The Compo Faces Thread

2 hours ago, throbber said:

This was the snowman kids entire family, I remember the news article stated the dad was 32 😂

IMG_5854.jpeg

They're creepy and they're kooky,

Mysterious and spooky,

They're altogether ooky,

The Addams family ...

42 minutes ago, bennett said:

Was that the incident that got a binman sacked because he kicked the snowman and the family acted like dicks about it.

Yeah - was one of those ones that everyone was talking about for a day, I think ict chris started a thread about it.

23 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

Indeed it is. Marred ever so slightly by tamthebam's bizarre wish to introduce accompanying lyrics and me not being 100% sure what "compo" means......

Folk purposely looking sad to boost chances of compensation.  (with the 'o' added in a manner similar to many a lazy nickname, e.g. Marko)

3 hours ago, Swarley said:

What on earth is the story behind that?

Unable to find the original article with the first picture of the guy and his daughter. But there is another one here with an equally funny picture of a posing local resident.

https://metro.co.uk/2016/02/23/council-builds-footpath-to-nowhere-which-says-to-be-continued-5712945/?ito=article.mweb.share.top.link

ad197444872date-february-23.jpg

Edited by AuAl

On 27/05/2023 at 12:58, throbber said:

Yeah - was one of those ones that everyone was talking about for a day, I think ict chris started a thread about it.

Have any P&Bers ever kicked a snowman’s head off?

Yes, but have been too scared to do it again since this story.

Woman's joy after winning EuroMillions 'for 10 minutes' before her dreams were crushed

It was the most agonising and dramatic 10-minute spell of Margaret De Micheli's life - the pensioner experienced anticipation, jubilation and dismay in quick succession after checking her EuroMillions ticket

2_PAY-Margaret-De-Micheli.jpg