League 1 playoff final: Annan vs Clyde/ Clyde vs Annan

Not disputing the result last night, Annan deserved it. However, some of the refereeing last night was incredible.

An example, two minutes added time? Kennedy had treatment from the physio for a couple of minutes as well as the longest goal celebration I've seen in 45 years of watching football.

Not to mention Annan's constant time wasting which is absolutely understandable but shouldn't have been rewarded by the referee.

No complaint about the score but I thought it was worth commenting on.

12 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Not disputing the result last night, Annan deserved it. However, some of the refereeing last night was incredible.

An example, two minutes added time? Kennedy had treatment from the physio for a couple of minutes as well as the longest goal celebration I've seen in 45 years of watching football.

Not to mention Annan's constant time wasting which is absolutely understandable but shouldn't have been rewarded by the referee.

Thought the ref had a bit of a shocker, not sure who it was and if he's a highly ranked ref but if he is, says a lot of about how poor our referee standard is. Obviously it's sour grapes from me about the time wasting and whatnot, but he had a word with Fleming just before half time and seemed to signal there'd be no more, and then just let them away with it for most of the second half too. I think only Gibson got a booking for time wasting in the second half at 81 minutes? 6 minutes added in the first due to the injury but only 2 in the second half was an absolute farce.

Not just against Clyde mind, it looked a penalty at the end instead of a free kick and there was a double foul from McLean and one slide from Sula that both looked like yellows he didn't even give a foul for.

Not that it'd matter because we're so toothless upfront. I hope the money we got for Allan was worth it, how much are we going to lose in attendances next season by being in L2.

All the best to Quitongo, he was playing very well in that first half and looked like he gave a f**k, noticeably more than the others when Quitongo has barely featured since January.

I'm not a fan particularly of Colin Steven but he got pretty much nothing wrong last night. Certainly nothing of any consequence.

Kennedy had a bit of treatment. Minute maybe. Clyde made no subs (because they couldnt). Annan made only one - if they'd been truly time wasting they'd have made three. The goal celebration was about a minute or so. Two minutes wasnt far wrong. Game was dead and buried anyway.  I thought the Gibson booking was slightly harsh but I doubt he cares. Fleming took an age to pick the ball up until forced to but ball's in play when he's doing that. Ref cant add time for it. He can only add time for time wasted on a dead ball.

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm not a fan particularly of Colin Steven but he got pretty much nothing wrong last night. Certainly nothing of any consequence.

Kennedy had a bit of treatment. Minute maybe. Clyde made no subs (because they couldnt). Annan made only one - if they'd been truly time wasting they'd have made three. The goal celebration was about a minute or so. Two minutes wasnt far wrong. Game was dead and buried anyway.  I thought the Gibson booking was slightly harsh but I doubt he cares. Fleming took an age to pick the ball up until forced to but ball's in play when he's doing that. Ref cant add time for it. He can only add time for time wasted on a dead ball.

The ball went out of play a considerable amount of times and a few times on the far side behind the tiny stand requiring a new ball, 2 or 3 times the Annan players passed the ball between 2 or 3 of them before it got to the throw-in taker. Same at goal kicks. 3 or 4 minutes should've been added at least IMO.

It's petty and wouldn't have changed much, but it was incredibly frustrating before they scored.

That injury happened almost directly in front of me at the game last night and I can safely say it’s one of the worst things I’ve ever seen or heard at a game in almost 30 years of watching football.

All of the players - Clyde and Annan - within 20 or 30 yards of him knew straight away it was a horrendous injury, you could tell that by all their reactions, as did the vast majority of the Clyde fans, not sure how clear it was further down the stand for the Annan fans.

Can’t really remember what happened in-between that and Gibson reacting to some of our crowd tbh or why he reacted but it certainly wasn’t anything to do with Quitongo’s injury.

Anyway, I hope Rico makes a speedy and full recovery and there’s no long term damage there.

https://www.clydefc.co.uk/news/2023/05/rico-undergoes-surgery/

I completely missed why it kicked off at the dugouts however I had no ill feeling to Gibson about Rico as he right away signaled for the medical staff more urgently that those fucking arseholes employed by the SFA did. 

For anyone interested, Rico has successfully had his operation which is far better to be discussed over who said what. Some things are more important. 

I have to agree with Bullyweestonehouse. Was right infront of me as well and I can only describe the noise as a gunshot as his bone snap. Was truly horrific. 

On 20/05/2023 at 13:29, haufdaft said:

You forgot to mention the penalty Annan should have had in the second half. 

1 hour ago, marco44 said:

You forgot to mention the penalty Annan should have had in the second half. 

100 % stone wall penalty. Spectators have always viewed a game of football differently and always will.