Aberdeen v St Mirren

11 minutes ago, meadowroadsaint said:

Jesus….. not another one. Robertson is listed as a “former player” with Saints,Thistle and  Queen’s Park. He is not even listed in any  actual matches played for us, probably as he finished playing by 17 years old to be a Ref.

Thats some different level of paranoia there mixed in with a fair chunk of panic for this game. 

Quite a few Aberdeen posters have gone Full Celtic recently.

They've got a home game for third place against a side with a poor away record and big injury problems but they're acting as if the world is against them.

5 minutes ago, meadowroadsaint said:

Jesus….. not another one. Robertson is listed as a “former player” with Saints,Thistle and  Queen’s Park. He is not even listed in any  actual matches played for us, probably as he finished playing by 17 years old to be a Ref.

Thats some different level of paranoia there mixed in with a fair chunk of panic for this game. 

This is a list of all players to have ever pulled on the stripes in a first team match - competitive or friendly. 
This guy is not listed as far as I can see:

https://www.stmirren.info/past-saints-r

The fact he never ever got a game probably makes him hate us more that Aberdeen.
He calls himself “Don” so surely that means he’s a Dandy fellow! 😂 

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

This seems to be the modus operandi for some Aberdeen fans recently.

I guess as they're not into the bigotry/sectarianism/politics rubbish then conspiracy and paranoia are the only Scottish "big club" traits they can hang their hat on 🤷‍♂️

19 minutes ago, Molotov said:

This is a list of all players to have ever pulled on the stripes in a first team match - competitive or friendly. 
This guy is not listed as far as I can see:

https://www.stmirren.info/past-saints-r

The fact he never ever got a game probably makes him hate us more that Aberdeen.
He calls himself “Don” so surely that means he’s a Dandy fellow! 😂 

It's a disgrace that Aberdeen get a referee with such an obvious grudge against their opponents.

Corrupt to the core etc etc.

16 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Quite a few Aberdeen posters have gone Full Celtic recently.

They've got a home game for third place against a side with a poor away record and big injury problems but they're acting as if the world is against them.

Have you not got a M8 derby match thread to be worrying about?

1 hour ago, VincentGuerin said:

Hard to see how St Mirren get a result if Main's out and Aberdeen are more or less full-strength.

It'll be over relatively quickly and the Aberdeen lads worrying just now will winder what all the fuss was about.

I hope this is one of those "even a stopped clock...." moments 

Vinny’s just indulging in some self copioum because of the great Jambo collapse this season which had handed us the initiative 

Us battle hardened Dandies have decades of f**k ups, bottle job, foot shooting to look back on which justifies every ounce of cynicism and trepidation 

28 minutes ago, Frank Grimes said:

Vinny’s just indulging in some self copioum because of the great Jambo collapse this season which had handed us the initiative 

Us battle hardened Dandies have decades of f**k ups, bottle job, foot shooting to look back on which justifies every ounce of cynicism and trepidation 

I’m sorry but nothing absolutely nothing compares to the bottle job carried out by Hearts players on the 3rd May 1986.

Imagine the P&B servers trying to cope with the meltdowns from Jambos and the pile ons from the rest of Scottish football fans. 

IMG_1864.thumb.jpeg.c036de966871cbc7882596a0791c9db7.jpeg

2 hours ago, betting competition said:

Didn't look like you was running on empty on Saturday when Main could have scored 5. Aberdeen on the other hand have been running on empty as soon as Hearts scored we didn't even create a chance after that.

We have 3 players coming back tonight which 2 won't be match fit while Duk is being risked with a hamstring injury - not a great place to be for our most important game of the season. 

Unfortunately though, we are. Come 70 minutes the legs had absolutely gone and we didn't really have much on the bench to go with in terms of replacement.

We've lost Watt, Ayunga, Grieve and now potentially Main as options up front leaving us with Jamieson and Offord who have no league starts between them and Kiltie who isn't a striker. Further back Gallagher is carrying an injury he's been unable to shake, Dunne appears to have chucked it, Strain is running on fumes after an hour, Erhahon's replacement Boyd-Munce has played around 6 minutes of football and we've next to no cover at right back. 

Wish we had a full complement of players to pick from at this point in the season but we're nowhere near it. The ones we do have though will carry on fighting like f**k, so I'm happy with that at least.

If we really struggle with all the strikers out and other injuries, and lose, it won’t be tonight that does us in for that sniff of Europe. I know all defeats ultimately conspire to ‘do you in’, but it’ll be that feckin’ Killie one before the split that stands out as being the kick in the stones. Anyway, 0-3, Main hat-trick before limping off to be replaced by Paisley Panda.

Its good that Aberdeen are putting this on PPV - if it had been a weekend game I'd have gone but midweek makes it a whole lot more difficult, and i'd imagine a lot of Saints fans might miss out being there because of the scheduling.

Have to say, i'm quite relaxed about tonight - a good outcome would be taking it to the last day, and i'd hope that might happen even if we lose, as i'd be hopeful Hibs will lose to Celtic. 

Its a lot better playing this type of game than the relegation battles facing Killie, Utd and County tonight.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

If we really struggle with all the strikers out and other injuries, and lose, it won’t be tonight that does us in for that sniff of Europe. I know all defeats ultimately conspire to ‘do you in’, but it’ll be that feckin’ Killie one before the split that stands out as being the kick in the stones. Anyway, 0-3, Main hat-trick before limping off to be replaced by Paisley Panda.

Killie was a huge disappoinment, but as for kicks in the stones it has to be:

• 98th minute 2 points dropped at home to St J.
  • Hearts Snodgrass 'cross' equaliser at St Mirren Park
  • The 92nd minute hand ball 'non-pen' to equalise at Tynecastle 
  • And the 96th minute Shankland penalty a couple of weeks back.