Owen Coyle - The Biggest Fraud in Scottish Football?

Owen Coyle: The Biggest Fraud in Scottish Football?  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

One of my favourite things about our first season in the Championship has been fans of allegedly bigger clubs who claim they don't care about us, but then proving at absolutely every given opportunity that they do, a lot.

12 hours ago, Fifespud said:

Despite the sweetie man pumping in millions Morten finished nearer the seaside leagues than the premier most seasons he was there. That’s more fraudulent in my opinion. 
Plus Morten invented administration for football clubs. 

Wouldn't say that was a case of being fraudulent, more so heart on sleeve stupidity and running it like it was his toy.

A Dundee fan spouting jibes about administration is a bit of a minter IMO.

16 minutes ago, Leicesterlichtie said:

Just done the same and agree with you. Even some of the Dundee figures look suspect.

I think we can all agree it’s complete shite- it lists our co-captains Ross Matthews and Scott Brown as being on £17k a year each. 
They’d get more stacking shelves in Asda so anyone who believes a grown adult would play professional football for such a pittance needs their head looked at. 

Edited by stevoraith

I don't know if I've ever seen a level of rattling quite like the Morton fans are displaying in this thread.

I'd give Owen Coyle a 10 year* contract extension right now purely for the tears he causes amongst opposition fans.

*Or until the money runs out, whichever comes first.

23 minutes ago, Dave said:

I don't know if I've ever seen a level of rattling quite like the Morton fans are displaying in this thread.

I'd give Owen Coyle a 10 year* contract extension right now purely for the tears he causes amongst opposition fans.

Are we as Morton fans rattled or do we just not like the guy and recognise that he's not up to the standard he's made out to be by the media? He's allowed a team top of the league to absolutely chuck it over the last 6-8 weeks and hasn't figured out how to stop the rot. If that was the majority of other managers in the league(s) there would be serious questions asked. 

Edited by Janne Lindberg's Laces

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

You won the league so you’d have to say you met your budget expectations.

Then again, so did The Rangers in League Two.

2 hours ago, Dave said:

No one has been rattled more this season than Owen Coyle. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

No one has been rattled more this season than Owen Coyle. 

Aside from fans of every club other than Queen's Park a) even taking the time to listen to him in the first place, and b) actually caring about what he says.

1 minute ago, Dunning1874 said:

Brian Rice making a strong case for inclusion here.

I keep meaning to dig up your preseason James McPake prediction. Looking forward to him and Dougie Imrie clashing next season. McPake is a very angry man.

Just now, Shandon Par said:

I keep meaning to dig up your preseason James McPake prediction. Looking forward to him and Dougie Imrie clashing next season. McPake is a very angry man.

Yes, my League One predictions were very, very bad. Now to find out if McPake is another Allan Johnston type who will always steamroller League One but be dreadful at higher levels, or if he's actually improved and turned into a good manager.

I don't really understand why Owen Coyle keeps being considered as a top manager.  Looking at his record over the years it's not exactly remarkable.  Yes he managed in "The Barclays" but that was a long time ago AND he got Bolton relegated.  What has he done of note since he got Burnley promoted in like 2009?

Edited by senorsoupe

48 minutes ago, Dave said:

Aside from fans of every club other than Queen's Park a) even taking the time to listen to him in the first place, and b) actually caring about what he says.

Nah it’s still wee Owen. 

35 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Yes, my League One predictions were very, very bad. Now to find out if McPake is another Allan Johnston type who will always steamroller League One but be dreadful at higher levels, or if he's actually improved and turned into a good manager.

Even McPake and his players say Airdrie are the best team in our league. We’re just very good at not losing. Dave MacKay appears to be the brains of the operation and does all the opposition scouting and tactics stuff.