I can`t believe nobody is talking about the state of the Meadow right now. We are plummeting down the league from 6th to 11th under this management, only staying out of relegation because there`s only 2 games left! If we had more games left this lot would have us relegated.
There not a plan A in their game plan, never mind a plan B! Performances have been murder and the squad seems to be lower than the league position. We`ve dropped points to every team below us and we`ll probs drop six more in the last two games. The word is the training is a joke too and that`s coming from players.

The top players in the squad have already left or are leaving, Gowser and Cal gone already with Boydy Slooves Wharton and now Urquhart all following them out the door. Wee Smudge allowed to leave for nothing to join Talbot and being their best player! 

Teplacements have come from Dalrys bench and Whitletts FFS! Even the kids from the youth team that have come on have looked better than Stewart, McNair and probably both the Kerrs!  What are we doing, preparing for relegation next season?? Where are the new signings? What is Deeney doing , we now have the worst Medda squad in years, relegation candidates for next season and haven`t even finished this one!
What players would want to come to be part of this squad now? Get a real manager in who can get the crap out and build a proper squad before it`s too late! This lot wouldny know a player if they fell over one. Colin and James must be wondering how they got bumped and this lot are still there

2 hours ago, Hammerthower said:

I can`t believe nobody is talking about the state of the Meadow right now. We are plummeting down the league from 6th to 11th under this management, only staying out of relegation because there`s only 2 games left! If we had more games left this lot would have us relegated.
There not a plan A in their game plan, never mind a plan B! Performances have been murder and the squad seems to be lower than the league position. We`ve dropped points to every team below us and we`ll probs drop six more in the last two games. The word is the training is a joke too and that`s coming from players.

The top players in the squad have already left or are leaving, Gowser and Cal gone already with Boydy Slooves Wharton and now Urquhart all following them out the door. Wee Smudge allowed to leave for nothing to join Talbot and being their best player! 

Teplacements have come from Dalrys bench and Whitletts FFS! Even the kids from the youth team that have come on have looked better than Stewart, McNair and probably both the Kerrs!  What are we doing, preparing for relegation next season?? Where are the new signings? What is Deeney doing , we now have the worst Medda squad in years, relegation candidates for next season and haven`t even finished this one!
What players would want to come to be part of this squad now? Get a real manager in who can get the crap out and build a proper squad before it`s too late! This lot wouldny know a player if they fell over one. Colin and James must be wondering how they got bumped and this lot are still there

Made some good points but Colin & James had some horrendous results & performances too during start of this season & end of last season. 

A bit worrying Meadow are losing our best players to our league rivals and we have a massive summer rebuild on the cards to even stay in the league next season. The new management has only been in the door a couple of months really but they will know that really need to be picking up a win before the end of the season to give the fans some hope for next season plus need some exciting signings as a couple of the recent signings have yet to deliver.

I think we have done well to go through 3 management teams and still manage to stay clear of relegation but massive improvements in performances and results needed for next season as supporters are drifting away.

4 hours ago, Hammerthower said:

Their signings will never deliver, one that couldn’t get a regular game at Dalry and two from Whitletts at the bottom of the championship and McNair that’s done nothing. All out their depth in this division and the management too!

To be fair to young MacNair he has scored 2 goals against Talbot and hasn't had much of a run in the team yet.

Can’t argue with any of your points Hammerman…..all bang on (excuse the pun ). You sign 18 year old players from Whitlettts or Dalry with potential…….not twenty somethings who are not very likely to get much better. 

The real problem is our lack on consistency…..we’ve got decent results against Hurlford, Cumnock, Pollock and Talbot but managed to lose to Cambuslang twice,  Petershill and Arthurlie…we’ve even been thrashed by the Buffs, and everybody is beating them at the moment!!

The Board have done a great job with the ground and its infrastructure to deliver one of the best Junior grounds in the Premier Division…..unfortunately , if things don’t improve, it might finish up being the best ground in the lower leagues.

