League 1 playoff final: Annan vs Clyde/ Clyde vs Annan

Fully bellieve we will be getting relegated tomorrow night. Expect (as many have said above) a full repeat of the first final 4 years ago, but worse. 90 minutes of anti-football, time wasting and faking injuries so they can go up. I mean if it gets the job done...  

Also the board trying to attract more fans to this game to support the team, 2 things, 

1) Being a 25 min drive away in Hamilton for a home game, has been all season, a pain in the arse. 

2) £17 for a game that will seal what direction our club heads in for the next few years is a complete an utter joke. Should be blanket £10 a skull to get as many in as possible. Ripping off the fans again. Also don't bother buying a pie at the stadium, had a heart attack last week when the girl asked for £4 (four great British pounds) for a pie?! Club is full of penny pinching robbing bstards. 

f**k Annan. The bully wee. 

3 hours ago, annan4eva said:

You’re funny,of all the teams to dislike Annan FFS ?

Yeah, I forgot - Scottish lower league football is a giant love in with everyone holding hands and singing I’d like to teach the world to sing and not a seething cauldron of hate

1 hour ago, TamClyde said:

1) Being a 25 min drive away in Hamilton for a home game, has been all season, a pain in the arse. 

I know the feeling mate, being a 67 miles each way drive away for home games for the past 34 years has been a pain in the arse ... mind you, self inflicted in my case ... 😵‍💫

On 16/05/2023 at 23:51, Walk Glasgow said:

Oh well, let's be optimistic and plan ahead for next campaign. If Albion Rovers get relegated to the 5th tier on Saturday they are sure to release their worst players. So let's get in quick before Dukla Pumpherston snaps them up.

Lets pull off a surprise by playing sula  and thicot up front, even JBH as an outfield player

1 hour ago, TamClyde said:

Fully bellieve we will be getting relegated tomorrow night. Expect (as many have said above) a full repeat of the first final 4 years ago, but worse. 90 minutes of anti-football, time wasting and faking injuries so they can go up. I mean if it gets the job done...  

Also the board trying to attract more fans to this game to support the team, 2 things, 

2) £17 for a game that will seal what direction our club heads in for the next few years is a complete an utter joke. Should be blanket £10 a skull to get as many in as possible. Ripping off the fans again. Also don't bother buying a pie at the stadium, had a heart attack last week when the girl asked for £4 (four great British pounds) for a pie?! Club is full of penny pinching robbing bstards. 

f**k Annan. The bully wee. 

Annan’s tactics tomorrow will be frustrating to say the least, but I’d be wanting us to do the exact same if the roles were reversed. It’s not their fault we’re in this mess - can’t blame them for taking full advantage. 

I agree broadly about the admission price tomorrow, especially given we’re going into the game pretty much dead and buried but I think we’ve got more to worry about than the price Hamilton Accies charge for pies. 

25 minutes ago, clyde_r_us said:

Lets pull off a surprise by playing sula  and thicot up front, even JBH as an outfield player

In all seriousness, Sula and Thicot up front would be just as, if not more, effective that our current front line. 

1 hour ago, ScottR96 said:

Annan’s tactics tomorrow will be frustrating to say the least, but I’d be wanting us to do the exact same if the roles were reversed. It’s not their fault we’re in this mess - can’t blame them for taking full advantage. 

I agree broadly about the admission price tomorrow, especially given we’re going into the game pretty much dead and buried but I think we’ve got more to worry about than the price Hamilton Accies charge for pies. 

I agree Annan will probably be doing everything and anything to time waste and frustrate us but I'm hoping they do as it might just be enough to spur our lot into action. If we score one (particularly early on) it's very much game ON. 

I only hope our players give it their all from the first to last whistle. I'm not expecting great football but please just give it a right good go if nothing else. 

Mon the Bully!!!

22 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

All this "waahhh everyone is laughing at us" pish is embarrassing and just wrong.

In your clearly in depth study of world football, what's your take on the Argentinian top flight? Where only the clubs with the lowest 3 year average get relegated? Now THAT'S done for a reason.

How about the MLS, with, err, zero promotion places available?

Would you see anyone copy the Argentine format, I think not. I personally think change is a good thing in the leagues, especially when you play each other 4 times a season.

Are you classing the MLS as a real proper football league ?

It's a league where players over 30 go to retire from the game and they call it soccer too 😶😶

22 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

A league in Australia has no relegation, either and only 12 teams in the league.

See MLS above regarding Oz soccer

2 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

Pie price was just a general point that really just pisses me off. absoute cheek for the state of it.

12 hours ago, MrDust said:

Would you see anyone copy the Argentine format, I think not. I personally think change is a good thing in the leagues, especially when you play each other 4 times a season.

Are you classing the MLS as a real proper football league ?

It's a league where players over 30 go to retire from the game and they call it soccer too 😶😶

See MLS above regarding Oz soccer

The ones that go to the A league to retire aren’t normally near the standard of players who go to the MLS for the same reason!

Wish it was 10 to 10 tonight!! So nervous but quietly confident. 

Clyde will have to come out and this should leave them more open at the back .

Prediction.  Clyde 0- Annan 2 ( Wallace , Johnstone) . Mon th Annan!!!

4 minutes ago, Hauftimedraw said:

Wish it was 10 to 10 tonight!! So nervous but quietly confident. 

Clyde will have to come out and this should leave them more open at the back .

Prediction.  Clyde 0- Annan 2 ( Wallace , Johnstone) . Mon th Annan!!!

Clyde will have to come out? Have you heard of Duffyball? Also this is a team that's scored 35 goals in 36 games (it also feels that we scored about 35 own goals last season)

9 minutes ago, Johnny Worm said:

Also this is a team that's scored 35 goals in 36 games ...

FFS ... and 6 of those were against Queens, and 4 in one bloody game, sums up our woeful season. Roll on next season.