Partick v Ayr/Ayr v Partick - Semi Final

Just now, baba douche said:

No, the raising of rhe hand makes it a red.

This old raising your hand then you have to go off was the shout that always came up about twenty year ago.  You very rarely see players sent off for pushes these days at any level.  Punches, slaps yes but I can't remember the last time I saw someone red carded for a push 

I have absolutely no idea why the BBC pundits have decided violent conduct needs to be to the face. They've just made that up. If he punches him in the shoulder its still violent conduct FFS.

I'm not sure it IS a punch. I'm not sure it isnt either. I cant tell from the footage I've seen if its an open hand or closed fist but its certainly got some force. Anyone who thinks its 'never a red' hasnt seen much football in the last few years. The more I see it the more I think it is. But I still think Muirhead basically dragging him back by the neck should get the same punishment. 

3 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

I’m not even sure it’s a yellow.  Muirhead’s shithousing elevated it from handbags to a red.  Laughable in several ways. 

Actually, he probably deserves a couple of goals, a Tony, and a couple of Brit awards whilst we're at it.

Muppet

Just now, Fuctifano said:

Weirdly, things like that after the whistle have gone have been reffed more leniently in recent years, something like David Beckham at France 1998 very few argued with that at the time, but if it happened now I'm sure it would only be a yellow. 

In fact the incident in your avatar should have seen both players sent off by letter of the law 

Crichton is talking pish, it doesn't matter whether you make contact with the face or the shoulder if its deemed to be violent conduct. 

Yep, it’s the violent conduct thing that referees react to. Whether we like it or not they do. And it’s pish.

Far be it from me to defend Colin Steven, but you can see why he's given it. Akinyemi lashes out and his hand is high. At first glance I thought he'd given Muirhead a straight dig in the chops. 

That said, having seen the replays, particularly the one from the alternative angle, it's definitely not a red card. It's a yellow for the shove, but that's what it is. He's pushing Muirhead away rather than hitting him, and it's not as high as his face or his throat. 

5 minutes ago, baba douche said:

No, the raising of rhe hand makes it a red.

Pretty sure that isn’t a rule but whatever.

Its a shocking decision. Thankfully it hasn’t/isn’t going to have an impact on the result of this.

They just said there that var will be used for the finals. How is that possible at thistles ground? I thought they had to have certain facilities installed or that was certainly the excuse used for why only two of the 4 Scottish cup quarter finals had var. Funny how that's not the case now then it would seem.

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

In what world were Ayr going to score 3 goals without conceding :lol:

I don't think the tie was absolutely dead yet, although it clearly wasn't exactly finely balanced either.

Any slim chance of a spectacle evaporated early though.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

They just said there that var will be used for the finals. How is that possible at thistles ground? I thought they had to have certain facilities installed or that was certainly the excuse used for why only two of the 4 Scottish cup quarter finals had var. Funny how that's not the case now then it would seem.

Isn't the final a one off game at Hampden 

Having seen the replay at HT, I can see why the refs given a red because of Dipo's reaction. Muirhead's shitehousery probably influenced the decision sadly. However, if the ref had blown for a foul earlier for Muirhead's stranglehold then the red doesn't happen.

Didn't matter though, cos the first goal killed the tie.