The Guess Who I Just Met Thread

Went to take a look a Jimmy Page's house in Kensington. Joked on the way there that, knowing our luck, we'd run into (his neighbour) Robbie Wiilliams rather than Page.

Sure enough, we're loitering across the street when the obligatory black 4x4 drives up and Robbie Williams bounces out of it and off through his garden gate.

9 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Bobby Gillespie of Primal Scream fame.  He was sitting in the expensive section of the Eurostar reading the Grauniad and drinking red wine.   He wore precisely the kind of shirt you’d expect him to wear.

So...that seems to be at least three of us that have (sort of) met Bobby Gillespie.

Maybe we've all met him at some point ?

I recently finished reading his autobiography, and realised that I'd actually met him years before and had just forgotten. He seemed to be a decent chap.

I once passed Ronnie Browne in the Central Library in Edinburgh 

I didn't see what book he was taking back though

I was taking a kilt that I'd hired back to Slaters a few weeks ago. I heard a guy and a women taking some political pish. Looked around and saw Nipper Salmond buying a suit.

Me and my wife got into the lift at the Marriott in Glasgow a good few years ago and just before the doors closed Alex Salmond got in. He's huge. Also used to see George Galloway every schoolday for five years late 60s/early 70s.

On 14/05/2023 at 21:03, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Alan Rough was in front of me in the queue in B & Q in Cumbernauld yesterday. I was buying a cheap grass stimmer for my small garden and he was buying a large expensive looking lawn mower. He had to transport it on a flat bed trolley and I could just carry my purchase. It made me feel rather inadequate to be honest. I did not apprach him.

Who have you met in unusual circumstances and how ordinary were they?

Your topic is misleading. Should be called which minor celeb or ex-footballer did you meet years back.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Me and my wife got into the lift at the Marriott in Glasgow a good few years ago and just before the doors closed Alex Salmond got in. He's huge. Also used to see George Galloway every schoolday for five years late 60s/early 70s.

I was once in a lift with a very famous female musician who was married to an another very famous musician who is now dead. This was in Glasgow. 

9 hours ago, Black Pennel said:

So...that seems to be at least three of us that have (sort of) met Bobby Gillespie.

Maybe we've all met him at some point ?

I recently finished reading his autobiography, and realised that I'd actually met him years before and had just forgotten. He seemed to be a decent chap.

I met him in Bez's Acid House tent at Glastonbury about ten years ago. I was out my tree but I imagine he was as well 

35 minutes ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

You're either talking about Yoko Ono or Courtney Love here...

I met Yoko just outside The Dakota Building and she said good morning to me. I was going there to take a photo. I should have asked her where exactly her husband was shot, so I could get the right picture, but she was away before I thought of it.

I see Joe Wilkinson most mornings on my way to work, does a lot of running. Lovely beard.

ETA 

Also Greg McHugh had an office in the same block as my work, a really nice bloke. 

Edited by LondonHMFC

On 14/05/2023 at 22:03, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Alan Rough was in front of me in the queue in B & Q in Cumbernauld yesterday. I was buying a cheap grass stimmer for my small garden and he was buying a large expensive looking lawn mower. He had to transport it on a flat bed trolley and I could just carry my purchase. It made me feel rather inadequate to be honest. I did not apprach him.

Who have you met in unusual circumstances and how ordinary were they?

Did he not get accused of stealing ham once?

2 hours ago, tongue_tied_danny said:

You're either talking about Yoko Ono or Courtney Love here...

I was thinking Lulu until he dropped the American bombshell.

47 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Did he not get accused of stealing ham once?

You're thinking of @supermik.

Or was that cheese?