Partick v Ayr/Ayr v Partick - Semi Final

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Holts natural position is left back. Played there constantly for QOS and Dundee and yourselves last season. Turner is also a central midfielder so not sure what he was doing differently last night compared to the vast majority of his career. 

If Akinyemi plays then it’s a different challenge. Thistle maybe still win but lost our attacks would’ve stuck and it would’ve been a bit closer imo. 

Appreciate the rest of your points here but if you went and asked Kevin Holt he’d strongly disagree with that, he doesn’t particularly like playing LB these days. He’s been a CB since his 2nd stint in Cyprus, played there a lot for us last season too and is much better suited to it tbf. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Holts natural position is left back. Played there constantly for QOS and Dundee and yourselves last season. Turner is also a central midfielder so not sure what he was doing differently last night compared to the vast majority of his career. 

If Akinyemi plays then it’s a different challenge. Thistle maybe still win but lost our attacks would’ve stuck and it would’ve been a bit closer imo. 

Holt can play left back,however,is more comfortable and effective at CB.With no other left back alternatives due to injuries to Milne and Hodson he will stay where he is .Turner has been playing in front of Doc and Banzo for most of season but has had to play beside Doc in Banzo’s absence……again he can do this,however,more natural playing forward .With Banzo back we’ll have a more effective coverage in front of our CBs making it more difficult for any Ayr forward threat .

If yer man is back on Friday there is no doubt what his ,and the rest of Ayr’s ,remit will be .However,the harder they press to claw back a three goal deficit the easier it will be for our currently free scoring forwards to score at will .

11 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

To be fair on Aero and Brownlie they both put in a shift last night by clearing their lines without too much fuss or flap .

I accept this point but I think any thistle fan who thinks that both aren’t a bit of a worry going forward is slightly naive. Nothing against either but both have mistakes in them and I still don’t think Brownlie is anywhere close to the player he was before that full missed season with his knee. I think a good forward line can certainly exploit them. In an ideal world Milne and Mcavoy would be fit and we’d play

McMillan mcavoy holt Milne 

as a back 4 (I really thought mcavoy looked the business in his short stint). Obviously injuries are part of football but I think if those 2 hadn’t got injured and that had been our ever present back 4 under doolan, we would probably have won the league outright. Brownlies mistakes cost us in several games. Certainly not trying to pin it all on Bronwlie but I do fear he may still be the weak link against a premier side. All if, buts and maybes of course but I’m just trying to be realistic and cautious about our centre half pairing with virtually 0 defensive cover on the bench as well.

Milne’s last game for us was the 1-0 defeat at Inverness in March. Upto that point, under Doolan we had played 7, goals for 7, goals against 2, shut outs 5. Since then, we have played 9, goals for 29, goals against 8, shut outs 4. I think those stats back up that we have been a bit weaker at the back since Milne went out injured and Holt moved to left back. However, we have also been much more attacking, scoring on average more than 3 per game.

9 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

Milne’s last game for us was the 1-0 defeat at Inverness in March. Upto that point, under Doolan we had played 7, goals for 7, goals against 2, shut outs 5. Since then, we have played 9, goals for 29, goals against 8, shut outs 4. I think those stats back up that we have been a bit weaker at the back since Milne went out injured and Holt moved to left back. However, we have also been much more attacking, scoring on average more than 3 per game.

Baws oot fitba

7 hours ago, Doolan9 said:

I accept this point but I think any thistle fan who thinks that both aren’t a bit of a worry going forward is slightly naive. Nothing against either but both have mistakes in them and I still don’t think Brownlie is anywhere close to the player he was before that full missed season with his knee. I think a good forward line can certainly exploit them. In an ideal world Milne and Mcavoy would be fit and we’d play

McMillan mcavoy holt Milne 

as a back 4 (I really thought mcavoy looked the business in his short stint). Obviously injuries are part of football but I think if those 2 hadn’t got injured and that had been our ever present back 4 under doolan, we would probably have won the league outright. Brownlies mistakes cost us in several games. Certainly not trying to pin it all on Bronwlie but I do fear he may still be the weak link against a premier side. All if, buts and maybes of course but I’m just trying to be realistic and cautious about our centre half pairing with virtually 0 defensive cover on the bench as well.

Agreed,however,we are where we are re back four which makes it even more important to have a fit Banzo and Doc infront of our CBs breaking down any forward moves Ayr may conjure up.If Aero and Brownlie can stick to the script of “blooter the ball up the park ,ask questions later” we’ll be just fine .

4 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Seems @jagfox has bottled returning due to the fear and the Thissul bois are turning on him. 

He needs to come back and reassert his dominance over his pack before they go for the throat of their leader.

Made a c**t of it mate.

Apologies, in ngeneral,  for spamming thread and chatting more shite than normal.

Thank you.

15 hours ago, JagsCG said:

Appreciate the rest of your points here but if you went and asked Kevin Holt he’d strongly disagree with that, he doesn’t particularly like playing LB these days. He’s been a CB since his 2nd stint in Cyprus, played there a lot for us last season too and is much better suited to it tbf. 

11 hours ago, I Clavdivs said:

Holt can play left back,however,is more comfortable and effective at CB.With no other left back alternatives due to injuries to Milne and Hodson he will stay where he is .Turner has been playing in front of Doc and Banzo for most of season but has had to play beside Doc in Banzo’s absence……again he can do this,however,more natural playing forward .With Banzo back we’ll have a more effective coverage in front of our CBs making it more difficult for any Ayr forward threat .

If yer man is back on Friday there is no doubt what his ,and the rest of Ayr’s ,remit will be .However,the harder they press to claw back a three goal deficit the easier it will be for our currently free scoring forwards to score at will .

Right but it’s not as if he’s playing in a position he doesn’t know. He can play left back comfortably and Turner can also play deeper as well to the same effect.

23 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Right but it’s not as if he’s playing in a position he doesn’t know. He can play left back comfortably and Turner can also play deeper as well to the same effect.

Cheers Miss Marple,no one’s disagreeing with you ,am sure Dools will take notice .

6 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Cheers Miss Marple,no one’s disagreeing with you ,am sure Dools will take notice .

You were the one saying you had players playing out of position when it plainly wasn’t the case. 

HTH.

2 hours ago, jagfox said:

Made a c**t of it mate.

Apologies, in ngeneral,  for spamming thread and chatting more shite than normal.

Thank you.

I forgive you.

Very uncharacteristic of you not quite like that Morton fan who regularly hits the sauce and spams the forum.

18 hours ago, jagfox said:

Made a c**t of it mate.

Thank you.

Many of us have done it 😂😂

But not so many have the baws to hold up their hands and take it on the chin afterwards. Fair play to you.