Hearts vs Aberdeen - Saturday 20th May

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You're not of the opinion that Hearts should have simply beaten Dundee? You'd rather blame St Mirren? After all these years, that is so sad.

I'm always more concerned that we got scudded by St Mirren at the start of the season 🤣

32 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You're not of the opinion that Hearts should have simply beaten Dundee? You'd rather blame St Mirren? After all these years, that is so sad.

There’s certainly logic to that but if we adopt that attitude then St Mirren go from being pantomime villains to being meaningless nonentities 

in a league where we already have to play Livingston and St Johnstone and that other one four times each we need to suspend belief and treat St Mirren as if they matter even if they really don’t 

Of course Aberdeen, on the other hand, do matter and I’m not just saying that to be nice

20 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

Honestly, walking out of Tynecastle yesterday from the home end, you'd have thought they had won the league.

Their fans are obviously excited because they won and suddenly the fans are coming out with all these bold claims about their squad.

The fact is Hearts are still two points behind so I won't really care how better the fans think their squad is if we finish above them in the league.

Surely fans have a right to celebrate when their team win, just as you have a right to cry your bitter, salty tears here after your team got beat 

4 minutes ago, Unleash The Nade said:

Surely fans have a right to celebrate when their team win, just as you have a right to cry your bitter, salty tears here after your team got beat 

Another post that should be in Celtic thread. 

5 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

While this was an excellent and deserved win for the Jam Tarts, I reckon aiberdeen will beat st mirren through the week, and we'll get fuckall at ibrox, so we're still looking at 4th place at best, imo. 

Agreed. The baw was burst when we didn't win in Paisley.

I’m not so sure . 

Wednesday is now must win for the Dons now and we seem to be stalling. If we don’t get an early goal, I can see that one petering out to a 0-0 or St Mirren sneaking a win . 

Hearts now have a bit of momentum and Rangers don’t have much to play for. I wouldn’t be massively shocked if they snatched a win , despite their poor away form up till now. 

Fail to beet St Mirren and lose to Celtic, I can’t say we deserve 3rd if we only get 1-2 points from the final 5 games against other top 6 opposition. 

12 minutes ago, Merkie84 said:

I’m not so sure . 

Wednesday is now must win for the Dons now and we seem to be stalling. If we don’t get an early goal, I can see that one petering out to a 0-0 or St Mirren sneaking a win . 

Hearts now have a bit of momentum and Rangers don’t have much to play for. I wouldn’t be massively shocked if they snatched a win , despite their poor away form up till now. 

Fail to beet St Mirren and lose to Celtic, I can’t say we deserve 3rd if we only get 1-2 points from the final 5 games against other top 6 opposition. 

I can see the point with this. But I think it applies at least equally to Aberdeen's visit to Parkhead on Saturday.

It's not outwith the realms of possibility that Hearts win, but I'd still say we're more likely to lose 3-0 than get any points. We've not won away from home in the league since December, so a win at Ibrox feels like a stretch. Especially since our back line is just so poor just now. Hard to see Rangers not scoring, so we'll need to score at least two.

1 hour ago, paranoid android said:

While this was an excellent and deserved win for the Jam Tarts, I reckon aiberdeen will beat st mirren through the week, and we'll get fuckall at ibrox, so we're still looking at 4th place at best, imo. 

Yup, think I'm right in saying that an Aberdeen, Rangers and Celtic win on Wednesday, renders the last set of fixtures obsolete. I would imagine that is probably the shortest odds of any scenario at the bookies.

Edit not quite, St Mirren could still over take Hibs.

Edited by Martin_T

3 hours ago, Merkie84 said:

I’m not so sure . 

Hearts will get beat at Ibrox. We continue to be horrific away from home.

Our only hope is that Aberdeen don't beat St Mirren. 

On to the final day, I always fancy our chances at Tynecastle against all non-Old Firm Teams, and I would imagine Celtic would not want to end the season getting beat. 

Edited by Mr. X

6 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Hearts will get beat at Ibrox. We continue to be horrific away from home.

Our only hope is that Aberdeen don't beat St Mirren. 

On to the final day, I always fancy our chances at Tynecastle against all non-Old Firm Teams so would, and I would imagine Celtic would not want to end the season getting beat. 

Basically. And I think its a long shot. Aberdeen can just chuck all their energy at it, and scraping by gets the job done, even if they don't play well.

If St Mirren don't score first (and probably early) in that one, the slim chance we have is gone.

My feeling is that there will be twist and turns on Wednesday night and it may yet come down to the final day of the season.

If that's the case, then we're in trouble because we're at Parkhead.

Consequently, I think we might be wanting Hibs to do us a favour.

However, that win for Hearts on Saturday has applied the pressure and it now depends on how Aberdeen players respond to that.

St Mirren have got plenty to play for too, their first European campaign since 1987 is up for grabs.

It's an exciting end to a season.

The only thing that is certain is that there will more greeting about VAR.

Edited by Bogbrush1903