Hibs v Celtic Wednesday night

Can see big Ange absolutely crumbling under the media pressure at the first sign of trouble if he ever goes down South.

Sounded utterly rattled over a nothing question there.

Edited by Ludo*1

Just now, VincentGuerin said:

What happened?

Got asked if he felt he needed to strengthen more than he previously thought after the past 3 games which led to him shouting Brian McLaughlin down and repeating, 'Come on mate!' over and over.

Regained his composure towards the end. Wasn't a disaster by any stretch but it was a complete soft ball.

37 minutes ago, Zing. said:

Pretty straightforward stuff after Maeda was rightly sent off. Not sure what he was on tonight but he made several fouls and all were pretty similar. Miller had him rattled.

Awful decision by Ange to leave him on at the triple sub.

Was always going to be near a 2nd yellow the way he was playing.

On another note, how fucking annoying is that Celtic drum........

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I find it really weird that Hibs supporters, mainly season ticket holders I would imagine, have deserted the club in droves over the last two games. Why?

In droves is melodramatic, but I understand what you mean.

For many, dropping those points against you lot was a right kick in the guts, and they just expected the usual v rangers and Celtic.

I was at both, and there were a few empty seats round my bit. I will also be there on Saturday as well. You need to have faith as a fitba fan.

10 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Got asked if he felt he needed to strengthen more than he previously thought after the past 3 games which led to him shouting Brian McLaughlin down and repeating, 'Come on mate!' over and over.

Regained his composure towards the end. Wasn't a disaster by any stretch but it was a complete soft ball.

Got to love "Big Ange" 🤣👏

9 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Awful decision by Ange to leave him on at the triple sub.

Was always going to be near a 2nd yellow the way he was playing.

On another note, how fucking annoying is that Celtic drum........

Maeda looked like he wanted to get sent off. He’d got away with one before his first booking, then had a couple more fouls after it. It was only a matter of time before he went. 

8 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I find it really weird that Hibs supporters, mainly season ticket holders I would imagine, have deserted the club in droves over the last two games. Why?

Deserted is strong. Still decent attendances considering who we were playing.

Deary dear I was not expecting that.

Thats probably the most I’ve enjoyed a game of football since before covid and probably even the Lennon days at that as Ross and Heckingbottom never really gave us that much to shout about, it was reminiscent of the Mowbray/Collins days where we’d pummel a team at the famous five end of a second half.

Few things to note:

If Lewis Miller is that good why have we not played him this season?

Jimmy Jeggo has to be no more next season, we improved loads after he went off.

Elie Youan has finally scored a goal when I’m not on holiday and seen it in the flesh.

What a contribution Scott Bain has made to Hibernian FC over the years, that man is Hibs as f**k.

Hearts game is a free hit now, win and it’s hilarious, lose and we’re probably in Europe anyway.

Can people please stop shouting for Lee Johnson out every time we lose now? He’s not perfect but there’s clearly and improvement isn’t there?

6 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

Deary dear I was not expecting that.

Thats probably the most I’ve enjoyed a game of football since before covid and probably even the Lennon days at that as Ross and Heckingbottom never really gave us that much to shout about, it was reminiscent of the Mowbray/Collins days where we’d pummel a team at the famous five end of a second half.

Few things to note:

If Lewis Miller is that good why have we not played him this season?

Jimmy Jeggo has to be no more next season, we improved loads after he went off.

Elie Youan has finally scored a goal when I’m not on holiday and seen it in the flesh.

What a contribution Scott Bain has made to Hibernian FC over the years, that man is Hibs as f**k.

Hearts game is a free hit now, win and it’s hilarious, lose and we’re probably in Europe anyway.

Can people please stop shouting for Lee Johnson out every time we lose now? He’s not perfect but there’s clearly and improvement isn’t there?

I agree with every point, other than the last one.

I am still not 100% convinced Johnson is the man to take us forward. Have to remember how much the game changed after their sending off.

Saying that I'd be willing to give him this summer's window and a shot at next season at least.

LJ has a 40% win percentage in his first season in the league at Hibs, which also happens to be near enough his career win % and his age. 

Despite being 500+ games in, he's still a young manager and while I'm not excited by his Hibs team yet, he has shown that he can beat Hearts, beat Celtic, get top six and likely Europe. 

We can't say that about a number of our previous managers, especially in their first season, given that many of them didn't last much beyond a full season.  

1 hour ago, GreenGray said:

Have to remember how much the game changed after their sending off.

It changed from ko in the 2nd half - LJ said they were all aware of the score at Pittodrie, and he told them that a point would be good, but we should go for a win.

They were sent out to push Celtic, and it worked. Obviously Maeda having such a brain fart helped, but I think we were going to get at least a point anyway.

27 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

It changed from ko in the 2nd half - LJ said they were all aware of the score at Pittodrie, and he told them that a point would be good, but we should go for a win.

They were sent out to push Celtic, and it worked. Obviously Maeda having such a brain fart helped, but I think we were going to get at least a point anyway.

Just wish we had pushed like that first half and against Rangers on Sunday.