Airdrie v Hamilton Playoff Final 1st leg

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

McCabe and Fordyce seem like decent guys as well, so it's good to see them doing well. 

Appreciated. This feels like  a nose bleed moment for us.. We have been here so many times  and now we need to deliver at a higher level. Not sure quite how it will work out.

1 hour ago, MazzyStar said:

Fair play to Clydebank for getting back to the second tier for the first time since 2000. 

This doesn't actually make sense given that the current Airdrieonians, whatever you think of them, played in the second tier from 2004-2007, again from 2008-2010 and then also in 2012/13.

Went along to this one as a neutral today. Really entertaining match for a neutral, but not one I'd like to watch my own team go through. Thought Hamilton struggled up until they scored (which was a really good move on the break) and then kicked on after that. Passed up a great chance to bury the game at 2-0. Will need to see Airdrie's goal back, but thought Hamilton were wide open in the build-up and at a stage in the match where a bit more game management might have seen the job through.

Thought Tumility (until he got booked and subsequently subbed) showed up well for Accies, as did Martin, who still seemed to be getting about everywhere in extra time. Frizzell and Telfer linked up well for Airdrie in the first half. McCabe put in a shift too. Be interesting to see how big a turnaround there now is for both squads.

13 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Airdrie's under 90 mins away so that hasnt changed. 

Granted I got a clean run and wasnt exactly legal the whole way but I got back from Hamilton in 62 mins last night. 

McCabe and Fordyce both good guys, pleased for them. To be fair, as much as they never beat us, their first 45 mins at Palmerston was the best anyone played against us all season. Including all the cups.

Indeed. I was going to say "just over an hour away" but would have took longer. Though I've now had to take even more time and you knew what I meant anyway ;)

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

We did well against Airdrie this season and are usually shite at NDP so it's a shitter from that point of view. But Hamilton coming down means we have 4 away games under 90 minutes away. That bit pleases me given how rare it is. 

Well done Airdrie. Were never any great shakes against us but you dished out some skelpings this season for sure. McCabe and Fordyce seem like decent guys as well, so it's good to see them doing well. 

QOTS toughest team we played this year for me. Think yous could be potential league winners next season. Best of luck 👍

35 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

This doesn't actually make sense given that the current Airdrieonians, whatever you think of them, played in the second tier from 2004-2007, again from 2008-2010 and then also in 2012/13.

Granted, but it was literally all he had.

38 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I wish I cared, but I really don’t. 

40 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

I wish I cared, but I really don’t. 

And yet here you are.

Doing a really very good impersonation of someone who cares.

Glad you set the record straight or, well people would have thought you cared.

Just between us, you do though don’t you. You care.

1 hour ago, Brummo said:

Well done Airdrie. You really have kicked on this season and thoroughly deserve your promotion.

Though Clyde have gone, we still get to visit New Douglas Park, how good is that?

Surely not?

How far have we fallen? I thought you chumps were Div3 

9 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

And no doubt you'll still be waiting here patiently to give us our standard 12 points.

I see counting and humility work hand in hand with you. My abacus has us with 5 points in the league against you and you got the same.