Airdrie v Hamilton Playoff Final 1st leg

13 minutes ago, D-Fens Foster said:

I’m even getting a half bottle of the monks brew and some cans for this tonight.
I am representing Lanarkshire in a proper way.

May the best Motherwell haters win. 

That’s us, and you know it 😂

20 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

That’s us, and you know it 😂

5 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Morgan Freeman Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Aye, for all they try to generate some form of rivalry Hamilton are just very, very meh. You lot, on the other hand were real adversaries back in the day. Would be good if you could get back to a level where that could be rekindled for a real regular derby. My betbuilder will include you at -2 goals handicap so you better perform, ya dirty Airdrie bast*rds!!

24 minutes ago, 'WellDel said:

Aye, for all they try to generate some form of rivalry Hamilton are just very, very meh. You lot, on the other hand were real adversaries back in the day. Would be good if you could get back to a level where that could be rekindled for a real regular derby. My betbuilder will include you at -2 goals handicap so you better perform, ya dirty Airdrie bast*rds!!

Genuine question, given we dished out a good few pumpings to Motherwell (and had a decent record against you in recent times), what more would we have had to do to be classed as "real adversaries?"

Edited by Todd_is_God

4 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Genuine question, given we dished out a good few pumpings to Motherwell (and had a decent record against you in recent times), what more would we have had to do to be classed as "real adversaries?"

I think for younger Well fans Accies is probably the derby but Well fans of a certain age will always see Accies as the wee team fae doon the road. 
Was i livid the times you lot handed our arse to us ? Absolutely but i was angry in the way I would be if any other top flight team pumped us 🤷‍♂️

20 minutes ago, Todd_is_God said:

Honestly hard to put a finger on it, but games vs you just never seem to generate the same intensity or emotion there used to be when we played Airdrie. Possibly because most of that was back in the days when we still had terracing and the more vociferous supporters had only a mesh fence separating them which generated a more boisterous, hostile and charged atmosphere.

Player wise, Dougie Imrie was more of a pantomime villain laughed at for all the shitey pants patter etc, Airdrie had the likes of Jimmy Sandison - cnuts you could really hate!!