The Pie & Bovril WoSFL Predictor Competition 2022-23 Final Table

Good morning, Predictors! Here are the results from Saturday 13th May :-

Arthurlie 2 v 4 Glenafton Athletic

Darvel 2 v 2 Auchinleck Talbot

Bonnyton Thistle 0 v 2 Rutherglen Glencairn

Thorniewood United 0 v 6 St. Cadoc’s

Wishaw 1 v 3 Maybole Juniors

Ardrossan Winton Rovers 1 v 3 Vale of Clyde

Scenes! We’ve made it to the final count guys and it was a right do adding these up this morning. Our top three and therefore prize winners are:-

1st- Broomhill Ultra    557 points (£125)

2nd- dagane                  542 points  (£70)

3rd- happy                     505 points  (£45)

Firstly huge congratulations to those three, especially long time leader @Broomhill Ultra who had @dagane breathing down their neck for such a long time. Your prizes are thoroughly deserved. Then, the 3rd, 4th and 5th places had one point between them (I really hope I have scored them correctly!). The eventual victor @happy managed to scoop 21 points to jump two places and take the 50 notes by one point. Amazing stuff. I will write a round up post later today when I have more time with details on how you guys will get your winnings. Quick mention to @Kenny*******Powers for topping the weekly scores with 22 points. Well done pal. Check your scores please. Over to you Broomhill Ultra for the cup competition! Here is the final table:-

Wk 34     CS      Total

Broomhill Ultra

dagane

happy

Shannon

funky monkey

93Glens17

Kenny*******Powers

Spyro

Darvel legend

jimbaxters

Shanner

coineanach

BC63

beith19

passbackdave

coolerking83

Thanks for now and will round up later today.

Edited by jimbaxters

Thanks JB, the end of season cup finals finished as follows;

Champions League

Funky Monkey v Dagane 15-18

Europa League

Coolerking83 v BC63 13-11

These have been a bit of fun hopefully, if you are taking it all on again next season @jimbaxterscould maybe think of a way to put a bit of prize money aside for a cup competition to keep everyone with something to play for toward the end of the season? Hopefully you will do the organising again next year, some shift you’ve put in 👍🏻

Quick addendum-

I had forgotten we didn't quite reach the total players we wanted so the 2nd and 3rd place prizes were reduced, as evidenced in this thread

So that means it is £125 to first place, £70 to second and £45 to third.

Thanks

Right folks, wanted to have a round up post about the competition.

Firstly, congratulations again to our three prize winners. You've all been incredibly consistent and deserve the money. Real commiserations to @Shannon and @funky monkey who were so close to the money it's unreal. After 34 weeks and probably close to 45 sets of predictions, for it come down to just one point between 3rd and 4th and the same between 4th and 5th is outstanding. 

Also, I want to thank @Div for the site donation to the competition and also for handling the money for us. This made a real difference to the running of the competition. He has also informed me that he has sent a PM to the prize winners about payment so thanks due for this too. 

Thanks to @Broomhill Ultra for coming up with the fun cup competition for the last few rounds. It's a great idea and one which I will definitely incorporate into next year's contest. Also, thanks for keeping me right on some scores throughout the weeks as well 😉

Finally thanks to all our players @dagane @93glens17 @Spyro @Shanner @Darvel legend @BC63 @coolerking83 @coineanach @passbackdave @beith19 @happy @Kenny*******Powers. Particularly those who kept predicting right to the end, even though they didn't have much hope of a prize. I know it's not easy to do so, so it's much appreciated. Let's not forget @Craig fae the Vale who had to bow out due to picking up a new blazer, @Marshmallo who seemingly got launched halfway through and @Fredeye who just jacked it in. All three of these lads left their money behind though so thanks to them too.

There are some improvements I think we could make for next year, like using only one thread throughout the season rather than polluting the board with various threads. That must have been annoying for non-players so thanks for their patience. We can also decide on the midweek matches and how many we want to predict on as it probably became a little confusing towards the end with so many matches. As said previously, I am not precious about this so definitely open to suggestions. Feel free to mention on here or via PM, what went well or any improvements and will take them on board.

This was designed to draw more attention to the board so hopefully this has done so with the competition being played in the right spirit all the way through. So, if you enjoyed playing or if you looked on and thought you'd like to get involved, look out for the post before season 2023/24 begins. 

Over & out!

Edited by jimbaxters

Thanks Jim for the time and effort put in to running this fun compitition.Thought it was blown away when Darvel equalised at 2 2.To be honest I couldn't be arsed checking points on Saturday (feared the worst) and only found out 10 minutes ago.Thanks to all who entered and let's hope for a bigger and better compitition next year.Congradulations to Broomhill Ultra on a very impressive performance,cheers.