Philip Schofield

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I was sure you'd be doing the Homer Simpson disappearing backwards into a hedge act after your "he's done nothing wrong!" patter earlier in the thread. 

I said he has done nothing illegal. He has now said this himself. 

I'll admit I was wrong about him being unapologetic though. He seems to be apologising to everyone.

6 minutes ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I said he has done nothing illegal. He has now said this himself

I'll admit I was wrong about him being unapologetic though. He seems to be apologising to everyone.

Sometimes better to say nothing pal

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I was sure you'd be doing the Homer Simpson disappearing backwards into a hedge act after your "he's done nothing wrong!" patter earlier in the thread. 

He has got some nerve showing his face around here again. 

2 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I said he has done nothing illegal. He has now said this himself. 

You basically said a man in his 50’s having an affair with a teenager was fine.

51 minutes ago, GallowayBlue said:

The number of outright or implied homophobic posts/jokes on social media is quite disheartening.

When this was a story the only outrage was over the pictures of Peter Stringfellow wearing a thong. 55 year old man dating a 16 year old girl.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/peter-stringfellow-dated-16-year-12665827.amp

6 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

When this was a story the only outrage was over the pictures of Peter Stringfellow wearing a thong. 55 year old man dating a 16 year old girl.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/peter-stringfellow-dated-16-year-12665827.amp

Was she 10 when Stringfellow first met her? I don't know.

Can't speak for your actual "social media", which I avoid like the plague, but on here at least the vast majority of the Schofield comments seem to be focussing on the potential grooming of an under age schoolchild, and the sexual preferences involved are not particularly dwelt upon. Some of the "beast" comments are a bit Sickipedia, mind you.

I see Holly Willouby, his co-cost has seen fit to make her first statement to the nation since the lie surfaced and she says she is hurt he lied to her. I wonder if his wife and kids will also be making a statement abouit their feelings.

Honest to f**k, if her feelings on this is deemed newsworthy, this country needs to give it's collective head a serious wobble.

8 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

To paraphrase one of Billy Connolly's stories - "She must have known something about it."

Must she have? Obviously if she did and did nothing then that’s awful and she’s behaved really badly

I think though, that people underestimate how much people are capable of lying and covering up when they have to and that especially goes for people they are close to, because they fear their judgement more. There are people who don’t know what their own partners or family members are involved with, never mind work colleagues.

26 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Must she have? Obviously if she did and did nothing then that’s awful and she’s behaved really badly

I'm hard pushed to imagine she didn't. There's videos of the guy and Schofield alone in restaurants. There's photos of him in his school. He's at awards bashes with the pair of them, on set at work experience and then got a full time job there.

I suppose it's easier from the outside looking on with hindsight but she doesn't come across as completely vacant minded.

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

We could have a whole thread about famous men who've shagged teenagers with no negative consequences. The attitude often seems to be, "oh Peter, the old rogue, what's he like? Lock up your daughters!"

If he'd shagged somebody's sixteen year old son, there'd have been a lot more questions being asked. People are weird.