Kilmarnock v St Johnstone

6 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

That is fucking stinking. 

Literally every combination of players we have gives off a stench.

This is 100% a game where we should pack the midfield with cloggers (or the closest thing we have), keep the ball in the air and stifle it as a contest — like Tommy Wright used to do after a run of defeats. A loss would be disastrous and, in best case scenario, gives Ross County the chance to leapfrog us in an incredibly important game in Dingwall. Worst case scenario (and most likely scenario to me) we could be second bottom by end of today with United breathing down our necks. 

With all that in mind we really need a point and it will be very worrying if Maclean goes balls out here. And perhaps a sign he's managing as someone who wants to please the fans rather than laser focused on the team's best interests. Interested to see how we line up. 

2 minutes ago, PSJ.84 said:

Gets players playing in their best positions in fairness to MacLean. Carey and Wotherspoon in there is just a bit meh. 

Aye, my thoughts was at least it gets three centre midfielders in there and Carey back out wide.

Some pressure on him though!

Ballantynes strengths in attack, from what (little) i know of his Montrose days, so happy enough with the mix in CM tbh.

Careys better out wide so it gets that done too.

See how it goes but aye, in terms of punts with Phillips, Hallberg and Wotherspoon not able to start its fair enough for me.

3 minutes ago, nelsjfc said:

Aye, my thoughts was at least it gets three centre midfielders in there and Carey back out wide.

Some pressure on him though!

Scenes when its...

Matthews

Brown - McGowan - Gordon - Considine - Montgomery 

Ballantyne - MacPherson

Wright - May - Carey

6 hours ago, mizfit said:

Wait, we tried Wright in the middle against Hibs. It was a disaster. 

There was a game at Fir Park during Drey’s first season when we were on a dreadful run without wins and we went to 3 at the back, which we never played at the time. 

Drey played central in a three man midfield driving forward with the ball getting us up the park and did okay.  He is really good at that if we can get him on it in space to run.

I think we won with a last minute goal that day .. maybe a Kerr header from a corner?

11 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

There was a game at Fir Park during Drey’s first season when we were on a dreadful run without wins and we went to 3 at the back, which we never played at the time. 

Drey played central in a three man midfield driving forward with the ball getting us up the park and did okay.  He is really good at that if we can get him on it in space to run.

I think we won with a last minute goal that day .. maybe a Kerr header from a corner?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45846823