Annan- are we good enough to go up!

13 minutes ago, Solway Star said:

Yes is the answer. Playing very well and have a good team and set up. Absolutely hammered Dumbarton at Annan

I really hope you absolutely hammer Clyde as well!

Good guys against, well, them!

Seriously you deserve to go up after coming so close last year!  Best of luck! 👍

Yes. Got very close last year with the difference being a tremendous goalkeeping performance from Brian Schwake and a screamer goal from Innes Murray. Kept most of the squad together with a few good additions and remained strong despite losing main man Owen Moxon, who was one of the leading players in England's League Two this season.

Peter Murphy deserves enormous credit. If promotion is secured, Annan will need to strengthen, but these players and the staff have earned their right for the step up.

Hopefully the Clyde game at Galabank starts the same way the Dumbarton one did, come out flying and leave them shell-shocked before Duffy's gameplan gets a chance to kick in.

Are you good enough?  I  don't know, but you're the only League 2 team left in with a shot.  I hope the answer is yes and good luck to you. Definitely a scary side to come up against, that much I do know.

32 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

Are you good enough?  I  don't know, but you're the only League 2 team left in with a shot.  I hope the answer is yes and good luck to you. Definitely a scary side to come up against, that much I do know.

Scary in what way ?

You don't have to be very good to get out of this league that's for sure. 22 points off top of the league and still a chance of promotion would highlight that.

You have to think Annan won't get a better chance though against a woeful Clyde side. Surely Goss, Smith etc aren't staying for another season in league two so promotion will be the only chance of keeping these guys although you suspect they will be away anyway

Good luck anyway but I selfishly don't want to lose Annan as an away day to be replaced by wherever Clyde are playing. Grim.

On 15/05/2023 at 07:30, Neilly said:

Good luck anyway but I selfishly don't want to lose Annan as an away day to be replaced by wherever Clyde are playing. Grim.

Same here, but in reverse!

I Very much hope Annan do the business and see off Clyde!

I'd love to see Annan come up to League one, as you say a good away day, plus they deserve it.

Whereas EVERYTHING about playing Clyde FC is grim...

Hopefully, at least 3-0 Annan tonight!

The answer is still yes. We can certainly play a lot better than last night! 
Still only half time but we can do it. Clyde will have to come for us but 

Peter Murphy will have Annan more than ready. Onwards and upwards!

16 minutes ago, Solway Star said:

The answer is still yes. We can certainly play a lot better than last night! 
Still only half time but we can do it. Clyde will have to come for us but 

Peter Murphy will have Annan more than ready. Onwards and upwards!

As long as we don’t sit back and waste time trying to protect our lead like the last time we played Clyde in the playoffs. 
Im confident we will do the business on Friday 

It would take a brave man to bet against Annan not scoring on Friday. The fact they managed to score three last night despite not playing all that well kind of speaks volumes about the threat they have. You could see them growing in confidence and belief as the game went on, and (you'd imagine) they'll start like that, rather than starting like they did last night where they were timid and panicked.

I cannot see that Clyde team scoring three in 90 minutes - unless Salkeld, Cunningham and Doherty are all back and all turn in really strong performances. Losing that late third was an absolute killer for them imo.