Partick v Ayr/Ayr v Partick - Semi Final

Ayr didn’t miss Dipo tonight, we could have had that performance without him.

Thistle knew our weak points and exploited them, they did the same thing three times and scored three goals. Anyone who has watched us since Christmas knows where our weak areas are. 

We did our usual, once a team got a grip of the midfield, we decided the game was up. No urgency or fight, didn’t try anything different.

Thistle deserved to win by 4-5 tonight and the fact they withdrew Graham and Tiffoney early was daft, they could have had the tie finished tonight but didn’t kill it off.

Ayr deserved nothing, like we have done for months but we are still clinging on for grim death. 

Just got home from the best night at Firhill since the Morton game. Why is Sportscene unavailable? I am desperate to relive that.

Ayr deserved a goal. We should have had 4 or 5.

Ticketing shambles and the shifting of fans at half time could have been even messier than it was. Amateur. 

But great game. Great atmosphere.  

just seen the goals on the highlights there - 5 Thistle players in the box for the first goal, Lawless maybe just about ends up in the penalty area too to technically make it 6. Hardly any forward for the second but nonetheless a lovely wee dinked ball from Docherty and a perfect first touch from Tiffoney. 3 in the penalty area to make it 3-0 - I don't think we even really wasted time or started running the ball into the corner at any point either.

1 minute ago, 9queens said:

Just got home from the best night at Firhill since the Morton game. Why is Sportscene unavailable? I am desperate to relive that.

Ayr deserved a goal. We should have had 4 or 5.

Ticketing shambles and the shifting of fans at half time could have been even messier than it was. Amateur. 

But great game. Great atmosphere.  

bbc sport scotland twitter has the goals and a couple of other highlights

edit: cant find a way to intravenously feed them into my body unfortunately

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

2 hours ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Ooft. Hurting? Hope so.

Enjoy your night……

Not really. Thought we’d get scudded. Just fed up seeing your mince excuse for banter appearing on an ayr thread. I’m assuming bullet has had his walk so there’s f**k all left to do in killle. 

Went up more in hope than anything|?I thought we’d lose tonight. Don’t think we’ve got the team to go up…but my christ Hewitt and Reading  reek. Laughably bad.

barring a big result at Somerset, I’m looking forward to the season ending. Hoping we get 2-3 quality additions and push on 

Football is weird. If we had lost 3-0 at Somerset I'd be thinking game over. 

We win 3-0 at Firhill and I'm thinking job not done. 

Ayr will obviously need to chase the game 2nd leg. It will suit us to play a sharp incisive counter attacking game. A goal at Somerset surely kills the tie stone dead???? 

Ach, I'm going to enjoy today's performance for that bit longer and worry about the return leg in a day or so. 

25 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

Solpadeine, the soluble stuff will help tomorrow. 

I don't drink

I just hate Ayr . ..

Jk

Wet wipe, bell-enders

My guess re the the John Lambie Stand and it clearly not being full tonight despite it being sold out is that there was some issue and/or queues and people with JLS tickets were moved to the JHS. 

I was told before the game that although the JHS was busier than normal it wasn't going to be that much busier. 

The JHS felt much, much busier than normal, especially in the corner nearest the JLS. 

That might account for the movement from there to the JLS at half-time. 

The crowd was certainly consistent with the number of tickets sold if not how the crowd was distributed across the home stands. 

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I've been to Firhill a few times since then and never noticed it.

Firhill hosted the women’s European Championship games a couple of years back and I think it was mandated by UEFA that all grounds have a scoreboard. So our tinpot wee effort was installed then.