Philip Schofield

1 minute ago, VincentGuerin said:

The poster you're quoting literally said they're not comfortable with it.

Ah. apologies, I missed that bit in the rush to be clutching at my pearls. 

I still find it an odd position to take though. 2 or 3 posts along the lines of ‘they’re 16, it’s legal’. It most certainly is; but it doesn’t make it right (or even defensible?) for the 50/60yo other though. 

2 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Ah. apologies, I missed that bit in the rush to be clutching at my pearls. 

I still find it an odd position to take though. 2 or 3 posts along the lines of ‘they’re 16, it’s legal’. It most certainly is; but it doesn’t make it right (or even defensible?) for the 50/60yo other though. 

Yea, that’s the whole problem here though…

They passed a law saying X. In situations where Y is legal, we’re uncomfortable, but it’s “legal”…perhaps the answer is changing the law…perhaps the answer is it’s none of our business…regardless, it’s pretty f**king from reading.

However, the grooming aspect here certainly has to be a consideration, and should be very carefully looked at to see if there is anything there that is actionable…or something that needs to be legislated upon.

Homosexuality itself was a jailable offence within the last 60 years. Tolerances in attitude do change, and rightly so. Just as people are entitled to choose what gender they wish to be identified as today, age and age differences between a couple, regardless of their sexuality really shouldn't be an issue. But that will always be the case, probably. I mean, I think it's a strange with some people I know, but each to their own.

However, a celebrity using their fame to gain power over a minor is a real issue in my eyes. If it is the case that Schofield or any celebrity for that matter, was grooming a child before the legal age of consent, for the purpose of sexual favours, they should be charged and then the courts should decide their fate, not the court of public opinion.

PS, castrate the c**t.

1 hour ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

fwiw I'm not comfortable with it but the OP Throbber said he was about to be in deep trouble (he isnt). He has lost his job but I think he will be unapologetic and probably feels relieved it is out.

Another poster said he is "about to get away with it" ...again, no laws were broken so what's there to get away with?

I’m not so sure he isn’t getting in deep trouble if the young lad in question speaks up or makes an allegation. Philip could easily slip him a few thousand to try and make it all go away but I highly doubt he is going to get his career back on track after this. His brothers stuff coming out at same time really isn’t helping his image either.

From the unravelling of this story and also his queue jumping antics it is blatantly obvious he has zero respect for the general public and is an absolute c**t of a human being. I hope this is the end of him.

12 hours ago, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

What laws are being broken here? 

Should the age of consent be raised? 

Should there be a maximum age difference in relationships? 

Who decides these things? You and the other outraged Helen lovejoys?

fwiw I'm not comfortable with it but the OP Throbber said he was about to be in deep trouble (he isnt). He has lost his job but I think he will be unapologetic and probably feels relieved it is out.

Another poster said he is "about to get away with it" ...again, no laws were broken so what's there to get away with?

Numerous things don't break the law but can be questionable morally. Also, you have no idea if any laws have been broken, will you be on here calling everyone Helen Lovejoys if it turns out he groomed and sexually assaulted a child? Not a good look pal.

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Numerous things don't break the law but can be questionable morally. Also, you have no idea if any laws have been broken, will you be on here calling everyone Helen Lovejoys if it turns out he groomed and sexually assaulted a child? Not a good look pal.

Always err on the side of caution when defending a potential paedophile.

11 minutes ago, milton75 said:

If David Jason turns out to be a nonce I'll be delighted, as the sort of people that think Only Fools and Horses represents a pinnacle in British comedy are utter dimwits and will take it very badly indeed.

Think of the poor manufacturers of birthday cards and Father's day cards...

7 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Think of the poor manufacturers of birthday cards and Father's day cards...

Although cards for if your dad's a nonce would work, and must be one of the few things the greeting card industry hasn't made one for as yet. 'Happy anniversary from the dug' et al. 

9 hours ago, milton75 said:

If David Jason turns out to be a nonce I'll be delighted, as the sort of people that think Only Fools and Horses represents a pinnacle in British comedy are utter dimwits and will take it very badly indeed.

Bear in mind we'll all have to pretend that we always thought Danger Mouse and Count Duckula were shite  :(

18 hours ago, milton75 said:

UK TV Gold will have to shut with the removal of Only Fools and Open All Hours/Still Open All Hours, about 50% of their scheduling down the toilet.