The "take it to another thread" thread

After being quite rightly pulled up for polluting a thread with stuff which was irrelevant , thought it might be useful to have a place to move discussions to which don't really have a dedicated place. Some examples today...

Who decided to have a 20 team Premier leagues around Covid times?

Should Ashfield or other get to play from a temporary ground?

1 hour ago, jimbaxters said:

After being quite rightly pulled up for polluting a thread with stuff which was irrelevant , thought it might be useful to have a place to move discussions to which don't really have a dedicated place. Some examples today...

Who decided to have a 20 team Premier leagues around Covid times?

Should Ashfield or other get to play from a temporary ground?

On the Ashfield point, I don’t know the details but they should have to be able to demonstrate that they have a viable option as a permanent home ground.

it’s a worrying move fir them as a club because they’re probably the poorest supporter of all the Glasgow sides and this will further diminish what support they had or would hope to gain.

2 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Was that not a result of Darvel moaning?

Did they not threaten legal action so 3 teams promoted on points per game basis but none of 3 teams relegated.

3 teams due to be relegated were Rutherglen, Troon & Kirkintilloch Rob Roy if used points per game basis but I think felt that was unfair?

image.png.27b81c24272aa37020b55a0805960479.png

8 minutes ago, theesel1994 said:

Was that not a result of Darvel moaning?

Not really. It's been 3 years and people are trying to boil it down to one thing.

All-In Conferences-16 using West Region Premier-17 with Bonnyton since they were Tier 6-20 with the West Region Championship Top 3 on PPG probably just to give an even number. Since one of them were not declared a champion.

A similar story would play out in the EoS where no Premier sides were relegated and 3 teams ended up promoted on PPG to balance out an even number of teams at 18. 

Edited by FairWeatherFan

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Not really. It's been 3 years and people are trying to boil it down to one thing.

All-In Conferences-16 using West Region Premier-17 with Bonnyton since they were Tier 6-20 with the West Region Championship Top 3 on PPG probably just to give an even number. Since one of them were not declared a champion.

A similar story would play out in the EoS where no Premier sides were relegated and 3 teams ended up promoted on PPG to balance out an even number of teams at 18. 

You're not seriously suggesting it was decided on the basis of a nice even number! There was plenty of talk on here at the time about the fact as three were being promoted (which was rumoured to have been forced by Darvel threatening legal action) but the three clubs who finished at the bottom were not being relegated. The problem was that the season was cut short so all matches had not been played. Everyone could see that 20 teams was a folly.

I remember reading about all this at the time; and think its too simplistic to try and have a one reason answer.

Initially there was the conferences but that was pulled; no speculation on reason.

Bonnyton applied to join the West, came in at Tier 6; no conspiracies here.

Decided that 16 from last SuperPrem or whatever, plus 1; see above. Would be Prem; see above again.

Then I think it got a bit confuffled: yes realise not using it correctly but what a great word so thats it's justification.

There was comments about the 3 from the old championship should be promoted. And they were, eventually. Others can fill in/speculate about the bit/bits I missed out.

There you go a succinct answer. But please don't fact check it.

@jimbaxters not questioning your title choice, but can I humbly suggest one of the following.

The Talking Shit Thread

The Shit Talking Thread

The Thread for Talking Shit Thread

The Don't Know Where Else to Post this Shit Thread 

Going to stop now before I cant.

Sorry got another one.

The Getting Shit Off Your Chest Thread

Edited by HorseyGhirl

11 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

@jimbaxters not questioning your title choice, but can I humbly suggest one of the following.

The Talking Shit Thread

The Shit Talking Thread

The Thread for Talking Shit Thread

The Don't Know Where Else to Post this Shit Thread 

Going to stop now before I cant.

The pointless stuff that know cares about anymore thread is probably another good fit 

2 hours ago, Johnstonian said:

Apparently given money to leave the ground.

Sincerely hope it does not work out badly for them.

My initial post was not about having a pop at Ashfield, it was as a defence of the Boys/Cage Clubs that have come in for critique for their facilities or lack of therein.

And the questioning of their legitimacy in the league.

Oh that felt good.

26 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

I remember reading about all this at the time; and think its too simplistic to try and have a one reason answer.

Initially there was the conferences but that was pulled; no speculation on reason.

Bonnyton applied to join the West, came in at Tier 6; no conspiracies here.

Decided that 16 from last SuperPrem or whatever, plus 1; see above. Would be Prem; see above again.

Then I think it got a bit confuffled: yes realise not using it correctly but what a great word so thats it's justification.

There was comments about the 3 from the old championship should be promoted. And they were, eventually. Others can fill in/speculate about the bit/bits I missed out.

There you go a succinct answer. But please don't fact check it.

Not bad for a newbie

20 minutes ago, HorseyGhirl said:

My initial post was not about having a pop at Ashfield, it was as a defence of the Boys/Cage Clubs that have come in for critique for their facilities or lack of therein.

And the questioning of their legitimacy in the league.

Oh that felt good.

I never said a word about this!! 😂😂

1 minute ago, Johnstonian said:

I never said a word about this!! 😂😂

Was just using your post as a reference point after you quoted @Ivo den Bieman post. I had an initial post somewhere else when I questioned .... do you know what I've forgotten what I was on about now.

Peace out brother. 🤪🤪🤪