Edited by Meddaman

On 09/05/2023 at 16:26, Hammerthower said:

Their signings will never deliver, one that couldn’t get a regular game at Dalry and two from Whitletts at the bottom of the championship and McNair that’s done nothing. All out their depth in this division and the management too!

Don't you just love a good troll on the net , especially those that create a new profile just to try undermine someone. And just like this post you normally find they are ill informed and spout nonsense claims. 
It's funny how you mention the management team from the start of the season yet fail to mention the fact the team were sitting second bottom of the league , had a squad of 26 players which had no identity or style of play and were undoubtedly going to be relegated if that had continued, added to that you have a go at Kevin Deeney for his signings when in fact he has not signed anyone since taking over . So you may come back and state the fact he was assistant when they signed but if you know anything about football, which is debatable reading your post , is that everyone sees the game differently, and the manager has the final say on players. And on the signings you cared to mention, I think you have done these lads a total disservice, all have qualities to justify their signings but it is a step up in leagues for them and they have been thrown into an every changing squad. Given time other signings and a good pre season , I really think these guys will prove you wrong. 
Were you at the game tonight , all three players you mentioned had very good games tonight and this relegation candidate team made Clydebank, who have had an excellent season, look very ordinary, and on the balance of play I am disappointed we didn't get 3 points . 
So if you are a genuine fan how about backing your team and the players and see how they do once new players come in. Just to finish it's clear unless we sign players from Talbot , Pollok and the like then they are not good enough but unfortunately medda aren't the big payers they once were so to get top players you need a top budget, if you are willing to splash your own cash then maybe the manager can break the bank to sign players of your liking. There is plenty of gems of players playing in the lowers leagues who can come in and do a good job and I'm sure the current manager will be working round the clock to bring players in and move out the ones who either don't want to be there or he feels aren't good enough. Kevin was a top junior player in his time and was also a winner so he knows what type of player needed to improve the squad, so maybe back him instead of slaughtering him. 

7 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

This forum would be a lot better if folk put their real name against their posts. 

No it wouldn't. Forums only work due to relative anonymity. Everyone would be worried about stating an opinion for fear of getting lynched at the following week's game.

8 hours ago, .Stuart. said:

This forum would be a lot better if folk put their real name against their posts. 

I understand why you say that , I have not been on P&B for a good number of years since I played myself and at that time I did use my own name but as Jim Baxter says it opens you to personal abuse and criticism which I decided I would rather not experience again. 
I was actually surprised this forum was still going , especially with the likes of twitter etc these days, which I have never used! 
Good to see guy like Jim Baxter on here, had many a good debate about things on here previously with guys like him 

12 hours ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

Don't you just love a good troll on the net , especially those that create a new profile just to try undermine someone. And just like this post you normally find they are ill informed and spout nonsense claims. 
It's funny how you mention the management team from the start of the season yet fail to mention the fact the team were sitting second bottom of the league , had a squad of 26 players which had no identity or style of play and were undoubtedly going to be relegated if that had continued, added to that you have a go at Kevin Deeney for his signings when in fact he has not signed anyone since taking over . So you may come back and state the fact he was assistant when they signed but if you know anything about football, which is debatable reading your post , is that everyone sees the game differently, and the manager has the final say on players. And on the signings you cared to mention, I think you have done these lads a total disservice, all have qualities to justify their signings but it is a step up in leagues for them and they have been thrown into an every changing squad. Given time other signings and a good pre season , I really think these guys will prove you wrong. 
Were you at the game tonight , all three players you mentioned had very good games tonight and this relegation candidate team made Clydebank, who have had an excellent season, look very ordinary, and on the balance of play I am disappointed we didn't get 3 points . 
So if you are a genuine fan how about backing your team and the players and see how they do once new players come in. Just to finish it's clear unless we sign players from Talbot , Pollok and the like then they are not good enough but unfortunately medda aren't the big payers they once were so to get top players you need a top budget, if you are willing to splash your own cash then maybe the manager can break the bank to sign players of your liking. There is plenty of gems of players playing in the lowers leagues who can come in and do a good job and I'm sure the current manager will be working round the clock to bring players in and move out the ones who either don't want to be there or he feels aren't good enough. Kevin was a top junior player in his time and was also a winner so he knows what type of player needed to improve the squad, so maybe back him instead of slaughtering him. 

