Partick v Ayr/Ayr v Partick - Semi Final

1 minute ago, velo army said:

I know naturally Tiffoney will get praise for scoring his two goals, but Kyle Turner has been an absolute standout over this playoff period. Always seems comfortable on the ball, always finds or creates space for himself. A lovely, lovely player.

I agree. Turner is a clever footballer with youth on his side.

Scott Tiffoney is a former Morton player ..3/4 seasons ago...he's probably at his zenith right now...

Tiffoneys career progression is totally dependant on the play-off.

Turner?....... bigger clubs queing up for him already.

16 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Akinyemi didn’t hit Muirhead hard enough. 

That was the annoying thing all he did was push him booking all day long.

Muirhead went down holding his face to try and get him sent off got to expect that from him a horrible footballer and man .

6 minutes ago, Greenacres said:

That was the annoying thing all he did was push him booking all day long.

Muirhead went down holding his face to try and get him sent off got to expect that from him a horrible footballer and man .

Muirhead has previous.

Head butt in the Ramsden final approx 10 years ago.

Over the two legs we more than deserved it. Bit like the last few games didn't think we started that well in the first 5 minutes or so, but seemed to create a good chance and get a goal which settled us and controlled from there. The still pictures floating around on this thread haven't changed my view that it wasn't a red card, a yellow for both Aero and Akinyemi should've been dished out. Appears that there was a stamp later on, on Fitzpatrick from an Ayr boy (McAllister?) and that far more warranted an early bath than the one which did stand. Played the 2nd half like a training game and if Anton Dowds had the shooting boots on it could've been 6 or 7 on the night with us not really breaking a sweat. Fair play to the Ayr fans that stayed. 

Doolan has done some job since coming in, an undisputed legend prior to his appointment as manager but could just further that even more if he manages to win the next tie and take us up, he's been especially brilliant given he was thrust into this job with no prep & no experience, and obviously the recent sad news about his father's illness and passing as well, absolute hero. 

1 hour ago, jagfox said:

For all the 15 goals scored in the 4 playoff games so far, we could be on the end of a similar hounding next week.

Glass half full, aye?

15 minutes ago, JagsCG said:

Over the two legs we more than deserved it. Bit like the last few games didn't think we started that well in the first 5 minutes or so, but seemed to create a good chance and get a goal which settled us and controlled from there. The still pictures floating around on this thread haven't changed my view that it wasn't a red card, a yellow for both Aero and Akinyemi should've been dished out. Appears that there was a stamp later on, on Fitzpatrick from an Ayr boy (McAllister?) and that far more warranted an early bath than the one which did stand. Played the 2nd half like a training game and if Anton Dowds had the shooting boots on it could've been 6 or 7 on the night with us not really breaking a sweat. Fair play to the Ayr fans that stayed. 

Doolan has done some job since coming in, an undisputed legend prior to his appointment as manager but could just further that even more if he manages to win the next tie and take us up, he's been especially brilliant given he was thrust into this job with no prep & no experience, and obviously the recent sad news about his father's illness and passing as well, absolute hero. 

His Dad passed? I didn't know that. I know how I felt when my Dad passed last year - it destroyed me. How anyone can think of anything else, I've no idea. I admired Doolan for what he's achieved - but he just went up another level.

Edited by Chippyminton

11 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

His Dad passed? I didn't know that. I know how I felt when my Dad passed last year - it destroyed me. How anyone can think of anything else, I've no idea. I admired Doolan for what he's achieved - but he just went up another level.

Yeah, Day before the Queen’s Park 2nd leg, he had been seriously ill and in hospital last few weeks. Whatever happens in next week’s matches, I hope Doolan gets a well earned rest and some time with his family. 

29 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Higgins actually deserved that.

I had some sympathy for Muirhead that time.  

It was an utterly superb headbutt. Not one of those ones you see where he just leans into him, but a proper dunt. It almost made up for losing that game.

Almost.