Partick v Ayr/Ayr v Partick - Semi Final

1 minute ago, TONTROOPER said:

Oh right.... not that Aaron likes the odd head-butt eh?

I don't think the ref will take an incident from 10 years ago into their decision, tbh.

No chance that top flight clubs would base their chance of staying up on a one off game at a neutral venue. They much prefer their cosy second leg home advantage every season.  Typical of Scottish football to reward the side whose had a shit season instead of the one that's had a very good one.  Same for the higher league clubs in every playoff I may add.

7 minutes ago, jagfox said:

It was total "ganesmanship" because that was on the referee's blind-side.

It's like at school where somebody pinches you when the teacher usnt looking, then you react and get in trouble.

The NFL players always say you should get your retaliation in first - the ref will miss it but see the other guy. Happened right there.  Really shit decision. 

Just now, Shodwall cat said:

No chance that top flight clubs would base their chance of staying up on a one off game at a neutral venue. They much prefer their cosy second leg home advantage every season.  Typical of Scottish football to reward the side whose had a shit season instead of the one that's had a very good one.  Same for the higher league clubs in every playoff I may add.

Finishing 11th in the top flight is more of an achievement than finishing fourth in the Championship. 

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Because its a fairer way to do it, particularly if extra time is needed, it makes for a better spectacle and we dont get shenanigans like at Queens Park where people couldnt actually get in for the 2nd leg.

Not the place for that debate though.

Its not meant to be fair. Ayr were 2nd, Thistle were 4th. Ayr deserve any advantage being at home for the 2nd leg gets. All hypothetical of course as this is a pumping

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

Finishing 11th in the top flight is more of an achievement than finishing fourth in the Championship. 

What about finishing fourth in the Championship, then beating 3rd over 2 legs, then beating 2nd over 2 legs?

Had the day aff for this.  Think it would have been a very expensive day if it was tight.  

Just won back the cost of my day out at the zoo with that goal, dunno if I've broke even or I'm up £100+ :lol: