The best strategy for Annan from this point is ?

I was listening to Cammy Bell this morning on the radio giving a flawless analysis on the game v Clyde. Need to strengthen ( absolutely) but how, and more importantly how in a sensible way ?

Think you meant to post this in the League 1 forum mate 😉

Hopefully Carlisle go up in their playoff final at the weekend. If they do, the players they are willing to loan out or even let go could be even better than Max Kilsby. 

If Kilsby doesn't come back (I expect Paul Simpson will at least want a look at him in preseason) then a left back is essential. Centre midfield too unless Reece Lyon comes back.

Sadly Josh Galloway seems to be missing something and Chris Johnston isn't as effective as he was, so right wing will also be an area to target.

17 minutes ago, DG.Roma said:

Think you meant to post this in the League 1 forum mate 😉

Hopefully Carlisle go up in their playoff final at the weekend. If they do, the players they are willing to loan out or even let go could be even better than Max Kilsby. 

If Kilsby doesn't come back (I expect Paul Simpson will at least want a look at him in preseason) then a left back is essential. Centre midfield too unless Reece Lyon comes back.

Sadly Josh Galloway seems to be missing something and Chris Johnston isn't as effective as he was, so right wing will also be an area to target.

As  long as it says Annan ( in this section ) here this is the place to post MATE ? Cowdenbeath clung on to the last going the other way.

Are you always pedantic ? Now I’ll read your post. 

Don't adopt the Brechin approach and make do, assuming relegation won't matter too much.

It's surprising how often clubs can find themselves following one drop with another  :shutup

3 hours ago, annan4eva said:

I was listening to Cammy Bell this morning on the radio giving a flawless analysis on the game v Clyde. Need to strengthen ( absolutely) but how, and more importantly how in a sensible way ?

The last time Stirling went up they conceded 54 league goals on the way. They failed to strengthen in defence and were back down in one season. Annan have conceded 51.  That's where you have to start and I say that with nothing but good will.

4 hours ago, annan4eva said:

As  long as it says Annan ( in this section ) here this is the place to post MATE ? Cowdenbeath clung on to the last going the other way.

Are you always pedantic ? Now I’ll read your post. 

Wow. I am pedantic, yes, but are you always so snappy? We're on the same side here! My comment about the League 1 forum was clearly in jest and meant to be seen as celebratory, as our team have now been confirmed as promoted. It's a time to rejoice and look forwards, not to snipe at each other

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

The last time Stirling went up they conceded 54 league goals on the way. They failed to strengthen in defence and were back down in one season. Annan have conceded 51.  That's where you have to start and I say that with nothing but good will.

I agree. Gibson has been great, but another year on can he be relied upon week in week out? Charlie Barnes did well before Gibson came in, but good enough for the league above? Hope so.

Matty Douglas is probably the best CB at the club, with Scott Hooper my 2nd choice, but Douglas just missed almost the whole season injured. I think he, and Hooper are good enough for League 1 if fit, but depth could be important.

Steven Swinglehurst still has big performances in him, but at times he has looked off the pace and past his best. Hopefully that was just due to lack of fitness though. Tommy Muir has been converted from a striker and done well, but again, is he good enough for the step up?

Left back I covered in my earlier post. I'd love Max Kilsby to come back, but wouldn't be surprised if Carlisle kept him.

15 hours ago, DG.Roma said:

Wow. I am pedantic, yes, but are you always so snappy? We're on the same side here! My comment about the League 1 forum was clearly in jest and meant to be seen as celebratory, as our team have now been confirmed as promoted. It's a time to rejoice and look forwards, not to snipe at each other

I agree. Gibson has been great, but another year on can he be relied upon week in week out? Charlie Barnes did well before Gibson came in, but good enough for the league above? Hope so.

Matty Douglas is probably the best CB at the club, with Scott Hooper my 2nd choice, but Douglas just missed almost the whole season injured. I think he, and Hooper are good enough for League 1 if fit, but depth could be important.

Steven Swinglehurst still has big performances in him, but at times he has looked off the pace and past his best. Hopefully that was just due to lack of fitness though. Tommy Muir has been converted from a striker and done well, but again, is he good enough for the step up?

Left back I covered in my earlier post. I'd love Max Kilsby to come back, but wouldn't be surprised if Carlisle kept him.

Not snappy no. Your comments cant be faulted, and a fair opinion for sure. The make up of the whole squad will be more important than ever before ? Im sure the management etc will know this. By that I meant the blend of youth/experience and positional cover, which maybe has not been just as important as of now ( as in just get good players in the squad )