Partick v Ayr/Ayr v Partick - Semi Final

21 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

FTFY

Especially tinpot when you have 15 minutes to do so at half time. Then some numbskull decides about 30 seconds before the second half kicks off to move them, delaying kick off.

Edited by Trogdor

36 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Especially tinpot when you have 15 minutes to do so at half time. Then some numbskull decides about 30 seconds before the second half kicks off to move them, delaying kick off.

Yes,not a good look and have not seen any official statement from Club.I can only assume there were pre match entry issues to the Lambie forcing fans into left side of JHS.At half it should have been handled better with transfer of fans to the Lambie but sincerely hope it did not spoil for you an otherwise satisfying and enjoyable football extravaganza  in the big City .

Edited by I Clavdivs

Have the 2nd place teams ever done so poorly in the playoffs throughout the SPFL?

First leg results you’ve got Ayr lost 3-0, Falkirk lost 6-2 and Dumbarton lost 6-0 

Very odd for 3 teams to all get ragdolled by teams they finished above over 36 games

18 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

Yes,not a good look and have not seen any official statement from Club.I can only assume there were pre match entry issues to the Lambie forcing fans into left side of JHS.At half it should have been handled better with transfer of fans to the Lambie but sincerely hope it did not spoil for you an otherwise satisfying and enjoyable football extravaganza  in the big City .

A minor irritation when compared to our insipid performance and my seethe towards our players and manager.

Thank you.

5 minutes ago, AlwaysAPar said:

Have the 2nd place teams ever done so poorly in the playoffs throughout the SPFL?

First leg results you’ve got Ayr lost 3-0, Falkirk lost 6-2 and Dumbarton lost 6-0 

Very odd for 3 teams to all get ragdolled by teams they finished above over 36 games

As good as it was that we finished second I don’t think there’s any Ayr fan that would say it was expected nor did it mean we were so much better than QP or Thistle. There was only a point between ourselves and Morton and any of us could’ve came second. Out of all the top four sides we were probably the weakest on paper even with Dipo so when you remove him it’s a huge mountain to climb. 

This was always planned to be a season of transition so to finish second is pretty good going but you fall apart so easily in our biggest game for years is so frustrating. 

I’m in two minds over next season. Logic says that Bullen is unlikely to change the way he goes about things meaning we won’t really be able to make changes in games that go our way and there are still questions over his willingness to replace under performing players in the team. However I still have a suspicion he won’t be here next season. His enthusiasm seems to have dwindled a bit and I don’t think it was ever a long term move for him given his partner and younger kids still stay in Sheffield. Time will tell but I think next week will be his last game for us. 

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

A minor irritation when compared to our insipid performance and my seethe towards our players and manager.

Thank you.

Ach,just think of the Bawbees you’ll get for Akinyemi !.

The whole situation with the lambie was very tin pot and I certainly wasn’t pleased about it considering I had to move from my normal seat. I suspected all week something was off about it. However, as long as it’s sorted for next time and we don’t f**k up next Friday down at Ayr I can certainly forgot about it. As for the game we were great and I would have taken a 3 goal lead all day long pre match. If anything im slightly disappointed we didn’t win by a few more and truly bury it for good. If dipo is back I think Ayr can score a few next week but I don’t see a scenario where we don’t score more ourselves. Ayrs full backs and that big lanky streak of piss Mcginty (ex thistle favourite apparently😂😂)  are murder. Factor that in with the form and ability of our attacking players, playing against a team who need to come out and go for it. I see that leading to us picking Ayr off and fancy we will either win again or a 2-2 draw type game. McMillan is an unbelievable right back for us and the link up between him and wee magic Stevie Is simply unstoppable at times. If we don’t f**k up next week I think we have a right good chance of beating the premier team due to our attacking ability. My only worry still remains with aero and brownlie being the ones who likely prevent us. We are the first 4th place team to ever get this far, so why not go all the way eh? Lastly, Doolan is the fucking messiah and I Love him to bits. 

Edited by Doolan9

Thistle were excellent. Ayr clear missed any sort of presence upfront, never mind Akinyemi. Made it very easy for Thistle to take hold of the game. However, as I say, they really were excellent.

Good luck in the final. Like Dundee, you’d need a rebuild if you got up (not to the extent we do granted).  But I hope you do it.

Edited by Liam899

1 hour ago, AlwaysAPar said:

Can't speak for the other leagues but the top of the championship was abnormally inconsistent, it was like a mid-table scrap but at the top. Arguably with another 6-9 games Thistle could've won the league let alone finish 2nd. 

The only thing as embarassing as our attempt to compete last night is folk pretending the tie isn't over. 

Partick could and probably should rest a bunch of players in the second leg.  

10 hours ago, Highlandmagar said:

Prosecco?? Yuck. Pimms for me.

6 hours ago, baba douche said:

I like a wee calvados myself, and I don't wear a cravat - I rock an Ascot and pocket-square combo 👍

Fair play to yous two for taking the banter in good spirit, and congrats on the win. But fair play also to the several Ayr fans who've been so magnanimous and sportsmanlike in defeat.

1 hour ago, Doolan9 said:

The whole situation with the lambie was very tin pot and I certainly wasn’t pleased about it considering I had to move from my normal seat. I suspected all week something was off about it. However, as long as it’s sorted for next time and we don’t f**k up next Friday down at Ayr I can certainly forgot about it. As for the game we were great and I would have taken a 3 goal lead all day long pre match. If anything im slightly disappointed we didn’t win by a few more and truly bury it for good. If dipo is back I think Ayr can score a few next week but I don’t see a scenario where we don’t score more ourselves. Ayrs full backs and that big lanky streak of piss Mcginty (ex thistle favourite apparently😂😂)  are murder. Factor that in with the form and ability of our attacking players, playing against a team who need to come out and go for it. I see that leading to us picking Ayr off and fancy we will either win again or a 2-2 draw type game. McMillan is an unbelievable right back for us and the link up between him and wee magic Stevie Is simply unstoppable at times. If we don’t f**k up next week I think we have a right good chance of beating the premier team due to our attacking ability. My only worry still remains with aero and brownlie being the ones who likely prevent us. We are the first 4th place team to ever get this far, so why not go all the way eh? Lastly, Doolan is the fucking messiah and I Love him to bits. 

To be fair on Aero and Brownlie they both put in a shift last night by clearing their lines without too much fuss or flap .

29 minutes ago, I Clavdivs said:

To be fair on Aero and Brownlie they both put in a shift last night by clearing their lines without too much fuss or flap .

They weren’t tested in the slightest. Every Ayr fan knew they’d stroll it as soon as it became known that Akinyemi wasn’t playing.