Says the guy with an account that’s 2 days old! 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Yes I was at the game last night, I paid my money at the gate so I’ll continue to say what I think. Try listening to what’s being said around the ground and town.

We played shit first half and only got a sniff once Clydebank went down to 10 men. Never looked like scoring until then. 
Still think I’m wrong about NcNair?? Again Kyle Faulds shows his class and drags the team to a result. They better be making sure he’s staying and building a team around him! 

Surely kev deserves a full season of his own ideas and to put his very own mark on the team before any sort of pnb witch hunt should kick in ? 

Didn't see a poor meadow team in our recent narrow 1-2 win down there and if it weren't for our goalies last minute heroics from a meadow free kick into the top corner then they could have had a draw .

4 hours ago, Thejackdaw said:

Surely kev deserves a full season of his own ideas and to put his very own mark on the team before any sort of pnb witch hunt should kick in ? 

Didn't see a poor meadow team in our recent narrow 1-2 win down there and if it weren't for our goalies last minute heroics from a meadow free kick into the top corner then they could have had a draw .

Let’s be serious here, that’s one game you’ve seen and we got a penalty that was never a penalty to get us into the game. Beith played us off the park the majority of that game.

what about the Cambuslang Petershill buffs and Arthurlie games where we’ve terrible. How many dropped points to relegated teams?

To many happy clappers happy with shit performances and signings or only like to moan and say nothing. Others just stopped going to Medda Park.

Slooves Boydy Wharton and Rossco all going take them out the squad and your not left with much. Only signings we see are our players for other teams!

Look at that bench last night. We are in the shite with our squad and nobody seems to be worried about it?

8 hours ago, Hammerthower said:

Says the guy with an account that’s 2 days old! 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

Yes I was at the game last night, I paid my money at the gate so I’ll continue to say what I think. Try listening to what’s being said around the ground and town.

We played shit first half and only got a sniff once Clydebank went down to 10 men. Never looked like scoring until then. 
Still think I’m wrong about NcNair?? Again Kyle Faulds shows his class and drags the team to a result. They better be making sure he’s staying and building a team around him! 

The difference is I never created this account to troll like you! I was made aware of your post and came on for a read , due to not being on pie and bovril for years I couldn't remember my log in so created another account especially to reply to you, bet you feel so privileged! 

really I thought we played really well , created more chances than them and only got undone by a wonder goal to start with , we lost our way after that as heads when down but came back out fighting in second half again and I reckon would have got back in game sending off or not. We will clearly beg to differ given your negative tinted specs you wear. I have a mate who plays with Clydebank and he was very impressed with Medda and told me he thoroughly enjoyed it as it was such a tough 90 minutes 

15 hours ago, Plantar fasciitis said:

really I thought we played really well , created more chances than them and only got undone by a wonder goal to start with , we lost our way after that as heads when down but came back out fighting in second half again and I reckon would have got back in game sending off or not. We will clearly beg to differ given your negative tinted specs you wear. I have a mate who plays with Clydebank and he was very impressed with Medda and told me he thoroughly enjoyed it as it was such a tough 90 minutes 

We’ve not had an excellent season in the slightest lol. 

Good way to finish the season scoring 4 goals away from home and getting 3 points to move us into top half of the league. Be an interesting summer but Kev and his team have to be given time to build their own team. Will be a right tough league again next season! Mon the Meadow!