Philip Schofield

12 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I'll start you off.

Jerry Lee Lewis.

Your starter for 10 of notable Brits, John Peel, many others.

Lori Maddox allegations of being involved in sexual relationships with David Bowie, Jimmy Page, and Mick Jagger; these are relationships which would have occurred while she was underage and while the musicians were in their twenties, although her connections to Bowie and Jagger are disputed.

Jimmy Page was 28 and Lori Mattix/Maddox was 13/14.

She alleges David Bowie took her virginity.

Bowie also seemed to have a thing for young things. 

Dodgy dodgy b*****ds. Allegedly.

2 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I'll start you off.

Jerry Lee Lewis.

On second thoughts, maybe a thread on famous men who haven't shagged uncomfortably/illegally young girls would be more sensible.

I'll start with...uhh...Wayne Rooney?

30 minutes ago, BTFD said:

We could have a whole thread about famous men who've shagged teenagers with no negative consequences. The attitude often seems to be, "oh Peter, the old rogue, what's he like? Lock up your daughters!"

If he'd shagged somebody's sixteen year old son, there'd have been a lot more questions being asked. People are weird.

Here’s a list of confirmed sex case rock stars

David Bowie - alleged to have had sex with Lori Maddox when she was 13

Jimmy Page - Had sex and a relationship with Maddox when 13

Mick Jagger - Alleged to have had sex with Maddox when she was underage.

Iggy Pop - Had sex with Sabel Starr when she was 13.

Johnny Thunder - Had sex with Sabel Starr when she was 16.

Steven Tyler - Had a relationship with a groupie when he was in his mid to late 20s and she was 15/16. He actually obtained legal guardianship of her to allow her to travel with him around the USA.

Axl Rose - Accused of statutory rape of a 15 year old girl, along with Slash, charges dropped. He has also been accused of sexual violence by other women.

Bill Wyman - married Mandy Smith when she was 16 after beginning a sexual relationship with her when she was 14. Later, Wyman’s son married Smith’s mother.

25 minutes ago, Molotov said:

She alleges David Bowie took her virginity.

Bowie also seemed to have a thing for young things. 

Young Americans?

Edited by Newbornbairn

26 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Steven Tyler - Had a relationship with a groupie when he was in his mid to late 20s and she was 15/16. He actually obtained legal guardianship of her to allow her to travel with him around the USA.

Axl Rose - Accused of statutory rape of a 15 year old girl, along with Slash, charges dropped. He has also been accused of sexual violence by other women.

Bill Wyman - married Mandy Smith when she was 16 after beginning a sexual relationship with her when she was 14. Later, Wyman’s son married Smith’s mother.

Sure John Peel falls into this category too.

2 minutes ago, Swordfishtrombone said:

Sure John Peel falls into this category too.

I'd like to help you, but I'm afraid his lawyers will tear you apart.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

I'll start you off.

Jerry Lee Lewis.

I'm sure I remember Elvira (erstwhile Mistress of the Dark) saying that she lost her virginity to a certain Las Vegas stalwart while working as an underage showgirl.

I've avoided mentioning his name in case I dreamed it, but frankly I'll be quite concerned if this is what my subconscious thinks about during its off hours.

4 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I'm hard pushed to imagine she didn't. There's videos of the guy and Schofield alone in restaurants. There's photos of him in his school. He's at awards bashes with the pair of them, on set at work experience and then got a full time job there.

I suppose it's easier from the outside looking on with hindsight but she doesn't come across as completely vacant minded.

Thing is sometimes people dont want to believe that these things are happening, PS probably telling HW that he’s mentoring the boy and he’ll maybe be careful to invite more than him to award shows so there is a group of them and all that kind of thing. People who are predators like that are good at hiding what they are doing. Thats not to say there wont have been signs that people have missed or overlooked but given he would have probably had the trust of his coworkers maybe they didnt suspect him of anything so wee things that set alarm bells off just didnt register. Anyway, i think big organisations which employ young people should have proper child protection policies in place, stv should have learned from Saville but it seems that nothing changed. 

11 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

When this was a story the only outrage was over the pictures of Peter Stringfellow wearing a thong. 55 year old man dating a 16 year old girl.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/peter-stringfellow-dated-16-year-12665827.amp

Caribbean-Idyll.jpg

He's got an arse like a Hamadryas Babbon. The stoatie baw wrong 'un.

8 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Three outcomes from that, the world is homophobic, if you are talented and popular you can do anything you like, the world is learning that grown adults have to behave better and are holding them to minimum standards.

That said on the last point I'm sure most adults regardless of when they were born knew that this behaviour was wrong.

9 hours ago, BTFD said:

We could have a whole thread about famous men who've shagged teenagers with no negative consequences. The attitude often seems to be, "oh Peter, the old rogue, what's he like? Lock up your daughters!"

Andrew.jpg

33 minutes ago, 101 said:

Three outcomes from that, the world is homophobic, if you are talented and popular you can do anything you like, the world is learning that grown adults have to behave better and are holding them to minimum standards.

That said on the last point I'm sure most adults regardless of when they were born knew that this behaviour was wrong.

I think a lot of this behaviour was tied into the 1960s/70s free love, hippie type thinking, personal freedom, who are we to judge etc. Often that sort of attitude provided an excuse for men to treat women very poorly.

There also was probably naïveté about the impact on the girls from what happened to them - kind of like the South Park episode where an attractive female teacher has sex with a male student and people just want to high five him. The attitude of “they get to have sex with Bowie/Jagger et Al, what’s the problem?” was probably widespread.

People also thought differently about age gap relationships in the past as well, I don’t think it was quite as taboo as it is now. People did know it was wrong though - there was big controversy about Wyman marrying Mandy Smith, although he was never charged when he really should have been.

Homophobia might be a factor in this but I also think that the opposite is true- if Schofield had cheated on his wife with a teenage girl who he’d known since she was a child he wouldn’t have lasted five minutes in the job let alone a few years. Having said that I remember in the late 1990s the show Queer As Folk was the first major gay themed drama produced in British TV and it began with an extremely explicit sex scene between an underage boy and a 30 year old man. This relationship was portrayed throughout the series as basically positive for the 15 year old. Age gap relationships are spoken of in a fairly positive manner as well - one character fondly recollects having sex with a school teacher and the fact that other older men openly lust after the teenager is portrayed as a joke. I don’t think that could be made now so maybe the change in attitudes to age gaps also applies to same sex relationships.

Maybe a bit off topic but in A Hard Day's Night fillum The Beatles chat up a bunch of schoolgirls on the train down south. One of the schoolgirls was Patti Boyd who later married George and was 19/20 when the scenes were shot (but that's another trope) but I don't think a scene like that would pass muster today.