Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

328 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

as the powers that be have previously managed  to display the singular talent of taking a situation that seems as bad as it can possibly be and making it worse, when can we expect McGhee announced as Assistant Manager / Head Coach? 

(and probably head of recruitment) 

In what world was sacking Bowyer and signing Davidson the prudent thing to do? Legitimately Nelms can f**k off and when he gets there f**k off some more.

Edit - It is abundantly clear this is all about money and if they are cutting corners before even building a squad (that he is going to be building) we are already 12th next year.

Edited by Crawford

18 minutes ago, Crawford said:

It is abundantly clear this is all about money and if they are cutting corners before even building a squad (that he is going to be building) we are already 12th next year.

Just to reiterate, Davidson spent an absolute fortune with us (comfortably over £250k in fees over 18 months, 10+ multi-year deal contracts, big wages for almost every signing last Summer).

Hes not a manager who works on a budget.

If you want a positive, the way in which he coached his team in his first 12 months in the job at Saints was very impressive.

Even in the first half of the double-winning season, we had a clear style and, personally, I felt results would come. Our performances in big games were very good and he had us competing against the Old Firm. We went to Ibrox in the Scottish Cup and went toe-to-toe with a Rangers side that didn't lose in the league all season.

Our performances in the two away games, especially, in Europe were also excellent.

With the right players, Callum Davidson can justifiably claim to be a very good coach.

The negatives are well covered elsewhere. They needn't be the end of the world if you believe a manager can learn from mistakes. That is a big if though I would fear especially with only a month out the game.

Football is full of surprises though.

Edited by Radford

1 hour ago, johnnydun said:

A 31% win record. Ffs.

This is Strachan's doing. It will be WGS's players, plus Nelms's American imports, being coached by Clum. 

This has disaster written all over it.

Excited I Like It GIF by LA Clippers

1 hour ago, Radford said:

If you want a positive, the way in which he coached his team in his first 12 months in the job at Saints was very impressive.

Even in the first half of the double-winning season, we had a clear style and, personally, I felt results would come. Our performances in big games were very good and he had us competing against the Old Firm. We went to Ibrox in the Scottish Cup and went toe-to-toe with a Rangers side that didn't lose in the league all season.

Our performances in the two away games, especially, in Europe were also excellent.

With the right players, Callum Davidson can justifiably claim to be a very good coach.

The negatives are well covered elsewhere. They needn't be the end of the world if you believe a manager can learn from mistakes. That is a big if though I would fear especially with only a month out the game.

Football is full of surprises though.

Thank you. A few crumbs of comfort there. I was quite behind the decision to punt GB - but not for Strachan's wee pal.

Appointing someone who has  been sacked for underperforming in essentially the same job. I know it happens constantly in football but will never understand it. My fear is that we'll do something to make this look like a sensible move. 

1 hour ago, mcjameos said:

Appointing someone who has  been sacked for underperforming in essentially the same job. I know it happens constantly in football but will never understand it. My fear is that we'll do something to make this look like a sensible move. 

This is the most frustrating thing for me.  I'd much rather have someone with no track record in the Premiership than one with only a record of failure.  He won the cups which were incredible achievements, but as soon as he had to build his own team it fell of a cliff and that's exactly what we need him to do now.

Both on and off the pitch we haven't been this attractive to prospective managers since at least the start of this century, if not a lot further back than that.  Yet we go for literally the least imaginative option which anyone with half a brain can show has at least a decent chance of being terrible.

Edited by stu2910

1 minute ago, Spikethedee said:

Don't get our hopes up without showing your working...

STV reporting its "hit a snag", which is presumably everyone involved being aware theres a baying mob out for their blood if they actually go ahead with it.