Petty/crap thievery

Do any P&Bers indulge in petty theft? Office supplies or bog roll out the boozers as a harkening back to student days past for example? I peaked early, at 18, when I managed to get a bar stool out of the pub although I left it halfway up the road as I kept tripping over it due to inebriation. The wife has kept up the household's resemblance to Fagin's den since, with a steady stream of plastic cutlery (unused, I hope) that now fills a carrier bag in the kitchen cupboard and never gets used for picnics because we don't go on any. She also, for reasons unbeknownst to anyone, came home with bobbleheads of Derrick Rose and Luol Deng when her office moved. Does anyone have any similar tea-leafing tales? (PS, keep edgy for @Inanimate Carbon Rod)

IMG_2879.thumb.jpg.0bcca389e32277202593393e16f58187.jpg

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Do any P&Bers indulge in petty theft? Office supplies or bog roll out the boozers as a harkening back to student days past for example? I peaked early, at 18, when I managed to get a bar stool out of the pub although I left it halfway up the road as I kept tripping over it due to inebriation. The wife has kept up the household's resemblance to Fagin's den since, with a steady stream of plastic cutlery (unused, I hope) that now fills a carrier bag in the kitchen cupboard and never gets used for picnics because we don't go on any. She also, for reasons unbeknownst to anyone, came home with bobbleheads of Derrick Rose and Luol Deng when her office moved. Does anyone have any similar tea-leafing tales? (PS, keep edgy for @Inanimate Carbon Rod)

IMG_2879.thumb.jpg.0bcca389e32277202593393e16f58187.jpg

Are you ok?

5 minutes ago, Sugar_Army said:

I have turf from...

Wembley 77

Murrayfield 78

Dens 84

Hampden 94

Tannadice 96

Caledonian Stadium 05

Goodison 08

Makes for an interesting couple of lawns.

The Lawn Ranger 

Remember the days when everybody's gran would pilfer sachets of sugar, sauce, and anything else that cafeterias would put out as complimentary?

I think it must have been a hangover from rationing.

Was about the time of National Telethon.

We had 'National Taxathon'. at high school.

We stole everthing from staplers to chalk dusters. Just ended up leaving it on the teacher's car park.

Chored a few glasses from the pub in my time (like everyone has). The best one is a West tankard from the restaurant along the road.

Once stole 48 pens from Argos too when I was primary school age, sister and I had a bet to see who could steal more. I won. 

19 minutes ago, BTFD said:

Remember the days when everybody's gran would pilfer sachets of sugar, sauce, and anything else that cafeterias would put out as complimentary?

I think it must have been a hangover from rationing.

My great aunt is still doing stuff like that, my mum takes her out for lunch and she’ll take her chips home in a sandwich bag for dinner :lol:

I semi remember pulling a diesel generator, much like this...

Arc-Gen-15kva-towable-diesel-generator.webp.4c9ec67e7f07f9b4f1ab3b528d5d8435.webp

all the way home from a night out.

It was outside my house in the street the next day, until in disappeared that afternoon.

I have no idea where I picked it up, or where it went.

4 minutes ago, philpy said:

Beer glasses aplenty. Rule of thumb - anything over £5 a pint then the glass Is a "freebie". *

* depending if the wife brings her large handbag 👜

@jagfox enters the chat.

Used to have a fairly substantial beer glass collection, was over 50 different brands at one point. Have no idea who I gave them to when I left the country.

Any time I stay in a hotel I will try and steal a branded pen. Last time I stayed in a Hilton I managed to get 7 or 8 of them. Always come in handy.

Edited by Ross.

When I was a paperboy in Leven in 1977 for Innes's our main rivals were across the High Street, John Menzies. 

Anyhoo, there was a spate of pilfering along there. It was serious stuff, not just scud books and the likes, but going upstairs and raiding the LPs. 

To cut a long story short, Menzies sacked all their paper boys and paper lassies, and I got a job with John Menzies, with a 20p a week pay rise. 

Edited by Cosmic Joe

One of the few perks to working in chain restaurant kitchens as a student was the ability to stay well fed on a budget. Not much actually made it home but a couple of extra lemon prawns here, a couple of breaded garlic mushrooms there, the odd “accidentally “ overdone steak, all adds up.

Would have felt bad at a small place but whitbread, S&n and the likes get no sympathy.

6 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

When I was a paperboy in Leven in 1977 for Innes's our main rivals were across the High Street, John Menzies. 

Anyhoo, there was a spate of pilfering along there. It was serious stuff, not just scud books and the likes, but going upstairs and raiding the LPs. 

To cut a long story short, Menzies sacked all their paper boys and paper lassies, and I got a job with John Menzies, with a 20p a week pay rise. 

Aye, Woolies kept their albums downstairs next to the fire escape door.

Pint glasses mainly, which I still have a decent collection of. I have also drunkenly lifted a traffic cone, a roadworks sign and a temporary traffic lights sign.