Motherwell v Ross County (The Kettlewell 'friendly' Derby day!)

The ref and his assistants were good value all game, looked a few penalties in the county shout but my favourite moment of their incompetence was early on and we had played a ball back to Kelly which was at least 2 yards out of play at the by line with the linesman right in line and he did not put his flag up. 

Earlier this season, we lose that game 1-0 (literally because VAR didn’t exist) so was good to see us get the win but I think both teams could still be playing now without scoring. 

2 hours ago, rambunctious said:

Was quite happy to have the county fans in near us in the main stand to add a bit of atmosphere at first. But after 5 minutes, that accent....

Screenshot_20230520_181848_Chrome.jpg

Always chuckle when I hear people from the West of Scotland giving it big licks about the Highland twang, when the ability to breathe through their noses has bypassed them. 

38 minutes ago, Swami said:

That was a very bad game. The only highlight was Stephen O’Donnell backheeling it to himself. 

Disagree.

O'Donnell wrestling with Watson; good.

O'Donnell baiting Edwards into a red; good.

Kev leathering a penalty home; good.

Malky absolutely SPEWIN in his post match; exceptional.

There was a lot of passing going on, balls into space for people to run on to, it was like some of the football you see on the telly.

I hope we aren’t going to turn into one of these tiki-taka teams.

Edited by ropy

1 hour ago, Swami said:

That was a very bad game. The only highlight was Stephen O’Donnell backheeling it to himself. 

Rubbish. It was not the best game granted but it was decent enough. And we deserved the 3 points based on all the stats available.

We were not at our Kettlewell best but we were clearly the better side. 

People deride VAR and it does slow the game down unsurprisingly. But today it correctly ruled out a County penalty and correctly awarded us one.

Huge kudos to the job Ketts has done. Amazing stats and quite honestly unbelievable after the cup defeat at Raith. 

As for the big Dutch bugger….not his best Game but still score 😍😍😍

On 14/05/2023 at 21:44, Sonam said:

Hope to God I'm sat next to I presume a girlfriend/wife of one of the players whilst at Tannadice on Sat. Stunningly beautiful woman, was ace chatting.

Sadly not a Dingwallian accent she had and doubt she had connection to the town at all. Lucky player, whoever he is!! I tip my hat to you whoever it is.

How did it go?

5 hours ago, Self-raising Lazarus said:

If that's right, and Casey has broken his arm, it does reinforce why players down tools or hold back at the end of the season. Fair fucks to him for still giving 100% when he's out of contract in a few weeks. 

Technically out of contract but he'll definitely be offered a deal on better terms. What's the prognosis for a broken bone these days, 3 weeks in a stookie and then be care for a further three. Nothing to stop him showing up for day one of pre-season anywhere.

It was pretty much the same as our last few wins where we were the better team and limited the chances the opponents had. It didn't look like we wer

Seeing the handball on Sportscene it was a stonewaller. Maybe he didn't mean it but it was still a swipe that took the ball away from Obika.

Don't think Casey broke his arm, I think a dislocated shoulder that they popped back in on the park. Because they pulled him up with both arms which would be weird if one of his arms was broken.

I have no issues with McKays thoughts on the two penalty decisions but his claim that there was no justification for the additional time was him just denying what happened in front of him.

How can it be 12 minutes if no one died?

1 hour ago, ropy said:

I have no issues with McKays thoughts on the two penalty decisions but his claim that there was no justification for the additional time was him just denying what happened in front of him.

How can it be 12 minutes if no one died?

Sounds very much like sour grapes from the West of Scotland mouthbreather.

Before the board went up there were subs, with at least half of those being after injury stoppages and of course a very lengthy VAR check.

13 hours ago, central staggie said:

Always chuckle when I hear people from the West of Scotland giving it big licks about the Highland twang, when the ability to breathe through their noses has bypassed them. 

I always chuckle when people from the North of Scotland think everyone from the West of Scotland lives in Glasgow! 😉

Edited by joewarkfanclub

1 hour ago, ropy said:

I have no issues with McKays thoughts on the two penalty decisions 

Simply don't believe the referee said he'd made a mistake, because he... Didn't?

Either that or he just said it to get rid of him, the big slaver.

12 minutes ago, thisGRAEME said:

Simply don't believe the referee said he'd made a mistake, because he... Didn't?

Either that or he just said it to get rid of him, the big slaver.

As much as it pains me, I think Mackay was talking about blowing the whistle before the player ballooned the ball over the bar. I think by the rules, he should have let that shot go first. 

similar to ours from earlier in the season when Deano nearly got his shirt ripped off and we scored. 

38 minutes ago, Archie McSquackle said:

This is certainly not a criticism of the County fans that attended but there was talk of having a really good support at Tannadice and hoping for the same again. Were there reasons for a good turn-out last week but not yesterday? Is it as simple as Dundee is easier to get to?

£10 a ticket last week probably had a lot to do with it as well.

The weirdest thing about the game yesterday was that County weren't as fired up for it as I expected in the circumstances. We definitely had a bit of the end of season's about us and County kind of drifted into that too I felt. 

Is it ok to enjoy a surprise last minute penalty but still hate the big VAR delays and wish the whole thing was quietly forgotten about after next week? (Also: would love to have a transcript of the County player's efforts to unsettle Van Der Veen before the penalty - didn't even merit him seeking them out after the goal, so must have been amateur "the keeper always dives left mate" kind of pish)

I'm loving our entirely neutral effect on the relegation battle BTW - if we beat all the contenders, who goes down is nothing to do with us.