the other window!

In that same halls, another flat had a lovely bench, which may have originated in that same garden, and which when paired with a similarly purloined "For Sale" sign, made a fun aeroplane.

I nicked a local street sign which was hanging off a wall as the rivets holding it in had rusted. If it hadn't been me someone else would have nicked it. Victorian cast iron and bloody heavy.

Everyone must have purloined sweeties from Woolies - Nick n Mix..

There was a store full of junk in my student halls, presumably stuff that had been left behind by students over the years, so I helped myself to an Aberdeen University plaque with the crest on it. There were a couple of decent bikes in there but couldn't be bothered nicking them.

7 hours ago, Shipa said:

At least you pulled something that night!

My own drunken student one was that a group of us, midway twixt the union and the halls, stole a window box. A few weeks later, having not properly looked after it - although it had been regularly "watered" - all the flowers were dead, and so we, on this occasion perfectly sober, returned under cover of darkness and swapped it for the perfectly healthy one on the other window!

In that same halls, another flat had a lovely bench, which may have originated in that same garden, and which when paired with a similarly purloined "For Sale" sign, made a fun aeroplane.

We had a bench, but not a for sale sign. Did have a shopfront awning with"Regal" on it. It was a bit big for the living room. 

4 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

The works canteen. The secret is layering. Hide bacon under scrambled egg. Tattie scone under beans. Eat some stuff in the queue if the opportunity arises.

had a boy at my old work that done that, the Bacon Bandit, ate the bacon off his roll in the queue and just paid for his fried egg roll.