Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

328 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Certainly a left field appointment, especially for the gig in the Prem. Would be suprised if he lasts the full season. Both Dundee clubs seem to be in a bit of a sticky situation, but as a Prem neutral (I have to be seeing as my team will never make it there) the Prem is better for the derbies. Wonder if theyll even happen in 24/25 season 

30 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Certainly a left field appointment, especially for the gig in the Prem. Would be suprised if he lasts the full season. Both Dundee clubs seem to be in a bit of a sticky situation, but as a Prem neutral (I have to be seeing as my team will never make it there) the Prem is better for the derbies. Wonder if theyll even happen in 24/25 season 

Thrice in the one post? #mods, please? 

18 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Seriously though, Dundee (even though a city team) have been shite forever. I can remember United being the business and everyone loving them. Not so Dundee, who have always been shit.

Ask your grandad who has been the top team in Dundee for the majority of the existence of both clubs.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Ask your grandad who has been the top team in Dundee for the majority of the existence of both clubs.

...and who the big derbies were with!

4 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Interesting, didn’t realise Docherty and Strachan were such good pals 

"I had the privilege to witness Tony's coaching skills first-hand when he joined the Scotland coaching team.

I reckon he's just continued through his phone contacts in alphabetical order

3 hours ago, jagfox said:

It is hard to figure out at the moment, like there have been assistants or coaches who have taken over the reigns to great effect, there has also been Gerry Collins...

Can anyone think of examples, where coaches have been appointed from other clubs to become the manager, though?

It s never dull at Dens, that's for sure.

#PeakCinch 

Tommy Wright 

Just since there was a discussion about the role he played in training under McInnes...

Screenshot_20230529_190452_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cc4ce2a84cb11b0d19b9dab48b43246c.jpg

I sort of get Tommy Wright vibes off him tbh, seems a similar type.

Edited by RandomGuy.

56 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Just since there was a discussion about the role he played in training under McInnes...

Screenshot_20230529_190452_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cc4ce2a84cb11b0d19b9dab48b43246c.jpg

I sort of get Tommy Wright vibes off him tbh, seems a similar type.

If he sets up the training drills under McInnes then thank f**k he’s gone - with all due respect. 

Noticed he spoke about creating a style of play at Dundee. That’s certainly one thing we never had at Killie. There was constant tinkering and changing every week and no real identity. 

I heard a few weeeks back that Fraser Murray was Dundee bound, maybe makes a bit more sense now. Good luck with that one too. 

25 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

If he sets up the training drills under McInnes then thank f**k he’s gone - with all due respect. 

Noticed he spoke about creating a style of play at Dundee. That’s certainly one thing we never had at Killie. There was constant tinkering and changing every week and no real identity. 

I heard a few weeeks back that Fraser Murray was Dundee bound, maybe makes a bit more sense now. Good luck with that one too. 

Blub Blub 

35 minutes ago, Nadroj said:

Maybe it was McInnes sticking his bearded pus in and ruining everything?

Thank you.

eta. Good luck with Derek, now that the brains behind the operation has gone.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

14 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Maybe it was McInnes sticking his bearded pus in and ruining everything?

Thank you.

eta. Good luck with Derek, now that the brains behind the operation has gone.

The brains behind what operation? We were fucking rotten all season m8.