League 1 playoff final: Annan vs Clyde/ Clyde vs Annan

10 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Might be in the minority here but hope Clyde win through. I just don't get the apparent love-in between QoS and Annan tbh. 

Not sure its a "love-in", probably more down to geography and the rather unique (in our case) opportunity to have another side in our league that's less than 20 miles down the road.  Then there's the potential for some added interest crowd-wise (for the games at Annan anyway if Queens are half decent next season) and of course Annan usually have a few ex QOS players in their squad who will no doubt relish putting one over on their former employers.  So the games will have something that the Clyde games won't.  Clyde suits me though at only 7 miles doon the hill.

2 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Not sure its a "love-in", probably more down to geography and the rather unique (in our case) opportunity to have another side in our league that's less than 20 miles down the road.  Then there's the potential for some added interest crowd-wise (for the games at Annan anyway if Queens are half decent next season) and of course Annan usually have a few ex QOS players in their squad who will no doubt relish putting one over on their former employers.  So the games will have something that the Clyde games won't.  Clyde suits me though at only 7 miles doon the hill.

This.  Absolutely no love-in at all, I’d rather just have 2 “derby” games at Galabank with us taking a big support than another 2 visits to soulless Hamilton.

On 15/05/2023 at 11:23, Brian Carrigan said:

So he needs to be played up top to keep him in and around the penalty box. He's much more of a goal threat and generally just a much better player than Doherty.

I swear, only a Clyde fan could want the player who literally scored 100% of our goals over both ties to get dropped for the next game. You must have seen the difference Rennie made when he came on. An absolutely unhinged take.

It’s hardly an unhinged take to suggest a guy who busts a gut for the team is a preferred choice to a guy who looks like he can’t be arsed being there but managed to score a couple of tap ins. All about opinions though I suppose. 

2 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

It’s hardly an unhinged take to suggest a guy who busts a gut for the team is a preferred choice to a guy who looks like he can’t be arsed being there but managed to score a couple of tap ins. All about opinions though I suppose. 

I honestly do not see Doherty 'busting a gut'. I would like to think what we've seen of him so far isn't him bursting a gut because we're in more trouble than I thought for next season. He looks laboured. Martin Rennie is a better player than Doherty with a much higher output in terms of goal contributions per game. I'm really not sure how else to put it.

On 15/05/2023 at 12:04, the_bully_wee said:

I'm sure the general approach to shithousery is vastly different now, with [checks notes] the same manager and half the same players in place.

Only a few hours left for Duffy to become PEP ?

1 hour ago, marco44 said:

It will be interesting to see how Clyde defence copes with Top goal scorer Tommy Goss over the two games. 

Fair play to Goss, that is a brilliant return.

It'll be interesting to see how McLean and Sula cope with him. I don't see Duffy bringing in a third centre half at this point and given that it'd likely be a semi-fit, mostly immobile Ryan McGeever, I'm not sure what good it'd do if he did.

6 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Might be in the minority here but hope Clyde win through. I just don't get the apparent love-in between QoS and Annan tbh. 

As others have said, I have absolutely no love for Annan but the geography makes it a no-brainer for us wanting them to come up. They won't bring thousands to Palmerston but they'll certainly bring more than Clyde. 

If they come up (which I hope they do), I'll absolutely want them to get relegated next season (providing we make an actual attempt at promotion). 

2 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

How has Chris Johnston performed this season for Annan? Always felt he had much more potential than he showed with us.

On his game fantastic ,been greatly helped with the experience of Wullie Gibson.

Higher percentage of good games than bad games this year.

Buzzing for tonight's game as been waiting four years for this rematch.  Haven't seen Clyde this season but IMHO Annan are a better team than the 2019 version. Goals throughout the team and a genuine striker in Tommy Goss. Hope we are able to sign Reece Lyon permanently as he has come in and filled Moxons position capably. Won't be another 6-0 but if we come through the two legs as winners I won't give a flying f**k.

PS this posting in the league one forum just feels so right!!

Game too far for us I think injuries killing us id say. Still fingers crossed we are still in it on Friday, as I said before given league performances till around 8 weeks ago could never have foreseen us in a playoff place let alone the final games! Bonus being here tbh.