Partick v Ayr/Ayr v Partick - Semi Final

Flung my phone into the Chesapeake Bay after the first goal went in. So now, I have no internet and can't post about how this team is just utter shitebags or, how we need a whole new starting 11 and manager in the summer

Edited by mugen_power

not to be outdone by Steven Lawless doing his best Messi impression over the last few games, I'm a big fan of Aero deciding to roleplay as Sergio Ramos.

Fitzpatrick might have been MotM for me, some brilliant deliveries and unlucky not to score at McMillan's goal. Breezed into space/past the full back multiple times.

First viewing it *looked like* Akinyemi had swung a punch (hard to explain but the motion of it looked like a right hook), and I suspect the reaction from Muirhead has fooled the referee into thinking that's what happened??

https://twitter.com/BBCSportScot/status/1662176125831790603?t=FxzUyg-LHGilOLwqJ1voFQ&s=19

im not a lipreader but i think thats what Holt says and all, he's asking Dipo something like "is that a punch mate" and then at the end it looks like he says "aye ye fuckin punched him"

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

2 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

A good old fashioned pumping. Lovely stuff.

Purely out of interest, does anyone know the highest aggregate win in Scottish playoff history? 

John McGlynn is very very thankful.

5 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

not to be outdone by Steven Lawless doing his best Messi impression over the last few games, I'm a big fan of Aero deciding to roleplay as Sergio Ramos.

Fitzpatrick might have been MotM for me, some brilliant deliveries and unlucky not to score at McMillan's goal. Breezed into space/past the full back multiple times.

First viewing it *looked like* Akinyemi had swung a punch (hard to explain but the motion of it looked like a right hook), and I suspect the reaction from Muirhead has fooled the referee into thinking that's what happened??

https://twitter.com/BBCSportScot/status/1662176125831790603?t=FxzUyg-LHGilOLwqJ1voFQ&s=19

im not a lipreader but i think thats what Holt says and all, he's asking Dipo something like "is that a punch mate" and then at the end it looks like he says "aye ye fuckin punched him"

Akinyemi is an idiot, it's hardly a surprise to be red-carded if you land a right hook on someone. Brilliant shithousery from Muirhead, and Akinyemi has completely fallen for it.

Edited by milhouse

13 minutes ago, milhouse said:

Akinyemi is an idiot, it's hardly a surprise to be red-carded if you land a right hook on someone. Brilliant shithousery from Muirhead, and Akinyemi has completely fallen for it.

Which would be fine if it was a right hook, but it wasn't. He pushed him away with his forearm. There was no clenched fist and contact was not on the head. Guidance to refs is clenched fist is red. Contact with force to the head is red. Neither was the case. Yellow card to both and an absolute bollocking would have sufficed. 

Well done to Thistle and good luck in the final. Shone a very bright light on Ayr's deficiencies in both games - full backs unable to prevent crosses, no real leader to organise and motivate, a midfield that isn't up to the job and a serious lack of plan B when plan A of shelling it long to Dipo and hope he does something, isn't working- and your front three plus Lawless are a handful. You'll score plenty but a better team than Ayr, (or Ross County or Kilmarnock for that matter) might cause your defence some problems.

32 minutes ago, yorkshirepud said:

Contact with force to the head is red. Neither was the case.  

Appreciate it's a still and everything, but this to me shows at least some level of contact with the head and Akinyemi clearly does move his arm pretty quickly. I'm a lot more on the fence on the red than I was last night. At the very least you can sympathise with Steven although I always think in games like this the threshold should be a bit higher. 

IMG-20230526-WA0030.jpg

Edited by Virtual Insanity

10 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Well this is a bit pish.

I'm not remotely fussy about who wins.  Thistle obviously started tonight very much in the driving seat, but a cracking, mainly standing, crowd, in an old fashioned four sided ground, on a beautiful night meant it had the potential to get interesting if Ayr could get in front.

However, the early Thistle goal was enough to kill it, even before the sending off and second goal.

It's a pity.

I, too, was hoping for an early Ayr goal to make it "interesting", but, as you say, the stupid red and the second goal finished it off completely before half time. Mind you the early Thistle goal more or less killed it off, anyway.

After that Thistle looked like they could score at will - which they practically did. They must fancy their chances for the final, although they probably won't be up against defences as porous as Queen's' and Ayr's.

Well done Thistle thoroughly deserved ,damage was done first leg and then early goal last night killed it , sending off was a joke that ref has some  serious wee man issues , great crowd there last night , 10000 at a Dunfermline Falkirk game in League 1 this season let's get the top league an 18 team league ffs playing each other twice 

8 squid….felt like a leisurely training session at the end but will need to be much ,much sharper and tighter in midfield come next week.Having Bannigan back will help Doc but leaves the conundrum of leaving either Turner or Fitzpatrick out .Would be tempted to go with same starting 11 but worried a tad about our midfield.

Re big Dipo ,I get the feeling he was perhaps not 100% fit with obvious bouts of frustrated tetchyness  before and leading up to his stonewall red.Shame, as the game was really over as a spectacle at that stage.

Edited by I Clavdivs

13 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Can footballers fucking stop saying ‘listen’ before they reply to a question.

13 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

That's fucking annoyed me for years.

13 hours ago, jagfox said:

Basically, no.

8 hours ago, Sick in the Basin said:

Almost as bad as he’s a “top top” player 🤦‍♂️

I’d normally completely agree, but you have to expect that sort of nonsense when we’ve reached “the business end of the season”…….

🙄

10 hours ago, NFL12 said:

I know Partick thistle never played to their full potential tonight but to describe them as “pathetc shitebags” is a bit strong. Hahah.

10 hours ago, TONTROOPER said:

Ahem ... I think you'll find he was referring to his own team?

Superman and the Joke GIF | Whoosh / You Missed the Joke | Know Your Meme

10 hours ago, Crawford said:

Partick should absolutely destroy county so would this make them the first 4th placed team to gain promotion to the premiership?

The first 4th placed team to even win the first round in this playoff format.