Hearts vs Aberdeen - Saturday 20th May

Had to have a chuckle at this thread, Aberdeen fans complaining about getting nothing from ref. Apart from let away with 2 clear second Β bookings that is. Β Even Willie Miller said he β€œcouldn’t defend” Watkins one.Β 

a more cynical team I don’t think I’ve seen to be honest, leaving the foot in constantly, niggly fouls off the ball time wasting at 0-0. Brutal !

hearts were utterly dominant, Β 30+ efforts at goal is the kind of number you usually expect against lower league opposition and on another day 6/7 would have been about right. As for Aberdeen they are β€œbasic” tight compact but really pretty mediocre other than being solid defensively. I actually think they’ve made a mistake with robson, not the kind of footbal their fans will enjoy and once the luck runs out they will be screaming for his head.

As for hearts - Downing tools for Robbie, and the loss of Gordon, Halkett, Beni Β  And Boyce has hurt us in terms of league position and I doubt we will secure 3rd from here . Β 
Β 

BUT if we can get those 3 back with Boyce and add a couple I think we can qualify for the groups off our own back.

21 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

You mean like Hearts winning goal?

you should be pretty thankful you didn’t take an absolute hiding. Hearts winning goal was clearly on and there were no were clearly no pens (apart from maybe the hand ball hearts were denied). Β 

You were however very fortunate to be given the opportunity to finish the game with 11. Β Unlike us in the last 2 weeks.Β 

Edited by DaveMackay56

Aberdeen fans claiming the deserved something from this game and were robbed by the ref is mental.

Utter hammer throwers playing hoof ball for 90mins. The pass complete percentage stat will back that up.

Edited by Jammyp

Just now, Jammyp said:

Aberdeen fans claiming the deserved something from this game and we robbed by the ref is mental.

Utter hammer throwers playing hoof ball for 90mins. The pass complete percentage stat will back that up.

You must’ve missed just about every Dons fan saying Hearts deserved to win I assume?

Stop making shit up FFS.

Β 

17 minutes ago, Jammyp said:

Aberdeen fans claiming the deserved something from this game and were robbed by the ref is mental.

Can you point to a post that says we deserved anything from the game today, I maybe missed it.

25 minutes ago, DaveMackay56 said:

Had to have a chuckle at this thread, Aberdeen fans complaining about getting nothing from ref. Apart from let away with 2 clear second Β bookings that is. Β Even Willie Miller said he β€œcouldn’t defend” Watkins one.Β 

a more cynical team I don’t think I’ve seen to be honest, leaving the foot in constantly, niggly fouls off the ball time wasting at 0-0. Brutal !

hearts were utterly dominant, Β 30+ efforts at goal is the kind of number you usually expect against lower league opposition and on another day 6/7 would have been about right. As for Aberdeen they are β€œbasic” tight compact but really pretty mediocre other than being solid defensively. I actually think they’ve made a mistake with robson, not the kind of footbal their fans will enjoy and once the luck runs out they will be screaming for his head.

As for hearts - Downing tools for Robbie, and the loss of Gordon, Halkett, Beni Β  And Boyce has hurt us in terms of league position and I doubt we will secure 3rd from here . Β 
Β 

BUT if we can get those 3 back with Boyce and add a couple I think we can qualify for the groups off our own back.

Are you @8gamestogo?

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Can you point to a post that says we deserved anything from the game today, I maybe missed it.

He won’t.

He was talking absolute muck.Β 

We rightly slagged off Clancy, whilst saying the better team won.Β 

He clearly doesn’t have the intelligence to register that.Β 

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Are you @8gamestogo?

nope. No idea who that is. I normally post of kickback but felt the need to introduce some sense and fact into this thread.Β 
Β 

one thing I will say is . Β I like pollock. Β If we had signed him to replace Halkett we’d still be 10 points clear. Β He’s good as is Duk who Aberdeen clearly missed.Β 
Β 

Clearly Aberdeen struggle with pace when he’s not available as hearts do with Ginelly.Β 
Β 

Were you at the game today? The off the ball stuff from Aberdeen. Β Don’t know whether to admire it or slaughter it. Β Half expect robson to pull off his mask and expose prime Craig levein.Β 

Edited by DaveMackay56

5 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Hearts were impressive first half, up the park twice in the second half though and scored one of their chances, thems the breaksΒ 

we had 14 efforts in the second half. 2 of them were basically open goals over and above the goals.Β 
Β 

like a bit of revisionism the dons fans eh!! Some placeΒ 

Edited by DaveMackay56

8 minutes ago, DaveMackay56 said:

we had 14 efforts in the second half. 2 of them were basically open goals over and above the goals.Β 
Β 

like a bit of revisionism the dons fans eh!! Some placeΒ 

Thank goodness you’ve brought some objectivity to proceedings.Β 

2 hours ago, Bogbrush1903 said:

I'll go against the grain and say that I thought Morris looked lively but Miovski was woeful.

Β 

I went into the home end, and an older gentleman just along from me left during the first half with blood all over his face. He was sat in the corner of the Main Stand where their ultras stand. I'm not sure if was a Dandy.

Β 

I'm not being critical, if you sit in the home end then it's at your own risk but I would like to know if indeed he was an Aberdeen fan?

He was a Hearts fan, he took a battering from at least two young boys. All went mental for a minute or so, not 100% what caused the argument.Β 

2 hours ago, woolf said:

Okay,let’s have a go then.

Watkins dived πŸ‘

Dons got Bodied πŸ‘

You support the 5th biggest team in Scotland πŸ‘

Β 

Posting I am an idiot would have been far quicker.

Since they were formed scotlands 5th biggest club have won more than both edinburgh diddies combined